Thalantyr item upgrade bgee V4.0

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Vaerk

Vaerk
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:05 AM

And every other mod except this works.

The thing is, this mod works for everyone except you. There is something you missed.

Not much to miss especially when you use BWS. And when I said the containers have wrong names I actually meant to say that they have wrong names when you have opened them. Here are some screenshots:0gP83tY.png

Gm31uPE.png

#42 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:20 AM

Ah that's caused by the mod not naming the .sto files info "name", which is a distinct feature:
  COPY ~thalan/Sto/thbag01.sto~ ~override/thbag01.sto~
  COPY ~thalan/Sto/thbag02.sto~ ~override/thbag02.sto~
  COPY ~thalan/Sto/thbag03.sto~ ~override/thbag03.sto~
  COPY ~thalan/Sto/thbag04.sto~ ~override/thbag04.sto~
  COPY ~thalan/Sto/thbag05.sto~ ~override/thbag05.sto~
END
Edit of this kind to each line would fix that:
  COPY ~thalan/Sto/thbag01.sto~ ~override/thbag01.sto~
WRITE_LONG ~0x000c~ ~Bag of muchies~
Or what ever to each...

Edited by The Imp, 03 April 2015 - 11:21 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#43 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:06 PM

I'm having some issues, too (With the Bag of Holding, Ammo Belt, Scroll Case, Potion Case, & Gem Bag):

Baldr000.png

Baldr001.png

Baldr002.png

Baldr003.png

Baldr004.png

Baldr005.png

#44 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:19 PM

I'm having some issues, too (With the Bag of Holding, Ammo Belt, Scroll Case, Potion Case, & Gem Bag):

That's the same exact thing as above, except that it's likely to be in BG2EE game, or in a very VERY very heavily modified BG1EE game(as you would have to about double the original game's dialog.tlk file).

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#45 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:04 AM

I"m gonna check this using unmodified BG1:EE today and post some feedback.

Cool. I hope this issue can be resolved, because I'd REALLY like to have that Bag of Holding in BG1EE (In-game, I mean. Without using the console)

#46 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:08 PM

OK, I just fixed that. New version 4.2.1 is out.

Download (Windows)
Download (Unix-likes)
ReadMe (english)
ReadMe (spanish)
ReadMe (french)
ReadMe (german)
ReadMe (polish)
ReadMe (russian)

Edited by Crevs Daak, 11 April 2015 - 09:18 AM.

#47 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:18 AM

Fixed, thanks!

P.S. None of the readme's links works.
Thanks, fixed :)
P.S.2 .DS_Store files aren't needed inside rar, I suggest to make some script which will prepare rar archive for "Releases" tab.
Yup, I've noticed this but I already had packaged and uploaded the archive. Next time they won't be there :D

#48 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:19 AM

Can anyone check if this mod adds a specific dagger +2 that you have to use to upgrade the dagger of venom? Or can you use any +2 dagger?

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#49 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:08 AM

Can anyone check if this mod adds a specific dagger +2 that you have to use to upgrade the dagger of venom? Or can you use any +2 dagger?
There is just one +2 in BG1 which I guess the mod uses, it's the Heart of the Golem IIRC... You can get one from the area south of nashkel and one from marek I think... At least in vanilla BGEE which is what I've played the most recently without mods.

#50 Lightbringer23

Lightbringer23
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:23 PM

I found a mod-breaking conflict that I think is due to the v2.5 changes -- fortunately the solution is extremely simple. It may be due to some other mod in my install that affects NPC dialogue, but the issue is new in the last 2 years.

Currently, Thalantyr's dialogue tree only gives you the "Rumors? Bah! There's no mage here that wishes to speak or be spoken of ... " state once. It used to appear every time you talk to Thalantyr. Thalantyr's Item Upgrade places its functionality within the "Rumors?" dialogue tree. The effect is that you get to ask Thal about making magic items exactly once, and never again.

Now, the "Rumors?" dialogue tree has a trigger that RumorTalkThalan=0. Once it triggers, it then creates the action:

SetGlobal("RumorTalkThalan","GLOBAL",1)

And you never see it again.

Until the mod is updated, you can go into THALAN.dlg using Near Infinity and change two Actions (6 and 18 in my install) to:

SetGlobal("RumorTalkThalan","GLOBAL",0)

That fixes it, but ensures that you get to play Thalantyr's coy little game every time you talk to him once more :P

Edited by Lightbringer23, 14 October 2018 - 08:54 AM.

#51 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:50 AM

Hello Crevs,

any chance for a ITEM Upgrade for Item revision?

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#52 SergeyKrichevskiy

SergeyKrichevskiy
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:16 PM

I can`t install the mod :-( :
The installer do nor recognize my EET game

Thalant.PNG?dl=0Thalant.PNG?dl=0https://www.dropbox....halant.PNG?dl=0

What can i do to install it?
Thank you! :-)

P.s: i have EET version  "v1.0 RC10 : 09 EN" installed

Edited by SergeyKrichevskiy, 17 February 2019 - 02:19 PM.

#53 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:39 AM

I found a mod-breaking conflict that I think is due to the v2.5 changes -- fortunately the solution is extremely simple. It may be due to some other mod in my install that affects NPC dialogue, but the issue is new in the last 2 years.

Currently, Thalantyr's dialogue tree only gives you the "Rumors? Bah! There's no mage here that wishes to speak or be spoken of ... " state once. It used to appear every time you talk to Thalantyr. Thalantyr's Item Upgrade places its functionality within the "Rumors?" dialogue tree. The effect is that you get to ask Thal about making magic items exactly once, and never again.

Now, the "Rumors?" dialogue tree has a trigger that RumorTalkThalan=0. Once it triggers, it then creates the action:

SetGlobal("RumorTalkThalan","GLOBAL",1)

And you never see it again.

Until the mod is updated, you can go into THALAN.dlg using Near Infinity and change two Actions (6 and 18 in my install) to:

SetGlobal("RumorTalkThalan","GLOBAL",0)

That fixes it, but ensures that you get to play Thalantyr's coy little game every time you talk to him once more :P
I currently don't have the EE games installed, but I could easily fix this if you posted your game's THALAN.d file. Just run ``weidu thalan.dlg'' from a terminal while on the directory containing the chitin.key file, and WeiDU will produce said file. Thank you very much for the bug report btw.

Hello Crevs,
any chance for a ITEM Upgrade for Item revision?
Yes. It's on my plans already, but not in the near future. I won't give any ETA other than Soon™ right now, cause I've done nothing towards this (and this will most likely continue this way for a while).

I can`t install the mod :-( :
The installer do nor recognize my EET game

Thalant.PNG?dl=0Thalant.PNG?dl=0https://www.dropbox....halant.PNG?dl=0

What can i do to install it?
Thank you! :-)

P.s: i have EET version  "v1.0 RC10 : 09 EN" installed
I believe I've just fixed this problem, although I'm not too certain about it. Sorry but my knowledge is rather outdated when it comes to modding to be honest, as I've gone too long without doing anything related to it, and as equally long without reading anything about it.

https://github.com/CrevsDaak/thalan/releases

Here's the latest version unless someone created a set of patches for the mod that I'm not aware of.

Edited by Crevs Daak, 04 March 2019 - 07:32 AM.

#54 Casublett

Casublett
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 03:53 PM

Possible bugs:

Thalantyr only uses "Zhurlong's Missing Boots" and not the other "Boots of Stealth/Worn Whispers" found in EET installs for crafting "Boots of the Thief: 'Fast Legs'" upgrade.

"Short Sword of Backstabbing/The Shadow's Blade +3" upgraded to "Sword of the Murderer" loses 1 THAC0 over the base sword.

If working as intended, please forgive.  :)

#55 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:25 PM

Finally fixed the dialogue bug in BG:EE, download is here as usual.

Possible bugs:

Thalantyr only uses "Zhurlong's Missing Boots" and not the other "Boots of Stealth/Worn Whispers" found in EET installs for crafting "Boots of the Thief: 'Fast Legs'" upgrade.

"Short Sword of Backstabbing/The Shadow's Blade +3" upgraded to "Sword of the Murderer" loses 1 THAC0 over the base sword.

If working as intended, please forgive.  :)

I am looking at the item on NearInfinity right now and see no THAC0 difference from the vanilla one. Tested in-game, same results. Check for compatibility issues with other mods.

Re: boots: on my test BG:EE install the pair of boots being used by Thalantyr is boots02, not boots02zh which are Zhurlong's.

#56 Etamin

Etamin
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:41 AM

I still have this bug described by Lightbringer23, however i can't fix it. I just installed this mod (ver. 4.2.4) on modless BG:EE and for me this bug still appear. Here's my weidu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~THALAN/THALAN.TP2~ #6 #0 // Thalantyr - Item Upgrade: v4.2.4

Like Lightbringer23 said, dialogue option appears in the dialogue tree under "rumors", which disappear after first talk. Can't find THALAN.dlg file, only THANAL.d but there is no "RumorTalkThalan". "Global("RumorTalkThalan","GLOBAL",1" appears only in thalan.tp2 file, but changing it for 0 doesn't change anything.

#57 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:19 AM

I still have this bug described by Lightbringer23, however i can't fix it. I just installed this mod (ver. 4.2.4) on modless BG:EE and for me this bug still appear.

Did you install the mod after you started the game; aka started a game and saved and then exited the game to install the mod, and then loaded the old save game ?

#58 Etamin

Etamin
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:52 AM

I still have this bug described by Lightbringer23, however i can't fix it. I just installed this mod (ver. 4.2.4) on modless BG:EE and for me this bug still appear.

Did you install the mod after you started the game; aka started a game and saved and then exited the game to install the mod, and then loaded the old save game ?

No. I installed the game, installed the mod and the went to Thalantyr with new hero to check if mod works.

#59 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:43 PM

Do you happen to have the EE DLC ? Without the DLCextractoMerger installed...

Edited by The Imp, 30 October 2019 - 12:46 PM.

#60 Etamin

Etamin
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:52 PM

I have BG:EE from Beamdog site. By default i want to install this mod with EET and 40 other mods, but i check it on BG:EE.

Edited by Etamin, 30 October 2019 - 12:53 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Thalantyr, item upgrade, bgee, V4.0