BGT GUI Crash on Exit

BGT GUI crash on exit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Echoed Dreams

Echoed Dreams
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:41 AM

So I did a BWS install recently with BGT GUI, and the problem is whever I quit the game,  it crashes. My save and stuff is still fine, but it is really starting to be annoying... Any insights on how to remedy the problem?

EDIT: :doh: Whoops! Totally just realized this should probably be posted in the mega mod help forum thingy... Can I move it there somehow? Should I start a new topic?

Setup-GUI.debug

Spoiler

Weidu Log

Spoiler

Edited by Echoed Dreams, 21 February 2015 - 09:47 AM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:07 AM

The moving will be done by a forum staff...

I had this at somepoint too, not that I found a solution to it. But overall the game crashing at the end should be a problem, you just have to click one or two more times to end the program.

But why the GUI note ? It just tells that you ran the Setup-GUI.exe ones, and it listed the mods you had already installed, it did not change a thing or -as far as I suspect- even receive a command to do a thing... have you isolated the -~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #4 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding staff) -to be the cause of the problem ? Yes, it's possible that it's the problem, but I just want to be sure.

Edited by The Imp, 21 February 2015 - 10:21 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:35 AM

You can try your luck with the compatibility settings for the bgmain.exe (right-click on the file in Windows Explorer and select Properties). In my case it helped to set it to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" compatibility mode.

#4 Echoed Dreams

Echoed Dreams
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:16 PM

But why the GUI note ? It just tells that you ran the Setup-GUI.exe ones, and it listed the mods you had already installed, it did not change a thing or -as far as I suspect- even receive a command to do a thing... have you isolated the -~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #4 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding staff) -to be the cause of the problem ? Yes, it's possible that it's the problem, but I just want to be sure.

I suspect it to be the problem, but I am not completely sure... :ermm:

You can try your luck with the compatibility settings for the bgmain.exe (right-click on the file in Windows Explorer and select Properties). In my case it helped to set it to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" compatibility mode.

Thanks, i will try that and see if it works.

Edit: Well, it worked! Thanks for the tip!

Edited by Echoed Dreams, 28 February 2015 - 07:48 AM.