Any good non-bwp mods?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:04 PM

Hello. Just wondering if anyone knows of any good mods that are not included in the bwp for whatever reason?

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:26 AM

Well, there's a few. Now I assume you actually mean non BiG World Project related mods, and not the non BiG World Setup ones. As the BWS is larger than the single megamoded BG2 game project. There's a good reason why each of these is not included to the BWP.
There's the Classic Adventures total conversion mod, which actually can be installed with the help of BWS, but I actually think it doesn't need any of the other mods cause it's balanced by itself, for itself, I highly recommend the mod, even though it was left unfinished, the mod itself is quality work and it's quite long. It's from level 1 to between seven and ten, or so.

And then there's the other total conversion mods, that might be worth a run through:
Like the IWD-in-BG2(which brings the original Icewind Dale 1 to the BG2 engine, very similarly as the IWD:EE, as it was the start point for the IWD:EE game, it's not as much polished and there's unfixed bugs at the end of the game you might run into).
Epic Endeavors.
Dragon Lance: Glory of Istar.
And even though it's not officially a Total Conversion mod, the Improved Anvil mod for BG2 is said to be good, it has it's own documentation on install and the rules it comes with, and it's specifically made to not be further modified.
-PS, there has been enough rocus on the merits of a few of these, as well as the BWS, so LETs NOT GET INTO IT ! K, everyone ! Everyone of these are totally optional works, so don't just be a troll and bash one. You'll get banned for a week. -that's not an actual promise, but I hope it will enforced.

Edited by The Imp, 27 February 2015 - 12:35 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

That's kind of weird to hear the call for a calm behaviour from the very same person who didn't have the decency enough to never mention Improved Anvil in polite society.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:17 AM

Thanks but I was more thinking of mods that I could add manually to my next BWS megamod install :) Mods that people uses together with (but is not yet included) in the BWS.

#5 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:57 AM

There truly aren't that many of those, but considering there's already ~500 mods included, that shouldn't be really a surprise. The Level One NPCs mod is included, and you can pause the BWS install in the middle to make the NPC specific components manually installed, the Multiclass Multikit Builder Mod (latest version) will eventually be added.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.