Photo

How to edit store items?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:36 AM

Which file do I have to open to edit the items which a shopkeeper is selling?

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:50 AM

The store... so the .sto file. :devil:
Of course you won't edit the items in it, but the selection and the stores attributes, and you edit the .itm's to edit the item files themselves. But I assume you know that well enough.

Edited by The Imp, 05 March 2015 - 07:01 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:09 AM

Is there any way to see which .sto gets assigned to which NPC?

Can't find any reference to any .sto file in the CRE file of for example Keldath Ormlyr.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:10 AM

Well, if you play the game and visit the store, you can read it's name, then find that name in the .sto files in Near Infinity... Infinity Explorer should be able also show it. It's also likely that the NPC's .cre file and the .sto file has near name likeness, but sometimes you just have to take a shot in the dark, and see what sticks.

One way to go and find it is to open the creature file (with NI), click on the Dialogue it points to, and find the StartStore("xxxxxxxxx",xxxxxxxxxxxx) -action as that will give you the exact .sto name... in the unmodified non-EE BG1 game, the store for example is pointed to be "tem3402", and that's the tem3402.sto which name is "Song of the Morning".

Edited by The Imp, 05 March 2015 - 08:20 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:25 PM

Be aware that .STO files are stored within a save file, so, for example, if you've already visited a store in game, modifying it with DLTCEP won't change it if you visit it again from that save file, you'll have to start a new game (or a previous save from before encountering that store) to see the changes.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#6 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:22 AM

thanks!