Photo

BGT and the Enhanced Edition releases

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:03 PM

Out of curiosity: How would playing through IWDEE make sense with the Bhaalspawn & Company? Time travel? Altering the in-game dates?
IWD areas will be available on the northern part of the worldmap.  If you, as a player, decide for whatever reason to travel far north than you can do just that. No silly time travel explanations or far-fetched excuses to get there. The implementation is inspired by open world games. Treat it as yet another optional destination area on your worldmap that you can travel to and from anytime.

So is it just the areas themselves from Icewind Dale that are available (which would still be fine!), or does the actual plot, quests, and events of IWD play out, just with Bhaalspawn & Friends? And will this include all the IWDEE content (i.e. Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster)?

Sorry for the lingering confusion, just want to make sure I understand.

#62 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:15 PM

IWD1 - whole plot (including HoW and TotL)
IWD2 - only first part (whole first worldmap).

Edited by K4thos, 02 November 2015 - 08:17 PM.

#63 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:26 PM

IWD1 - whole plot (including HoW and TotL)
IWD2 - only first part (whole first worldmap).

Amazing. Absolutely amazing! I'm so excited!! :clap:

#64 Sai

Sai
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:15 AM

In front of the end-boss hut in the bandit camp, I was fighting 3 bandits, and suddenly the city sleep animation played.

#65 Sai

Sai
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:40 AM

The Sirene above the lighthouse just did a Wild Surge (?!). Also it's improved invisiblity wasn't interrupted, but she didn't become improved invisible or invisible at all. She did gain the 'alive' animation that you get in the Baldur's Gate 2 dreams when Irenicus wakes up statues.

They appear to be casting Dire Charm or IMproved invisibility. Instead a Wild Surge happens (always it seems) and they feel itchy.

I fear I accidentally used last two posts thinking I was writing to K4thos, they're bug reports but I cannot delete them, ah well. Sent to him by message, too.

Edited by Sai, 03 November 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#66 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:12 AM

Just to be clear - both problems mentioned by Sai here are unrelated to EET. I've reported the first one on BG2:EE bug forum as the same thing happens in vanilla BG:EE/BG2:EE games. And the second problem was due to CTRL+H code usage (turns every spell in game into wild surge) explained in this topic.

Edited by K4thos, 04 November 2015 - 10:13 AM.

#67 Sai

Sai
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:44 PM

http://www.shsforums...ide-stable-eet/

Made a miniature guide for EET which will land you with a workable BGT-like mini-installation.

#68 bob_veng

bob_veng
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:28 AM

What will Suldanessellar look like when you return to it in ToB chapters? Will it be repopulated?

I'd add a small peaceful quest there, just for flavor.

#69 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:43 AM

What will Suldanessellar look like when you return to it in ToB chapters? Will it be repopulated?

I'd add a small peaceful quest there, just for flavor.

The answer for BGT - I have done something similar in SandrahRtF mod - and no, unless your mod does something to restore it (like I have done), it will be just like you left it at the end of SoA (other than the dead bodies and strawn items have meanwhile expired). The area of the Ellesime final ceremony will not be accessible but it will be the area you had entered here before Tree of Life + Hell.

Edited by Roxanne, 16 November 2015 - 08:44 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#70 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:43 AM

Hello @K4thos!

Finally Siege of Dragonspear has been announced, and Beamdog says that BGEE and BGEE will be patched to 2.0 prior to its release.

I read on your EET project page that two features (unique journal and no restrictions in travelling between discovered areas) need 1.4 patch for BG2EE.

What I wanted to ask you is: is the 2.0 coming with what you need to implement those features? I'm asking also because if I remeber correctly, you're a beta tester.

Thanks!

#71 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:59 AM

Finally Siege of Dragonspear has been announced, and Beamdog says that BGEE and BGEE will be patched to 2.0 prior to its release.
I read on your EET project page that two features (unique journal and no restrictions in travelling between discovered areas) need 1.4 patch for BG2EE.

I'll say my part... on this, you might want to ask this on the "Official EET moding forums" here, but the 2.0 seems to be the earlier indicated 1.4 next patch.

There's actual psychological reason to call it v2.0 instead of v1.4... the v1.4 was the Icewind Dale edition that was never replicated back towards to BG's and, as the BG1EE also <think that on yourself should give insight>.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.