Photo

Need Help! Can't Level =(

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:44 AM

Okay, so to try and summarize: I'm trying to plan out a character. I have the "Remove XP Cap" and "Level 50 Rules" components from the BG2 Tweaks and Big Picture mods installed.

(By the way, I'm still working on my first playthrough of BG1, and have never played further than the starting dungeon in BG2.)

So I was trying to plan out a Kensai (who specs in Scimitars) who dual-classes into a Druid at Level 30. So my "maxed out character" would, to my understanding, be a Lvl 30 Kensai/Lvl 50 Druid. So I started a new game in BG2 and used the Console to level my character so I could "preview" the final build.

1) Leveled to 30 as a Kensai, got every HLA with 1 extra point to spend.

2) Dual-classed to Druid, Leveled to 23, got every HLA.

and here's where I run into trouble/confusion. I hit Level 24 Druid, and on the Abilities (HLA) screen I have one point that I must spend in order to hit "Done" and level. But all of the abilities are grayed out because I already have them. So I'm stuck there with 1 point that I apparently HAVE to spend but with no selectable option, hence I can't hit "Done" and level. The only way out is to hit Esc (and not level).

Any help or insight would be very much appreciated!

P.S. Just let me know if my Debug or Weidu log are needed.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:34 AM

Open up the druid HLA table with Near Infinity, presumably it's the "ludr0.2da", and edit the abilities you wish to take multiple times and set the 1 in the "NUM_ALLOWED" to be something else, 30 perhaps. The max should actually matter.
The elemental transformation spells, aka GA_SPPR73*1 and *2 actually should allow 22 takes in the original game, but many of the HLA changing mods do horrible job at allowing 50 character levels.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:01 AM

Worked! Thank you SO MUCH, Imp!! :hug:

#4 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:27 AM

[...]I hit Level 24 Druid, and on the Abilities (HLA) screen I have one point that I must spend in order to hit "Done" and level. But all of the abilities are grayed out because I already have them. So I'm stuck there with 1 point that I apparently HAVE to spend but with no selectable option, hence I can't hit "Done" and level. The only way out is to hit Esc (and not level).[...]

Hi,

It may happen when you level up too many level at once.

You can level one by one (or maybe 5 by 5 depending of the class).

Hope this helps.

#5 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:41 AM

It may happen when you level up too many level at once.
You can level one by one (or maybe 5 by 5 depending of the class).
Fortunately, like implicated, that was not the case here, but yes, that can happen too and the only real way to avoid that is to level up less than 10 levels at the time and also have more than 10 HLA abilities available to select multiple times(via the above method).

Edited by The Imp, 15 March 2015 - 01:42 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.