Photo

How to change travel times between areas?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:34 PM

Seems like a mod added a new area to Athkatla.

Thing is, it takes me 8 hours to travel there even if I am in Athkatla and this annoys me.

I want to change the travel time to 0 hours.

#2 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:30 AM

It's in the worldmap file

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:49 AM

It's in the worldmap file

Well duh, but where there ? And what else do you have to know ?

-yes, I'll give the proper answer later in this post.

Well, I'll tell you how you can fix this locally in your own game... and you'll have to start a new game for it to take effect. You can then from there to take it forward and do what ever you can with the info, this is based on this tutorial by Yovaneth some over there, you'll just have to take my word on that. You have to know the area you wish to edit, so travel there and push the x key while there, this will give the area info, it gives the areas name and some other info. So now you have the areas name *.

Now first of all, I use the newish Near Infinity snapshots, so I encourage you to do the same.

You open the WORLDMAP.WMP file, it's in the WMP folder in NI after you have configured the program correctly.

After you select the map in question, select the Edit tab and then double click on the Map 0 line.

You then select the area in question from here *. You double click that and go to the Edit view if you are not there already, at the bottom, you find links. Now those are where you have to fix this. Double click on each later will give this view:

9zmviv.jpg

Now you just have to set the "Distance Scale" variable to be zero instead of 2, yes, the game is set to use multiple's of 4, so 1 is 4 hours, 2 is 8 hours and so forth.

After you have set them to 0 on all the links, just save the edit and start a new game.

Edited by The Imp, 18 March 2015 - 01:54 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:42 AM

Got WORLDM25.WMP and WORLDMAP.WMP

any idea which of them I should edit? Other than that, thanks for the answer!

#5 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:54 AM

any idea which of them I should edit? Other than that, thanks for the answer!

If it's in WORLDMAP.WMP if it's in Athkatla. The ...25.WMP is the ToB portion of the game.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.