Two Problems - Chromatic Dragon and Reviene

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:26 AM

Out of frustration, I did use CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("TT0100") to start the mod.

I am stuck right now in the caves in area TT0100.  In area TT0305 to be exact.  Sorry I do not know the name of this area, but it is where Yoshimo and Kachiko go to clear Yoshimo of killing Kachiko's brother.

I have been through the caves, resurrected Kachiko and now I want to leave.  Killed everyone in the caves because they all had red circles and attacked me.  Went to talk to the Chromatic Dragon and he told me to leave.  Then he trapped one of my party so I could not leave and started a battle.  I cannot do any damage to the Chromatic Dragon with my weapons, my spells, or <CTRL>-Y.  At the portal were I think you leave (X=207, Y=1208; Area=TT0305), earlier in the game I was told I could not leave through the magic portal.  Now it says nothing, but it does not work.  I think I have the key for it.

I would appreciate and suggestions about ending this mod.  Or will I need to do another CLUA?

As to Reviane (I hope I spelled this correctly), she did not attack the party, but all things post Reviane did.  So Jaheira is finished with Galvarey and the Harpers.

The problem is that Jaheira keeps saying the comments about sleeping.

"Ah, the dawning of our day, though it is very rarely that we seem to match our sleep cycle to the day or night."

She says them over and over again.  Sometimes as frequently as twice a minute.  I would like to stop this as it is annoying, but does not interfere with the game.  Is there a global that needs to be fixed?  Or should I create her and kill her?

Thanks for any help,

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 21 March 2015 - 06:55 AM.

#2 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:36 AM

Well, it's not good idea to CLUAConsole to areas like that even after frustration (globals get screwed). :D

You need to have Nakanishi Wardstone (EXITWARD.ITM), you get it from Hitomi Nakanishi before raising Kachiko.

Also global "ThiefGroup" need to be 1. Then you can use area exit (TT0305, x 225 y 1245) to finish TS.

Oh, forget that Chromatic Dragon at TT0304 you can't do anything there. It's part of Sime romance.

That Jaheira problem happens because you CLUAConsole to TT0100. Use this:

SetGlobal("VP_OnIsland","GLOBAL",1)

Do you know that you end at Brynnlaw after you finish this TS. Don't know what other globals (if any?) gets screwed by CLUAConsole like this.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#3 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:46 AM

Hi micbaldur:

Thanks for the comments.  I have save the game each day so I can go back as far as I need to.  I do not want to go to Brynnlaw as other parts of the game will get messed up.  The Jaheira problem occurred well before I used CLUAConsole to go to TT0100 so I know the two are not related.  I guess I will just go back to the beginning of the Jaheira plot and start from there.

I do not have the Globals VP_OnIsland and ThiefGroup, so I added them and will see what happens.

When I was searching for a solution, I got the impression that Tortured Souls TS_BP v6.10 and Tortured Souls v7.04 were compatible.  Is this correct?

One thing I think that should be required of every mod is where it begins.  It does not need to be very specific.  Something like "talk to Mr. Smith in Umar Hills" or "The mod starts after you do this".  This would make it easier to plan the order of the playing the mods and make the mega-mod game much more enjoyable.  I am tired of trying not to mess up a mod by playing it in the wrong order.

This current game is a test for me to see what I really want in a mega-mod.  So far most has been pleasant.  I have played more mods than in the last ten mega-mod games.  The earlier versions crashed very in the SoA part.

Tom

#4 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:23 PM

Hi micbaldur:

Thanks for the comments.  I have save the game each day so I can go back as far as I need to.  I do not want to go to Brynnlaw as other parts of the game will get messed up.  The Jaheira problem occurred well before I used CLUAConsole to go to TT0100 so I know the two are not related.  I guess I will just go back to the beginning of the Jaheira plot and start from there.

I do not have the Globals VP_OnIsland and ThiefGroup, so I added them and will see what happens.

Well i'm not sure what's wrong with Jaheira in your game but that global "VP_OnIsland" stops Jaheira romance during TS. You shouldn't have talks during TS like you shouldn't have at Brynnlaw and Underdark.

That "Ah, the dawning of our day..." happens just before Dermin appears so you should be at outdoor area (like de'Arnise Hold) not city. Maybe Dermin encounter went wrong. Don't know for sure though.

When I was searching for a solution, I got the impression that Tortured Souls TS_BP v6.10 and Tortured Souls v7.04 were compatible.  Is this correct?

Yes both TS_BP v6.10 and Tortured Souls v7.04 are compatible. I think that you should use v7.04 but it's up to you.

One thing I think that should be required of every mod is where it begins.  It does not need to be very specific.  Something like "talk to Mr. Smith in Umar Hills" or "The mod starts after you do this".  This would make it easier to plan the order of the playing the mods and make the mega-mod game much more enjoyable.  I am tired of trying not to mess up a mod by playing it in the wrong order.

This current game is a test for me to see what I really want in a mega-mod.  So far most has been pleasant.  I have played more mods than in the last ten mega-mod games.  The earlier versions crashed very in the SoA part.

Tom

Well that would be nice thing to have.

But in time when play BWP expert-install few times over like me past 7 years, you know when to start various mods. :lol:

Also my personal BWP walkthrough helps a lot. :P

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#5 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

Just to let people know, I replayed the game.  I have a saved game from BG1 where you get sent to Ahm after killing Sarevok.  I played SoA four times now and each plays differently.  But the current game plays correctly.  There are no issues with Jaheira as it plays like the original Shadows of Amn.

I cannot explain why each time I play the SoA from this saved BG1 game, the game is different.  The only difference is that I do a disk cleanup and defrag more frequently.

Tom