BWP v15

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#41 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:38 AM

http://www.shsforums...indows-version/'

Wizard Slayer Rebalancing is listed as 1.07 in BWP v15  but is downloadable as 1.12

#42 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:06 AM

http://www.shsforums...d-mode-for-bg2/

Bard Song Switching is now up to v2.2 instead of v1.5 as the BWP v15 says

#43 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:01 AM

http://www.shsforums...p-bgt-worldmap/

BWS v15 says BP-BGT Worldmap is v10.0.2

Downloadable version is v10.1

#44 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:08 AM

http://gibberlings3....ds&showfile=896

Widescreen mod is now v3.07 instead of v3.06

#45 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:00 PM

Thank you for the links. I would not have noticed the new versions.

#46 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:30 AM

Leonardo, as I'm downloading these files I realize how time consuming it is to find all of these. Would it be possible for future pdfs to have a direct download link to thr mods? I'd be happy to assist with this.

#47 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:09 AM

Leonardo, as I'm downloading these files I realize how time consuming it is to find all of these. Would it be possible for future pdfs to have a direct download link to thr mods? I'd be happy to assist with this.

And you wish to have another list that out of date instead of the existing and quite good one that's relatively well still maintained ... WHY exactly ?

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#48 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:17 AM

If you don't want to download manually, you could use the Bws.
Or you can use it to get its download-links and load yourself.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#49 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:51 AM

And you wish to have another list that out of date instead of the existing and quite good one that's relatively well still maintained ... WHY exactly ?

If you're reading the pdf you might as well be able to download it directly rather than searching multiple locations.

You can download through the BWS file? I will have to try this.

#50 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:51 AM

BWP claims that SCS/Stratagems component 8050 Improved Random Encounters is incompatible with Ding0 Quest Pack component 'Miscellaneous Enhancements'.

However I've never seen anyone report such is the case in either Quest Pack's or Stratagem's forums, with at least one credible person posting that there's no compatibility issues between the two over in SCS's forums. Also, the authors of both mods seem to have made sure the two mods don't conflict, according to the readme's.

Will this be addressed in the next version? It's been this way through several versions of BWP I believe.

#51 -Aigleborgne-

-Aigleborgne-

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

Hi,

I have tried BWP for the first time. I'm mainly using small and moderate mods (no big mods).

As I wanted to select every mods and components, I made my own individual.bat based on the one in BWP Installpack. It took me about 40 hours to read the whole pdf and prepare my install.

A few things went wrong:

- PDF and initial individual.bat don't always say the same thing about components that should be installed or not.

- I got a few errors and/or warning.

WARNING: cannot find block matching [Tsujatha/Scripts/DPLAYER2_ORIGINAL.BCS]

This one has been detected by Leonardo. He said to install Tsujatha before Edwin but in individual.bat, Edwin is still the first. I haven't tried to switch their order because it's only a warning (and I wasn't sure about this change, he may have changed his mind for some reason).

About Spell Revisions and 1pp Spell Tweaks:

http://gibberlings3....showtopic=24746

1pp spell tweaks is initially installed after SR and then install fails.

I am using SR 4beta and so I have disabled 3.1 patch but I still wonder if there is a point to install this component after SR.

I think SR makes enough changes to produce some risks with mods that change spells. As 1pp is only about visuals, it makes more sense to me to put it first as:

1. visuals are less important

2. spells changed by 1pp might have a different meaning in SR and thus, its effect could be misplaced

I have also tried to put a bit of BP along with stratagems but I got issues, big one. For example, Firebead in Candlekeep cast a magic missile on me for no reason :)

I haven't parsed its scripts but for creatures I looked at: one BP script, one SCS script. Conclusion: BP shouldn't be installed along with SCS.

Okay, PDF has a word on this in the very end but I wasn't sure of consequences. In fact, I wanted to fill the gaps of missing features in SCS.

SCS readme says it is partially compatible with tactics and since BP is sort of an improved tactics, I gave it a try.

Last, I am wondering about stratagems install order.

Stratagems readme says to install it almost last but before aTweaks and certainly after most tweaks.

In this case, BG2Tweaks, the Bigg tweaks, and polytweaks are installed after. I haven't really played this install yet (as it is not finished anyway) but I wonder if it might lead to some problems.

#52 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:43 PM

This one has been detected by Leonardo. He said to install Tsujatha before Edwin but in individual.bat, Edwin is still the first. I haven't tried to switch their order because it's only a warning (and I wasn't sure about this change, he may have changed his mind for some reason).

PDF says Tsujatha after Edwin and I don't get this warning.

1pp spell tweaks is initially installed after SR and then install fails.

I can't reproduce this. 1pp spell tweaks installes without any error or warning

Last, I am wondering about stratagems install order.

from the stratagems readme:
Ideally, SCS prefers to be installed last, but several other recent mods (aTweaks, BiggTweaks, BG2 Tweakpack) also say "install last" in their readmes. You can generally install any of these listed mods after SCS fairly safely. (In particular, aTweaks is designed with SCS specifically in mind, and should definitely be installed after SCS). Other mods, and in particular any mods that add new items, really need to be installed before SCS.

#53 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:04 PM

Ideally, SCS prefers to be installed last, but several other recent mods (aTweaks, BiggTweaks, BG2 Tweakpack) also say "install last" in their readmes. You can generally install any of these listed mods after SCS fairly safely. (In particular, aTweaks is designed with SCS specifically in mind, and should definitely be installed after SCS). Other mods, and in particular any mods that add new items, really need to be installed before SCS.

You should notice that the .2da changes the BG2Tweakpack makes to the player rules* also effect the SCS creatures as they are implemented to them as well, so those components of the BG2Tweakpack should be installed before the SCS... quote provided by kreso at G3.

"Rule changes" that go before SCS:

• Alter Weapon Proficiency System
  • Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent
  • Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table
  • Alter Mage Spell Progression Table
  • Alter Bard Spell Progression Table
  • Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table
  • Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables
  • Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters
  • Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e)
Every other BG2 Tweaks component can be installed in any order; it doesn't matter.

Edited by The Imp, 22 May 2015 - 11:05 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#54 majikwheel

majikwheel
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:47 PM

Hey all....am I blind and stupid ? I can not for the life of me find the download link for the  bwp v15...might solve my issues

#55 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:24 AM

Hey all....am I blind and stupid ? I can not for the life of me find the download link for the  bwp v15...might solve my issues

Might be both, not that I am not both of them too, but LW's signature leads to here, and the SHS has the documentation and the other install files too here.

#56 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:26 AM

@ALIEN

BWP v15.1 is ready to release and I won’t do any changes to this release.
What is the problem? I am using Windows 7 and start the Install.bat via right-click. The whole installation runs without any problems.

#57 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:30 AM

Gavin v9 is out officially. Please remove the Gavin German translation from the Textpack.

#58 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:51 PM

BWPv15.1 is released.

This time the new release is only a part of what I have planned because due to an electricity failure I lost lots of my work.
I have done some changes in the install order as I was advised in this thread.
Now since Quiet has compiled a new converter finally 1pp HQ Music for BGT is included.

I have added a few new features to the Installpack:

1.    Now you can choose between rated quest and npc mods. The ratings base on the reviews on the German Kerzenburg forum. I don't like to use good or bad marks as in school. Thus the ratings are:
top-rated mods    (excellent good mods)
high-rated mods    (mods that to play is definitely recommended)
middle-rated mods    (mods one can play, but not necessarily)
low-rated mods    (mods that you do not want to play a second time)
not rated mods
I want to suggest someone could create a database where the players could rate all mod as a guidance for other players.

2.    Now you can get a preview of the mods that would be installed with your current settings.

3.    At the end of the installation the whole dialog file can be corrected with a new added tool. There are a lot of misspellings and inconsistence in the dialog files in a megamod. For example there are different spellings for Faerûn: it is also wrongly named Faerun, Farûn or Faêrun. The tool compares a catalogue with the right and the wrong names and corrects them automatically. Currently the catalogue is very incomplete and is more an example of what can be done. Although it is only in German yet, it could also be used for any other language. If you want to use it also for your language, simply send me your own catalogue and I will add it. See the readme inside the Installpack.

The Installpack works flawlessly, however, I don't have time to test the result for the next few weeks. So it is on you whether you want to wait or to test it by yourself.

#59 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:53 AM

I alos thank for your hard work.

I tested BWP 15.1 individual bat-file and it worked fine.

Couple notes though:

Kivan NPC has been updated to v15 and component numbers have changed.

There's typo in tra.txt:

Area_Patchert=En-0,Ge-0,Sp-0,Ru-0,Fr-0,It-0,Po-0,Cz-0,Ch-0,Ko-0,Ja-0

It probably should be:

Area_Patcher=En-0,Ge-0,Sp-0,Ru-0,Fr-0,It-0,Po-0,Cz-0,Ch-0,Ko-0,Ja-0

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#60 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:38 AM

Is there an updated linkliste available somewhere? This is outdated now I think.

I'm trying to set up my environment again and I need to get up to speed :P (SHS, G3 and PPG were easy enough to update but the other sites and new mods - especially the non-english ones are giving me some trouble to track down :() My last environment was based on BWP 13.0.x or something.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod