BWP with ENhanced Editions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 -NeroRay-

-NeroRay-

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:18 AM

I would really like to know if the Big World Projekt is somewhat compatible with both Enhanced Editions of Baldurs gate ? If yes is there a difference in installing it compared to the "normal" version ? If no, are there any future plans to make it compatible ?

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:32 AM

No, no and no.
The BiG World Project(BWP) is purely for non-Enhanced Editions BG2. Now of course you should realize that the BWS tool(or the BiG World Setup.vbs) is even larger project as it tries to do all the install automization to the BiG World Project and so it contains a version of the BWP. Now the BiG World Setup.vbs actually has a selections for both BG1EE and BG2EE games too, and they try their hardest, but it's no where close to the amount of mods the non-Enhanced Editions game list it has. This is partially because the Enhanced Edition game doesn't need mods like Gibberlings3 BG2Fixpack, nor Widescreen mod, partially because it has a portion of the ToB Extender in it, and because the BGT/Tutu mods need an update to make them compatible with the new version of the conversion. And all the old kit mods need to be recoded to extend the new tables so they can be selected.
Yes, there's even a Enhanced Edition Trilogy mod in a beta state, it's waiting for a few updates, and so forth.

Edited by The Imp, 24 March 2015 - 05:43 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:16 AM

This might be a stupid question. But is there some kind of instruction for the BWS tool ? I cant figure out how to get it running (yes I am somwhat stupid)

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:47 AM

So essentially you just have to run the BiG World Setup.vbs file after extracting it to a folder of your choice, it's a Windows own executable script file(just like a .bat file), so it will run on it's own without any need to run it with a program.

Edited by The Imp, 24 March 2015 - 06:47 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:48 AM

Yes, there's even a Enhanced Edition Trilogy mod in a beta state, it's waiting for a few updates, and so forth.

Hi,

BTW, is in in "beta state" like "try it and tell me what go wrong" ? or like "don't touch at it or it will break your whole computer and kill kittens" ?

#6 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:56 AM

BTW, is in in "beta state" like "try it and tell me what go wrong" ? or like "don't touch at it or it will break your whole computer and kill kittens" ?

http://www.shsforums...es/#entry575823

Other than this I didn't notice problems myself during tests, although I wasn't doing all the quests, but focusing on added features and general stability. Currently on my second, more in depth play through, with all mods listed in EET/tbl/compatibility.tbl file (they can be installed on BG:EE previous to installing EET on BG2:EE) and also didn't encountered anything wrong that EET would be responsible for - I'm currently in BG:EE chapter 5. There may be some minor regressions between daily builds as I’m adding minor stuff all the time (for example yesterday I've implemented this system, and recently tweaked transition code, so it need to be tested in game). Open beta tests haven't been announced yet due to that problem with water and the missing documentation - I hate writing readme files in English :crying: (although take a look at EET_Tweaks - that one has finished readme).

Edited by K4thos, 24 March 2015 - 11:27 AM.

#7 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

I think it's more like "the water looks bad" and guys are trying to find a way to make it look normal again.
At least that was the main issue if I remind that correctly.

A guy told me that he was able to play it for testing purposes.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#8 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:31 AM

http://www.shsforums...es/#entry575823

Other than this I didn't noticed problems myself during tests, although I wasn't doing all the quests. Currently on my second play through with all mods listed in EET/tbl/compatibility.tbl file (they can be installed on BG:EE previous to installing EET on BG2:EE) and also didn't encountered anything wrong that EET would be responsible for - I'm currently in BG:EE chapter 5. There may be some minor regressions between daily builds as I’m adding minor stuff all the time (for example yesterday I've implemented this system, and recently tweaked transition code, so it need to be tested in game). Open beta tests haven't been announced yet due to that problem with water and the missing documentation - I hate writing readme files in English :crying: (although take a look at EET_Tweaks - that one has finished readme).

Great ! I will try it in my next run :) Thank you for your great job !

I am currently playing in NO RELOAD mode or with crappy team (such as no spellcaster*...), so, I am not interesting in adding thousand mods.

I think it's more like "the water looks bad" and guys are trying to find a way to make it look normal again.
At least that was the main issue if I remind that correctly.

A guy told me that he was able to play it for testing purposes.

The water problem is not that important to me. I will give it a try in few weeks.

Thank you

*BTW, if someone know how to kill Karoug in Vanilla BG1EE without spellcaster to identify the weapons ? I'd like to hear about that ;)

#9 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

*BTW, if someone know how to kill Karoug in Vanilla BG1EE without spellcaster to identify the weapons ? I'd like to hear about that ;)

Well you could cheat a bit at the lore.2da file and well be a cheater.

Or just go to a temple and pay ~100 gold per item identify...

#10 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:59 AM

Well you could cheat a bit at the lore.2da file and well be a cheater.

Or just go to a temple and pay ~100 gold per item identify...

There is no temple on the Island where Karoug is :) I have cheated to by pass it (Ctrl Y) but I kept a save in case I find a solution... I was so disappointed... I have almost finished the whole BG1EE with this funny team...