Photo

Brand New Installation

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#41 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:05 AM

Well I guess I dont have the G3 fixpack it mention... and what about the items I cannot wear for unknown reason?

That doesn't make sense cause you obviously do have this, which is what it requires:

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v10 BWP Fix

There can be a lost of reasons why you can't use "an item", so you have to give a bit clearer definition of it, like what class your char is, what's it's attributes, and what item it is, and preferably a --change-log from that itm file. Note that the weidu.exe in the attached archive in that post is very old one and will give you parse error if used, so do not extract it to the game folder if there is one already present(like there is in every megamod install). And if you still do, then just copy paste one of the other setup-*modname*.exe's, and rename it as weidu.exe ... and then run the edited .bat file.

Edited by The Imp, 21 April 2015 - 03:06 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#42 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:38 AM

I have changelog, i did from Mage Dagger +4 ..

Spoiler
Character which wanna use the dagger is mage, stats are high enough, books were nice :D

#43 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:16 AM

Erhm, could you make the change-log folder into an .zip archive and attach it somewhere and give a link to it. You should be able to attach it to the forum too, but in case you can't, you can upload it to say Mediafire, or where ever you like.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#44 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:53 AM

Here is is :)

// and what about the Jaheira's Fire elemental spell summon mentioned yesterday?

//well I saw something weird. Mine chars which are using bow, deals no dmg.. like projectile wasnt even shooted, to hit number says hit, but no projectile. Dunno if this was before, but Ltest failed to install due to missing G3 fixpack.. so it took back the changes.

// okay, just discovered spellcasting is messed up too....

Attached Files

Edited by konva, 21 April 2015 - 09:10 AM.

#45 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:12 AM

Here is is :)

Yeah, just partially though. It's not like the 16 variants would have taken that much more space... not that it matters in this case, but the files were placed there for attaching them all into the archive ... :devil:
Did you dual the character ? While not yet having to have reclaimed the mage class to be active yet... as you have to be a level above the "dualed to" class to activate the "dualed from" class. The dagger is not usable by a pure Fighters, Clerics, Thieves and Bards, and a lot of mixes. But it is usable by Mage, Fighter/Mage, Cleric/Mage, Mage/Thief. Also a Cleric kit and a Druid kit can disallow it's use, so having a custom kit(based on them) can also disallow it's usage.

Dunno if this was before, but Ltest failed to install due to missing G3 fixpack.. so it took back the changes.

That's actually unlikely... open up the setup-LStest.debug -file with Notepad and copy paste the test to a post, or post the file as a .zip archive. The reason being that it doesn't actually require the mod, it's just an option to choose to install a component named as "With the G3'BGII Fixpack, this will do all the scripts." now, it can fail to install for other reasons. But the debug file should tell me why it fails when it does.

I can't think of the reason why the bow wouldn't do damage... maybe someone else can.

Edited by The Imp, 21 April 2015 - 09:19 AM.

#46 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:22 AM

Im pure mage single class, im power hungry you know :D

Here is part of debug info:

Spoiler
It doesnt allow me to post whole log... dunno why... nvm
Can you please look at spellcasting issue mentioned above? I played game after failed installation, arrows doesnt be shooted like.... spellcasting "acts" only, but without any effect..

#47 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:29 AM

Well the problem is this:

ERROR: Out of memory

Not because you don't have the Fixpack. This probably means that you have a few damaged files in your override folder, or there are .baf files that need not to be there(you can delete them, they have no effect in the game). Or something else I can't know yet.

The reason why you can't post the whole debug is likely just that it's too long.

#48 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:10 AM

ahh so what i have to do?

#49 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:30 AM

Well, I would recommend that you attach the .debug file as an .zip archive here in the forum, and/or if you don't have enough attachment space left in the forum you just use a free upload site like the Mediafire for example... yes, the accounts are free in there, it just needs an email account to log into, and you should be aware of course that the site might send you a lot of ad spam emails to "pay for the maintenance of the site". So you can of course use an email account you made to full the ad spam bots, which you don't actually read except to get the free accounts to places. :devil: :ROFL: :tease: :doh:

Or you could use the http://pastebin.com/

Edited by The Imp, 21 April 2015 - 11:42 AM.

#50 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:33 PM

https://www.dropbox....TEST.DEBUG?dl=0

ok here is my dropbox link for complete debug.

#51 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

Hmm, how much space do you have left on that drive ? Cause the error report say this:

Copied [GORION.BCS] to [override/GORION.BCS]
Copied [GORJELFU.BCS] to [override/GORJELFU.BCS]
ERROR: [GORLIC01.BCS] -> [override/GORLIC01.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Test general causes of slowdown from the game scripts, v2. -> With the G3'BGII Fixpack, this will do all the scripts.], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [LStest/backup/1/OTHER.1]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "LStest/backup/1/OTHER.1")
[LStest/backup/1/UNSETSTR.1] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

I am totally unsure about this.

#52 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:16 PM

well, 269 GB left :D just question I have on mind... whats the latest weidu version? 

#53 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:41 AM

. whats the latest weidu version? 

Directly today from the source, v238(00).

#54 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:57 AM

ok, where could the problem be? Missing some sort of fixpack?

#55 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:39 AM

So i guess I have to reinstall?

#56 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

So?

#57 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:56 PM

I can't say to ever having to run into that error:

ERROR: [GORLIC01.BCS] -> [override/GORLIC01.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)

With any .bcs file. Can you check the file size with exporting the file with Near Infinity from the game to a folder ? The reason being that the weidu.exe can't edit files which size ends up exceeding the 16MB limit, but that's quite unlikely. 

And it's definitely not a fixpack that is needed. Not that it would actually help here, as it's likely to not have anything to do with scripts bu the .itm files.

#58 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:38 PM

So i guess I have to reinstall?

Y.

#59 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:53 PM

@kreso: Is that a "why" or "Y"es ? :devil:

#60 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:08 PM

well I find that issue with projectiles + casting is only at Dragon's Eye level 1, rest works wery fine :D but I experience issues with Fire Elemental. Who summons fire elemental... doesnt matter. In the end, it causes an error. Im sure I mentioned it above somewhere, but not in every time. the High Summoner summons elementals... If I try to reproduce error, he can summon up to 5 elementals with no problems, but next time he can summon only one who crashes game. Any ideas what it could be? Screen of the error messages is here: 

http://www.shsforums...ation/?p=577026

What about the items which I should use but cant?

Edited by konva, 24 April 2015 - 11:12 PM.