Photo

what are the plot holes and story missteps that irk you in the BG saga

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:53 PM

I'm not talking necessarily about missed opportunities, or giving too few options, but things like Charname's different birth story from BG to BG2.  To me, besides that one, I thought the various druid events in BG were really clumsy, with nowhere near enough information given compared to the possible slaughters.

Which things would you like to get the original writers back together to do some rewrites or expansions?

#2 Thimblerig

Thimblerig
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:43 AM

Skie from BG1.  Partly it's just that her implementation is a little bugged - there are references to her missing brother and her father is murdered, but she hardly reacts at all.

And, her relationship with Eldoth is immutable - there's no development in the original game so she starts off being deceived by a slick-tongued conman, and she ends the game being deceived by a slick-tongued conman.

So that's Skie:

- late to recruit;

- either you find her portrayal of a stereotyped Rich Teenage Girl to be highly irritating; or

- you find her sympathetic, in which case the death of her family, and Eldoth in his entirety, is just so sad.

(I know they didn't do friendship tracks in original BG1.  This still bothers me.)

#3 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:49 PM

Thanks for your input.  I'm going to try posting this elsewhere.  If it does better, I'll post a link here.