New BG Travel System: stuck in Waukeen's Promenade

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:46 PM

The new travel system for Baldur's Gate is enjoying and invites you to dive into the sewers more frequently. Unfortunately it overwrites the search region files for some areas (just as stated in the mod's readme).

Escaping from Jon's playground right at the start of BG2 the group gets stuck in AR0700.are (promenade) due to the absence of any travel trigger in reach. In fact, the file AR0700SR.bmp resembles the central area of Baldur's Gate. Copying the original bmp file to the override folder of course removes this problem. But it took me quite a while to figure it out. (That's why I'm posting: "to whom it may concern".)

Surely the promenade is not the only affected area but knowing the trick it's easy enough to fix ingame.

#2 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:12 PM

The new travel system for Baldur's Gate is enjoying and invites you to dive into the sewers more frequently. Unfortunately it overwrites the search region files for some areas (just as stated in the mod's readme).

Escaping from Jon's playground right at the start of BG2 the group gets stuck in AR0700.are (promenade) due to the absence of any travel trigger in reach. In fact, the file AR0700SR.bmp resembles the central area of Baldur's Gate. Copying the original bmp file to the override folder of course removes this problem. But it took me quite a while to figure it out. (That's why I'm posting: "to whom it may concern".)

Surely the promenade is not the only affected area but knowing the trick it's easy enough to fix ingame.

Where's the mod for this?  It sounds like the mod needs some more fixes before it's really ready to be used.

#3 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:02 AM

You can get it from a polish site.

Moreover You have to edit the tp2-file before installing due to this post.

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:48 AM

Following up on this :cheers:

White Agnus' TP2 change is not necessary with WeiDU v23800

As for the fail with the search maps, have a look at this post - the fix has been included in the BWPFixpack :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#5 Evani

Evani
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:20 AM

Weird.The fix worked for Dock's but not Waukeen's. I'm getting:

An assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line # 7641. Programmer says: d:\programs\bgtf\cd2\data.area0700.bif: attempted to use compressed BIF from CD, check free hard drive space.

I'm suspecting that it's because my ar0700.bmp is biffed to a different location, tb#gen33.bif. Other areas seem to be linked ok though. How do I link the override to the bif?