[closed]

• Please log in to reply
1187 replies to this topic

#1121 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:39 AM

Wow, so the upcoming BWS will be able to adjust EET and all mods compatible with it for the best EET installation?

That sure sounds handy!

I already installed the mod merger for my GOG version of BG1EE so I was just making my last preparations for installing Sandrah but maybe I should wait for tomorrow after all. Hmmm...

Another thing, TDDz is said to require resources from the original version. How should I handle that? Will BWS be able to "fix" that too?

For TDDz you just extract the original TDD into your game folder but NOT run setup. Then you extract TDDz as well and you start the actual install with the setup-TDDz.exe. Everything else is displayed on the screen afterwards.

I am not involved in BWS but knowing those guys a bit I am confident that they handle this correctly.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#1122 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:00 PM

So was the BWS version with the EET released somewhere? Because I kinda cannot find it...

#1123 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:18 PM

It's... like in Roxanne signature o.o

#1124 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:43 PM

So was the BWS version with the EET released somewhere? Because I kinda cannot find it...

It's... like in Roxanne signature o.o

The BWS to support EET was announced for this weekend, but agb1 is still working on some unexpected obstacles,

See http://gibberlings3....=33#entry248798

Still, it should be available pretty soon according to his progress reports.

The Sandrah Saga

#1125 -Samriel-

-Samriel-

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:40 AM

A question: Does anybody know if the Imoen Romance mod already got EET compatibility and if it can be used with Sandrah?

#1126 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:55 AM

Ah, and it is possible to use Sword Coast Stratagems and Ascension? I kinda recall how only one of these had to be installed but I could be wrong...

#1127 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:20 AM

A question: Does anybody know if the Imoen Romance mod already got EET compatibility and if it can be used with Sandrah?

Here is the current list of EET compatible mods (updated some hours ago) http://gibberlings3....topic=27741&hl=

Imoen romance is not yet there, although I remember having seen someone is working on it.

The Sandrah Saga

#1128 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:27 AM

Ah, and it is possible to use Sword Coast Stratagems and Ascension? I kinda recall how only one of these had to be installed but I could be wrong...

Are you talking EET?

Both are available in EET - when you ask about Sandrah in EET, the mod works with (and needs) Ascension from the list in the previous post.

SCS is on the list but I have not tested it at all and I have no idea what it does to EET (technical adaptation to EET does not mean each and every component still makes sense from a mod designed for another game to tweak stuff in a new game...).

The Sandrah Saga

#1129 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:40 AM

Hmmm, I just checked through the Imoen Romance forum and noticed that vanatos claims to have made a EET compatible version of Imoen Romance.

In that case I wonder if I could install said potentially working version AFTER installing Sandrah and all EET compatible mods that are obligatory for her via BWS.

Or would installing another mod after the BWS install mess stuff?

Edited by Samriel, 07 January 2017 - 03:40 AM.

#1130 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:12 AM

Hmmm, I just checked through the Imoen Romance forum and noticed that vanatos claims to have made a EET compatible version of Imoen Romance.

In that case I wonder if I could install said potentially working version AFTER installing Sandrah and all EET compatible mods that are obligatory for her via BWS.

Or would installing another mod after the BWS install mess stuff?

This is what I would do:

Check BWS first to see if it already supports Imoen Romance. (EET was a bit dormant for the last weeks due to the main contributor's abscence, so BWS may have it already)

If you want to have any crossmod with Sandrah, you need to install Imoen prior in the sequence.

In any case you need to install it before EET_end. otherwise you will have messed up dialogue files.

The Sandrah Saga

#1131 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:26 AM

This is what I would do:

Check BWS first to see if it already supports Imoen Romance. (EET was a bit dormant for the last weeks due to the main contributor's abscence, so BWS may have it already)

If you want to have any crossmod with Sandrah, you need to install Imoen prior in the sequence.

In any case you need to install it before EET_end. otherwise you will have messed up dialogue files.

I'm actually finally installing everything(making final preparations by choosing what to install) via BWS and I see Imoen's Romance as one of the options.

Though unlike some mods which are stated there to have EET support(like "Dark Side of the Sword Coast for BGT and EET") Imoen's Romance is "only" there.

So I was just making sure if it is safe to chose that option via BWS.

Since Imoen plays a big role as Sandrah's besto friendo so I was a bit eager to expand her role as possible...while trying to avoid conflicts or causing errors.

Given how BWS was still improving along with EET I chose to wait a bit longer before making that huge install but I guess things look rather fine at this point to at least give it a try.

Edited by Samriel, 07 January 2017 - 04:30 AM.

#1132 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:04 AM

Whooops...when I try installing via BWS I get that I need Lure of Sirine's Call to install Sandrah.

But then I get the window that installing Lure of Sirine's Call may cause crashes.

Hmmm....what to do.

#1133 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:28 AM

Whooops...when I try installing via BWS I get that I need Lure of Sirine's Call to install Sandrah.

But then I get the window that installing Lure of Sirine's Call may cause crashes.

Hmmm....what to do.

Install only the Lure mod main component, not the optional map component which has a bug.

Edited by Roxanne, 07 January 2017 - 06:28 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1134 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:44 AM

Hmmm....what to do.

Install only the Lure mod main component, not the optional map component which has a bug.

Got it. :)

Thank you!

#1135 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:31 AM

Hooo boy it looks like BWS does not recognize my Sandrah files and says they do not have the expected size.

.....................................................................................................................................

So...errr...which version of Sandrah EET(or rather from which day/month) should I download?

Same problem with the The Tower of Deception(which I downloaded via the link in the EET page for mods that work for it).

Edited by Samriel, 07 January 2017 - 07:37 AM.

#1136 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:54 AM

Hooo boy it looks like BWS does not recognize my Sandrah files and says they do not have the expected size.

.....................................................................................................................................

So...errr...which version of Sandrah EET(or rather from which day/month) should I download?

Same problem with the The Tower of Deception(which I downloaded via the link in the EET page for mods that work for it).

Such BWS questions are answered here http://www.shsforums...rogram/page-182

I have not yet used BWS with EET myself, so I cannot help you with it.

(There should be some dialogue or button to overcome this useless size check, I saw some discussion on it).

Latest Sandrah is here http://www.shsforums...h-saga-for-eet/ or in EET page links (it all leads to same Github database).

Edited by Roxanne, 07 January 2017 - 07:57 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1137 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:04 AM

(There should be some dialogue or button to overcome this useless size check, I saw some discussion on it).

Latest Sandrah is here http://www.shsforums...h-saga-for-eet/ or in EET page links (it all leads to same Github database).

Wasn't there a way for BWS to download a missing module as long as it was still available?

Worst case scenario: Should I install Sandrah first manually and later install the other mods via BWS?

And should I install Sandrah in the BG SoD folder or BG2 EE folder? I kinda recall it had to be the BG2 EE folder but I just want to make sure...

Edited by Samriel, 07 January 2017 - 08:09 AM.

#1138 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:08 AM

Wasn't there a way for BWS to download a missing module as long as it was still available?

Worst case scenario: Should I install Sandrah first manually and later install the other mods via BWS?

I suppose you ask all the BWS questions in the BWS thread I referenced above. I do not know about current BWS, last used it like 2 years ago for BGT...

The Sandrah Saga

#1139 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:14 AM

I suppose you ask all the BWS questions in the BWS thread I referenced above. I do not know about current BWS, last used it like 2 years ago for BGT...

Then assuming I try to be "badass" and go with the manual install after all should I install Sandrah first or last if I go with only the required mods for her?

#1140 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:51 AM

Samriel, see my response to your question on the BWS thread.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip