• Please log in to reply
1187 replies to this topic

#21 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:57 AM

Great!

Roxanne, thank you for new mod!

I just tried it on my install and "Mods Compatibility" breaks multiple times, cause I don't have some NPC mods installed (I don't use most of them).

Is it possible that you incorporate check in your mod, so content linked to missing mods should be skipped?

Thank you!

P.S. this could be great addition to BGT. Thanks Roxanne again!

#22 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:34 PM

Actully my CVSandrJ.d have 11256 lines and i am pretty sure that it is wrong line for my file - could you paste exact line(not number but text) where i should add that?

Thank you for the mod and your support

Edited by dragonian, 08 April 2015 - 01:09 PM.

#23 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:06 PM

This should be added in CVSandrJ.d for the ACBreb issue:

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS IF_FILE_EXISTS ACQX0004 7 DrglInfiltr
== CVSandrJ IF ~ InParty("CVSandr") InParty("ACBre")~THEN ~ (Psst) Breagar, pretend to be interested, even if it untrue, it will serve the right purpose.~
==IF_FILE_EXISTS ACBreB IF~ InParty("CVSandr") InParty("ACBre") ~ THEN ~ These clanless bastards do not deserve the name Dwarf. We will smash these snakes.~

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#24 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:45 PM

Thank you very much I will try further installation when i get home from work :)
BTW are the items kreso are meant to be in her inventory at the beginning? Because it is a bit overpowered ;)

#25 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:35 PM

BTW are the items kreso are meant to be in her inventory at the beginning? Because it is a bit overpowered ;)

Yes. And she's basically unkillable. T-down for now. :(

#26 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:47 PM

Yeah i meant maybe she is supposed to gain those items later in game and due to some bug she got them at beginning or something.

#27 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:23 AM

I have just tested her again this morning and she was killed by a hobgoblin on our way to the friendly inn. Her items are powerful in order to compensate for having to start the game from the very beginning again but I built in some penalties as well to equal that out. The full use of her equipment will only be available later in SoA provided you solved some of her higher level quests with her.

The Sandrah Saga

#28 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:29 AM

Regarding worldmap issues

Sandrah adds just one new area to the map for the "normal" part of the game (to access her hometown Waterdeep)

The other maps will not be visible until you finished ToB and continue with her to RfF which uses the worldm25.wmp.

So far I have not found any Problems ever with this Approach.

The Sandrah Saga

#29 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:33 AM

I don`t think that it is best way to compensate.
I was going to just start the game anyway and i don`t really want to have a character that have items nearly as powerful as ones of the best items in BG2 at the start of BG1 - this is really not the point :(

#30 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:46 AM

Then do not use those items? No one is forcing you :)

#31 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:49 AM

The question is if those items are needed for her quests :)

#32 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:02 AM

Yeah.. that might be troublesome...

#33 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:50 AM

Then do not use those items? No one is forcing you :)
I believe this is not enjoyable approach for at least some of us.
For example, when I start playing, I prefer to use all opportunities the game offers me. To this end, I take special care to not to install Munchmod or other overpowered item mods and use Nerfpacks for NTotSC, TDD and so on before I start the new game, instead of, you know, simply not using what I have ingame, because that would be 4th wall breaking and immersion killing.
Her items are powerful in order to compensate for having to start the game from the very beginning
Having to start from the beginning is not some burden or chore, it's normal course of action for most players, even cherry on top for some of them. There is nothing to compensate whatsoever.

Edited by Creepin, 09 April 2015 - 02:52 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#34 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:16 AM

I pretty much second everything Creepin said. Her powerful items are better then Gaxx, Amulet of Power and the like. Sorry, but even if she got that in ToB it's way too much. There's really no need for that kind of stuff in BG1. I don't really understand how Hobgoblins could kill her - she starts with -4 or so AC, 24 or so HP, and regenerates 1HP/sec. Unless you're terribly unlucky and they score 2-3 high damage criticals, she ain't dying to Hobgoblins.

Don't take this the wrong way - I really like the idea behind this mod. Just, don't fall in the "I'll make my NPC better by granting imba items/abilities". Pretty much every "big" BG1 mod does so already. 

Likewise, the innates are kind of nuts as well.....Heal, something like Cloudkill and similar....it's BG1. Cure light wounds/cure Posion and the like are just fine. :rolleyes:

#35 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:26 AM

I Second Creepin/kreso :)

#36 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:15 AM

2 more questions @ Roxanne:

How much of the mod's content is available to the player if he didn't take Sandrah along? Is there any reason to install this mod when I decide to play with all 6 of my custom characters, like, will I still be able to visit Waterdeep?

Is there any walkthrough for mod's new content around, or at least list of new quests starting points? With Big World installed it's so easy to miss a person you need to start a quest among hundreds of NPCs unless you know for sure whom to go to.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#37 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:22 AM

For Creepin's questions

1. There is no reason to install the mod without wanting to take her along. That is why I gave it an NPC name rather than creating a multi-quest mod. All the quests you would find at Waterdeep are related to her in some way, without her it would just be some uninteresting city.

2. There are a few hints in the readme about what not to miss in BG1. The rest really depends on your decisions of how you move through the game (and that is another reason why you Need this NPC with you to trigger the events)

The Sandrah Saga

#38 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:37 AM

Hi Roxane i have similiar issue as last one but with henning.d file - again 

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'
Resource [ACBREB.DLG] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [SandrahNPC/D/henning.d]: Failure("resource [ACBREB.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
Stopping installation because of error.

Could you check that? :)

Edited by dragonian, 09 April 2015 - 08:39 AM.

#39 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:16 AM

Yes, I found this already, the last block in Henning.d Needs to contain a number of conditions for some NPCs.

CHAIN
IF ~~ THEN HENNING ImoSanaSD
~ Ehh...~
== BIMOEN2 ~ <CHARNAME>, Lets get outa here quickest!~
== BSHART IF~ InParty("Sharteel") ~ THEN ~ Male pig, I skewer you just so much that you can be ressurected by Sandrah - and then little Imoen can do the same again to you. Puuh. ~
== BVICONI IF~ InParty("Viconia") ~ THEN ~ The wraith of the spider queen upon you. Imoen you have deserved better than this male scum. ~
== BKIVAN IF~ InParty("Kivan") ~ THEN ~ My saddest day since Deheriana vanished. ~
== IF_FILE_EXISTS BSUFINCH IF~ InParty("Sufinch") ~ THEN ~ Oh no, poor little Imoen. You hateful man (Throws her heaviest tome at Henning.) ~
== BAJANT IF~ InParty("Ajantis") ~ THEN ~ Mylady Imoen, take my arm, please, I will lead you from this rotten place. Helm may smash it to pieces! ~
== IF_FILE_EXISTS k-roseB IF~ InParty("k-rose") ~ THEN ~ The tale of this treachery will be sung across the Swordcoast. No decent customer will enter this shop again.~
== IF_FILE_EXISTS ~B!GAVINJ~ IF ~InParty("B!GAVIN")~ THEN ~ Oh, mylady, this is ..unexpected. You have not deserved this. Take the hand of a friend, please.~
== IF_FILE_EXISTS ACBreB IF~ InParty("ACBre") ~ THEN ~ Buzzurk! Clangeddin's Axe lay this place to ruins. ~

PS I have collected all these corrections in a small fixpack I will upload in a couple of minutes

The Sandrah Saga

#40 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:30 AM

Fixpack uploaded to correct install errors that were reported to me so far

If you had issues with install errors, download the fixpack, extract it to game folder and allow it to override files before you install SandrahNPC.

Changelog
•- DYNAHEIR,cre issue resolved, TS or TS-BP are not required
•- .IDS issues resolved
• -.missing Triggers in BAFs resolved
•- .added some missing conditions in Dialog chains

Thanks a lot for your hints, especially Mad Mate and dragonian

The Sandrah Saga