Photo

[Removed] Sandrah NPC

• Please log in to reply
1190 replies to this topic

#601 geh4th

geh4th
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:38 PM

Also, I noticed a pricing issue in the Bloomwhiffler shop. Clarissa sells a number of "Tomes of [stat increase]" for 1 gold piece each. 

#602 geh4th

geh4th
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

A request regarding Waterdeep...it would be nice it the map had markers on some of the more well known buildings, or at the least those that Sandrah herself references in her introductory speech. (A journal entry summarizing this introduction would be useful too.)

I'm having trouble determining which building is the "Semaphores" temple; I need to go get something from there. I've visited every building on every map that I can enter, but there are no map labels, no exterior sign on the building I can see, and nobody IN the building tells me what it is, unless I just missed it.

I'd thought it was the one that has an interior that looks like various Umberlee temples, but nobody within says so and the item isn't there...

Maybe I'm just confused. :)

(Edit: I've finished the bandit quest, which is why I'm now looking for the item reportedly at this temple.)

I found the item. The building it was in was one that I had assumed was part of the "Temple of Splendor", which is clearly labeled, but nearby. They're connected, after all (in a way), and the Semaphore building has lots of treasure chests and piles of gold laying about, so it did seem rather "splendorous". Nobody located within this building actually identifies themselves as a "Semaphorite", and there's no priest (store) that I could find, so it was easy to overlook and/or mistake the building for something else.

#603 geh4th

geh4th
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:00 PM

Hrm. Once again, still in Waterdeep, having problems with lack of journal entries for a quest and a building location that it was implied that I need to find. 

Spoiler

#604 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:08 PM

Hrm. Once again, still in Waterdeep, having problems with lack of journal entries for a quest and a building location that it was implied that I need to find. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Journal entries is on my to-do list, I agree that there should be more of them. especially for some quests that a quite long.

Edited by Roxanne, 23 September 2015 - 02:20 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#605 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:12 PM

A request regarding Waterdeep...it would be nice it the map had markers on some of the more well known buildings, or at the least those that Sandrah herself references in her introductory speech. (A journal entry summarizing this introduction would be useful too.)

I'm having trouble determining which building is the "Semaphores" temple; I need to go get something from there. I've visited every building on every map that I can enter, but there are no map labels, no exterior sign on the building I can see, and nobody IN the building tells me what it is, unless I just missed it.

I'd thought it was the one that has an interior that looks like various Umberlee temples, but nobody within says so and the item isn't there...

(Edit: I've finished the bandit quest, which is why I'm now looking for the item reportedly at this temple.)

I found the item. The building it was in was one that I had assumed was part of the "Temple of Splendor", which is clearly labeled, but nearby. They're connected, after all (in a way), and the Semaphore building has lots of treasure chests and piles of gold laying about, so it did seem rather "splendorous". Nobody located within this building actually identifies themselves as a "Semaphorite", and there's no priest (store) that I could find, so it was easy to overlook and/or mistake the building for something else.

There should have been some entry speech from Ajantis' mother to make clear what the building is.

Anyway, map signs is a good idea.

The Sandrah Saga

#606 geh4th

geh4th
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:22 AM

There should have been some entry speech from Ajantis' mother to make clear what the building is.

I probably just missed her referencing that, and she left the building after the one dialogue, so she wasn't around to ask about it again later. 

#607 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:34 AM

re Immy quest + bookhunt treasure.  who do i give it to? Priest has nothing out of the normal to say, I did let the butler live, got the note i couldn't remove but not sure where to go from here.

#608 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:08 AM

re Immy quest + bookhunt treasure.  who do i give it to? Priest has nothing out of the normal to say, I did let the butler live, got the note i couldn't remove but not sure where to go from here.

Butler?? Priest??

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#609 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:13 AM

I probably just missed her referencing that, and she left the building after the one dialogue, so she wasn't around to ask about it again later. 

I have added a feature that provides mapnotes to the points Sandrah lists in her introduction to Waterdeep to make navigation a bit easier. Still, part of the Waterdeep challenge is to find your way around in a large capitale, ask the guardians and they will tell you they are not tour guides and that you need to find your way alone.

The Sandrah Saga

#610 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:40 AM

Also, I noticed a pricing issue in the Bloomwhiffler shop. Clarissa sells a number of "Tomes of [stat increase]" for 1 gold piece each. 

This is strange - those tooms are standard priced at 5000 plus the store has a sell markup of 140. How this ends in a 1GP total I cannot say. Maybe someone with more experience in creating stores can help me with that.

The Sandrah Saga

#611 geh4th

geh4th
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:30 AM

This is strange - those tooms are standard priced at 5000 plus the store has a sell markup of 140. How this ends in a 1GP total I cannot say. Maybe someone with more experience in creating stores can help me with that.

There ARE two Dexterity tomes in Clarissa's shop that are listed at a bit over 5,000gp. The 1gp tomes are one for each stat (including another Dexterity tome), if I recall.

25,000 XP too late, I've just realized that there's a timer on a certain quest involving a certain party member, causing me to miss out on it completely. As a result, I'm going to have to back quite a ways up, to a point before I went to Waterdeep to begin with, in order to trigger that quest. Once I get back to Waterdeep later, I'll check the tomes involved and I'll also check that door with the growling dog - when I tried it earlier I still couldn't get in, but I'd already long before picked the lock and I wonder if I'd messed something up before I knew any better. 

#612 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:02 AM

There ARE two Dexterity tomes in Clarissa's shop that are listed at a bit over 5,000gp. The 1gp tomes are one for each stat (including another Dexterity tome), if I recall.

Ok I found the issue and will correct it (Per default, the shop treats those books as *used, not charged" and therefore prices them at 1 GP - setting a flag for one charge provides real prices) Nevertheless the game engine treats those books as *charged* once you bought them cheaply, which appears as a cheat.

I uploaded a hotfix for it

http://www.shsforums...attach_id=28339

25,000 XP too late, I've just realized that there's a timer on a certain quest involving a certain party member, causing me to miss out on it completely. As a result, I'm going to have to back quite a ways up, to a point before I went to Waterdeep to begin with, in order to trigger that quest. Once I get back to Waterdeep later, I'll check the tomes involved and I'll also check that door with the growling dog - when I tried it earlier I still couldn't get in, but I'd already long before picked the lock and I wonder if I'd messed something up before I knew any better. 

Edited by Roxanne, 23 September 2015 - 11:27 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#613 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:51 AM

Sandrah vs SCS component Cursed Wounds

Incompability detected between SCS *cursed wounds* spell and Sandrah's healer script. Sandrah will cast healing spells continuously and trigger error messages and stuttering - reason is that the SCS DW#curse spell is not detectable on infected creatures. (Neither can temples detect the spell).

I found a solution but it cannot be provided as hotfix due to its complexity. It will be part of v1.09 of SandrahNPC.

I found an interim solution for the problem

SCS introduces a spell causing cursed wounds which cannot be healed or cured by applicable spells nor can the *curse* be detected and removed by priests. The only way to heal a creture afflicted is by killing and raising from afterwards (in case of PC not even that is possible). Due to her healer abilities and combat scripts, Sandrah will permanently attempt to heal comrades and animal companions as she cannot detect the curse - this makes her unuseable and causes stuttering.

The fix is not a permanent solution to the SCS dilemma but hopefully makes the mod playable for those who have both mods installed. I hope SCS authors will fix the spell or at least make it an optional component in the future.

Cursed Wound fix (for SCS, only needed if SCS is installed)

Edited by Roxanne, 24 September 2015 - 09:53 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#614 geh4th

geh4th
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:14 AM

- [Sandrah's] lore ability >>> the plan was to make her book an item that could be used to identify once or twice a day instead of permanently giving her the ability, I am not sure why it does not work this way - lore bonus removed from ring already

These changes are already in v1.09 currently under test and development:

In general, Sandrah's abilities are drastically reduced. The ability to identify will be by the use of her book and limited to once a day. Her ressurection skill will change to raise dead instead, with a much larger interval.

Would it be possible for you to create a hotfix for v1.08 (and earlier) that makes these changes (book, ring, raise dead) mirror the way you intend them to function in v1.09?

Regarding the lore book...I don't think it's unreasonable to make it function similar to Glasses of Identification, i.e. providing "Identify" 3 times per day.

#615 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:30 AM

- [Sandrah's] lore ability >>> the plan was to make her book an item that could be used to identify once or twice a day instead of permanently giving her the ability, I am not sure why it does not work this way - lore bonus removed from ring already

In general, Sandrah's abilities are drastically reduced. The ability to identify will be by the use of her book and limited to once a day. Her ressurection skill will change to raise dead instead, with a much larger interval.

Would it be possible for you to create a hotfix for v1.08 (and earlier) that makes these changes (book, ring, raise dead) mirror the way you intend them to function in v1.09?

Regarding the lore book...I don't think it's unreasonable to make it function similar to Glasses of Identification, i.e. providing "Identify" 3 times per day.

It is a bit more complicated than I initially assumed (due to some features hardcoded in the game) but I have all of that working finally. (You cannot create items that work like Glasses of Id, the Finch mod tried that before and failed > giving Finch an normal pair of custom glasses solved it - these items are hardcoded.)

1. I can probably isolate the lore related issues (except the item description) in a hotfix (will look at it later today). Any solution would require that you are able to use NI on a saved game (to modify Sandrah's saved lore value calculated in-game by the IE). (NB: Shadowkeeper cannot do that)

2. The raise dead issue cannot be *hotfixed* as it is deep in the core dialogue and main script. It requires a recompilation of several script and dialogue files to avoid breaking the rest of the core.

I will announce here as soon as a limited hotfix is available.

Edited by Roxanne, 26 September 2015 - 02:48 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#616 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:22 AM

It is a bit more complicated than I initially assumed (due to some features hardcoded in the game) but I have all of that working finally. (You cannot create items that work like Glasses of Id, the Finch mod tried that before and failed > giving Finch an normal pair of custom glasses solved it - these items are hardcoded.)

1. I can probably isolate the lore related issues (except the item description) in a hotfix (will look at it later today). Any solution would require that you are able to use NI on a saved game (to modify Sandrah's saved lore value calculated in-game by the IE). (NB: Shadowkeeper cannot do that)

2. The raise dead issue cannot be *hotfixed* as it is deep in the core dialogue and main script. It requires a recompilation of several script and dialogue files to avoid breaking the rest of the core.

I will announce here as soon as a limited hotfix is available.

After further investigation I found that the *lore issue* is not suitable for a hotfix. On top of installing items, spells and dialogues it will also require the in-game setting of variables and changing of saved cre files to work - the later two depending on your progress in the game.

This is beyond the scope of an easy fix, so it has to wait until v1.09.

Edited by Roxanne, 26 September 2015 - 06:23 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#617 geh4th

geh4th
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 07:22 PM

Thank you for trying.

#618 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:15 AM

Sandrah seems to be stuttering, what do I do?

option 1 - talk to her via PID - tell her that her hammer is stuck

if not helpful then

option 2 - use stutterdebug to locate the problem

• (if you do not have it yet, download this Attached File  stutterdebug.zip   615.17K   142 downloads and extract it to your game folder like any mod)
  • Make a save of the stuttering game (maybe sth like stuttersave...)
  • open the setup-st.tp2 with any text editor
  • replace the #######,bcs with CVSandra.bcs (or CVSan25.bcs if you are in ToB) - you can also add additional lines, e.g. the area script of the area you are in etc - of course the tool works for any other stuttering NPC as well, just paste the name of his script file instead of CVsandra
  • Run the Setup-st.exe
  • Load the stuttersave and let the game run for 30 - 45 sec without acting - you will see some responses like <CHARNAME>: Running block 5 of BALDUR.BCS and so on
  • Look for running blocks that keep repeating constantly and note them down
  • exit the game
  • open the bcs that had the repeated blocks in it with Near Infinity (or your favorite game editor or decompile them with WeiDU and read their contents in your favorite text editors).
  • look for the block you have noted down
  • Once you have identified the culprit you can correct it or post it here on this forum or both (note if you want to correct it, then first uninstall stutterdebug again before editing the bcs file, otherwise you loose your changes after the uninstall.)
  • Uninstall the stutterdebug again to get rid of those text messages in game

If you want to have more helpful information, visit this post http://www.shsforums...ing-stuttering/

Edited by Roxanne, 27 September 2015 - 07:22 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#619 -Jona0-

-Jona0-

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:50 AM

Hello all,

I tested Sandrah till the cloakwood mines and liked it very much .

But upon leaving Sandrah says something like "wrong horse" and is gone (forever??)

I must tell you though, that I entered the bandit camp directly - because i couldn't find raiken in Peldvale (nor teven in larswood) as Sandrah suggested.

Well, I couldn't enter the orc prison either...

What did I wrong ?

Any help welcome.

Greetings

Jona0

#620 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:16 AM

Hello all,

I tested Sandrah till the cloakwood mines and liked it very much .

But upon leaving Sandrah says something like "wrong horse" and is gone (forever??)

Obviously you did not treat her well, she has warned you before that (Just because you think you were born a bastard does not mean you need to behave like one). She must be really disappointed of you at that point, which can have a lot of reasons based on decisions you have made in the game and answers you have given to her.

Spoiler

I must tell you though, that I entered the bandit camp directly - because i couldn't find raiken in Peldvale (nor teven in larswood) as Sandrah suggested.

She suggests that if you have Imoen's quest for Henning running - it assures you get the hints for that quest - but it is also possible to do the direct assault. Just not as interesting as the other road - and you have one less quest with Teven/Raiken later on - nothing game breaking

Well, I couldn't enter the orc prison either...

Spoiler

What did I wrong ?

Any help welcome.

Edit - some questions -

Do you play an evil character?

Did you upgrade Sandrah version during the playthrough?

Greetings

Jona0

Edited by Roxanne, 28 September 2015 - 09:28 AM.

The Sandrah Saga