• 61 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:46 AM

Gotta reinstall it again... Maybe I'll be able to play it next week :D

#62 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:55 AM

That was just my guess so I might be wrong(and obviously I am) but still looking by parse errors it is some mod that changes spells.

This is the log of the installation I currently play, anything in it that changes spells has not affected Sandrah as far as I can tell

Spoiler

Here is another one from a different installation on a different computer

Spoiler

I have some more installations from different machines and using different versions of big world install, none of them has prevented me from installing Sandrah. It must be something that I have never used, I guess.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#63 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:04 AM

That was just my guess so I might be wrong(and obviously I am) but still looking by parse errors it is some mod that changes spells.

It's not about mods that change spells. Game scripts don't care if PfMW protects you against magical weapons or kills you instantly.

It's about mods which change the way spells are made detected. You can try a change-log on spell.ids file. The underlying problem is that Sandrah' scripts are used over AI mods - it should be the other way around; i.e. use generic scripts (or your own if you wish to preserve them, but not copies from another mod-altered scripts) and let AI mods (whichever end-user desires, BP/Questpack/SCS/aTweaks or combinations) alter them. This way, install is dependent on the existance of AI mod(s). If you don't have a mod which adds specific  ids entry for spells in scripts (example Balor Flame Shield), install will fail due to missing dependancies. 

#64 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:05 AM

This is the log of the installation I currently play, anything in it that changes spells has not affected Sandrah as far as I can tell

It must be something that I have never used, I guess.

It's the exact opossite - something you always use allows you to install Sandrah. :rolleyes:

#65 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:25 AM

It's the exact opossite - something you always use allows you to install Sandrah. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I believe it's the BP. And the thing is, the BP and the SCS are not enough compatible that it would allow the SCS to work within this mod mix. See the above stats.ids for example.

This does not deter the fact that there's still a lot of players that will use it. So no worries there.

Edited by The Imp, 10 April 2015 - 06:16 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#66 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:02 AM

Yeah, I believe it's the BP. And the thing is, the BP and the SCS are not enough compatible that it would allow the SCS to work within this mod mix. See the above stats.ids for example.

With respect to those mods you mention I have always followed the guide of the BigWorld program, i.e. BP is always installed before Sandrah. With SCS, are you referring to SCSII?? Again I just took what the standard installation has preselected.

The Sandrah Saga

#67 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:02 AM

With respect to those mods you mention I have always followed the guide of the BigWorld program, i.e. BP is always installed before Sandrah. With SCS, are you referring to SCSII?? Again I just took what the standard installation has preselected.

The Sandrah Saga

#68 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:19 AM

BP is always installed before Sandrah. With SCS, are you referring to SCSII?? Again I just took what the standard installation has preselected.

SCS1 and SCS2 are both outdated, you now have a single SCS combining both. What you took doesn't mean others will use as well (I for one don't use BP), hence the missing ids entries parse errors.  The scripts you use are dependant on BP being installed (and possibly a number of other mods), I don't know which components exactly. 

#69 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:31 AM

Thanks again for all these comments!!

It becomes clear that I took a wrong appraoch by assuming to add on top of a large BGT Installation would assure the greatest possible consistency and continuity. While this may still be true for content and storyline it is probably not true for the more technical and AI aspects of the game. The variety of user preferred selections for items, spells, and rules is simply too vast.

There may still be the option to use the mod for those players who succeeded with an automated Big Picture Installation with  the standard mod selection.

The Sandrah Saga

#70 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

Fwiw, I'd suggest a rather simplistic approach:

- strip the custom scripts

- replace them with generic-named ones found in non-modded game 

- let user decide if he wants AI mods or not, and if, which will it be

The way it's done now will cause numerous errors - in case of SCS, your items which give specific immunites won't protect you vs AI spells (e.g. Charm, Web and similar), in case of aTweaks they won't prevent custom Fear/Disease effects, nor will they be "detectable" by AI.

Short story: If you add items - make sure your mod goes before SCS/aTweaks, and functions well without them.

Another option is to write down "this mod needs BP to function properly since it uses some of it's script triggers...."; but I think that some spells you use in your scripts aren't BP-specific, but depend on other mods. Unfortunately, I didn't really have the time to investigate where some spells come from - they could easilly be from the mods you list as "must" to install.

Anyhow - best of luck, whatever you decide. This thing is huge. :Bow:

#71 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:31 AM

Very interesting and promising mod, thank you Roxanne. :coolthumb:

Tempted to include this to my upcoming BWP expert-install in near future.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#72 -my very bad english-

-my very bad english-

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:04 PM

Been dying of curiosity to see what this mod is about. Downloaded it and did some checking of d files. I'm really surprised, don't believe that anybody tried something similar, at least at this scope. Mod has many pros and cons ( pros significantly outnumber cons imho) and I'll be sure to have it when one day finally start to play BWP again. I wish you all the best with your mod, really seems promising, but you better be ready to defend it tooth and nail. I wish I am wrong ( and I really do ) but I am afraid that you will face serious flame throwing  and attacks for it. Would hate to see you discouraged and this mod abandoned because someone decided to throw sticks and stones on you out of disagreement for what you did. Of course, I'm of opinion that constructive critic is most welcome. But there is a difference between it and trolling, flaming and low punches under the belt...

#73 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:52 PM

So according to v1.02 I need BP to install NPC? Well, shit... almost finished reinstall... gotta reinstall again I guess :/ Wish I had an SSD.

Edited by Lithesis, 11 April 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#74 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

So according to v1.02 I need BP to install NPC? Well, shit... almost finished reinstall... gotta reinstall again I guess :/ Wish I had an SSD.

I have just added this as a hint taken from some other user's comment. Nothing is built in to prevent you from installing the mod without BP. The issue is not confirmed yet, it is just a warning that it may cause some errors. Look at issues 65-68 in the discussion above to make up your mind. I have currently 6 different installs on 3 different computers which I used for testing but all of them have BP in it. The guys who gave their comments do not seem to have BP and they anticipate some problems. That is the status at the moment.

The Sandrah Saga

#75 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:05 PM

meh same error as before:

ZAIYAJ.dlg not found in key file...

Standard BWP didn't change anything :(

#76 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:53 PM

After so much difficulties to get the mod even started (in any way), wouldn't it be an idea, if the modder posts a fitting weidu.log, with which the installation of the mod works? So that those, who want to test the mod out are able to do that? What will it take to make the mod more compatible? A whole reprogramming? That would really be discouraging.

#77 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:31 PM

After so much difficulties to get the mod even started (in any way), wouldn't it be an idea, if the modder posts a fitting weidu.log, with which the installation of the mod works? So that those, who want to test the mod out are able to do that? What will it take to make the mod more compatible? A whole reprogramming? That would really be discouraging.

Post #62 above in this forum has some examples.

The Sandrah Saga

#78 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:48 PM

meh same error as before:

ZAIYAJ.dlg not found in key file...

Standard BWP didn't change anything :(

I cannot find any error in the tp2 nor in the added dialogue. Do you have the Zaiya Kiara mod installed at all ?

If yes, the ZaiyaJ should be there

If no, I have no idea why Sandrah should try to install the add-on

The Sandrah Saga

#79 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:38 PM

Attached debug.

Attached Files

#80 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:09 AM

Attached debug.

I have a slight suspicion, however I cannot find any feature in this forum to attach a file to my post.

Replacing in the Mods/ZaiyaSan.d file ZaiyaJ with ~ZaiyaJ~ might help, the issue my be the y-x use on some foreign keyboards.

I will try to send you a revised file

The Sandrah Saga