[closed]

• Please log in to reply
1187 replies to this topic

#1141 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:51 AM

I suppose you ask all the BWS questions in the BWS thread I referenced above. I do not know about current BWS, last used it like 2 years ago for BGT...

Then assuming I try to be "badass" and go with the manual install after all should I install Sandrah first or last if I go with only the required mods for her?

Are you sure?

Because you need a clean install of BGEE (+ modmerge, if you have a steam or gog game) and a clean BG2EE.

Then you need to install the BG1 mods you want into BGEE

Then you run EET core in the BG2EE

Then you install the BG2 contents mods in BG2EE and prior to installing the ones that need fixes, you do the fixes on them

Then you install Sandrah

Then you install the fixed for EET BP-BGT Worldmap

Then you install tweak mods if you like

Then you run EET_end

Then you do GUI mods if you want

Then you pray that it all works...

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#1142 -Samriel-

-Samriel-

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:13 PM

Is there any way to install other than manually or through BWS?

#1143 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:40 PM

There is no BWP for EET if you mean that. Automatic or manual. Manual is not too complex yet for EET as there are only few dependencies/compatibility issues yet.

Things get a bit more complicated if you use mods requiring fixes/fixpack

This is one I have used recently without having any issues

In BGEE

In BG2EE

The Sandrah Saga

#1144 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

There is no BWP for EET if you mean that. Automatic or manual. Manual is not too complex yet for EET as there are only few dependencies/compatibility issues yet.

In BGEE

In BG2EE

The Sandrah Saga

#1145 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

In BGEE

In BG2EE

The Sandrah Saga

#1146 -Samriel-

-Samriel-

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:31 AM

attachicon.gifWeiDU-BGEE.log  In BGEE

attachicon.gifWeiDU.log In BG2EE

I do not see a few seemingly obligatory mods like NTotSC or Gray Clan. Did you already tried a run for RtF or the requirements for it do not include these mods any longer?

#1147 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:34 AM

Also are these logs of a manual or an automatic install?

#1148 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:37 AM

attachicon.gifWeiDU-BGEE.log  In BGEE

attachicon.gifWeiDU.log In BG2EE

I do not see a few seemingly obligatory mods like NTotSC or Gray Clan. Did you already tried a run for RtF or the requirements for it do not include these mods any longer?

This was a manual install.

The mods you ask for are installed in the BG2EE part and therefore listed in Weidu.log (EET creates a copy of the BGEE weidu log in the BG2EE folder and this is the Weidu-BGEE.log that you see).

The Sandrah Saga

#1149 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:14 AM

Another question: Is the fixed for EET BP-BGT Worldmap the version 10.2.1? Because when I enter the patch section for EET mods in the gibberlings page and click on the BP-BGT Worldmap I cannot find any separate patch for it.

So does the version 10.2.1 already got it included?

Also I cannot find if Northern Tales of the Swordcoast got an EET version. Does it work with the normal one?

BWS seems to have an interim version of it which it claims to be compatible with EET.

Edited by Samriel, 08 January 2017 - 04:27 AM.

#1150 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:35 AM

Also is there any chance that installing the music content for BG1 NPCs might mess anything with the mods or should that kind of stuff be more of less safe?

#1151 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:43 AM

Another question: Is the fixed for EET BP-BGT Worldmap the version 10.2.1? Because when I enter the patch section for EET mods in the gibberlings page and click on the BP-BGT Worldmap I cannot find any separate patch for it.

So does the version 10.2.1 already got it included?

Also I cannot find if Northern Tales of the Swordcoast got an EET version. Does it work with the normal one?

BWS seems to have an interim version of it which it claims to be compatible with EET.

BP-BGT Worldmap needs the additional map icons for the SoD areas - they are not in the *official* mod. So you need the patches that have been incorporated in Big World Fixpack, BWS does it automatically for you - if you do a manual install you need to do it yourself.

Edited by Roxanne, 08 January 2017 - 06:44 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1152 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:53 AM

So should I install Big World Fixpack AFTER installing the BG2EE mods(but before running EET_End) so that Big World Fixpack can patch them?

In the case I try a manual install.

Edited by Samriel, 08 January 2017 - 06:57 AM.

#1153 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:10 AM

So should I install Big World Fixpack AFTER installing the BG2EE mods(but before running EET_End) so that Big World Fixpack can patch them?

In the case I try a manual install.

This is not how it works.

If a mod needs tixing/patching you need to do the required action for that mod (e.g. copying/overwriting or patching files) before you run that möd's install. So this can be a tricky thing if you are not perfectly sure what you do. This is why BWS does it for you.

The readme:

This fixpack installs the latest bug-fixes in various mods and solves other compatibility problems. Although it is made for the BiG World Project, it can be used with any other installation. Just copy the folder "BiG World Fixpack" and the file "BiG World Fixpack.bat" into your "BGII - SoA" main directory and start the batch file AFTER unpacking and BEFORE installing the mods. The batch file checks for mods that are already present in the main folder and copies the needed files into the predetermined folders. The patch files contain only the changes which are carried out in the files, not the content of the whole files themselves. Hence, you may on no account replace the existing files with the patch files!

If you want to get further informations about the several fixes, read the BiG World Fixpack\_BWP fixes.txt

The Sandrah Saga

#1154 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:31 AM

So basically: Unpack the fixpack in the BG2EE game folder, unpack any mods that need to be patched there as well, run the fixpack to patch the unpacked mods that need patching AND after that one can install those mods.

Did I get it right?

#1155 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:35 AM

So basically: Unpack the fixpack in the BG2EE game folder, unpack any mods that need to be patched there as well, run the fixpack to patch the unpacked mods that need patching AND after that one can install those mods.

Did I get it right?

Yes - however, I would first run EET, then unpack ALL mods for BG2EE, then run fixpack and then install all mods in the required sequence, then run EET_end.

The Sandrah Saga

#1156 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:43 AM

I see, I had ran EET(and the process for dealing with the BGEE mods had just ended. I did NOT run EET_end of course) so I was just wondering how to handle the mods for BG2 EE.

Another thing, on the mod compatibility page in the gibberlings page it says next to the Dark Side of the Sword Coast that this is NOT the version for BGEE. Is it the version for Sandrah?

When I click that link it says it is the version for BGT and EET but it does not specifically state whether it is for BGEE or BGEE 2

Edited by Samriel, 08 January 2017 - 08:46 AM.

#1157 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:58 AM

I see, I had ran EET(and the process for dealing with the BGEE mods had just ended. I did NOT run EET_end of course) so I was just wondering how to handle the mods for BG2 EE.

Another thing, on the mod compatibility page in the gibberlings page it says next to the Dark Side of the Sword Coast that this is NOT the version for BGEE. Is it the version for Sandrah?

When I click that link it says it is the version for BGT and EET but it does not specifically state whether it is for BGEE or BGEE 2

You need the one in the link of the cpmpatinility list and you install it in BG2EE.

The Sandrah Saga

#1158 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:18 AM

You need the one in the link of the cpmpatinility list and you install it in BG2EE.

Got it.

I also noticed in your log for BG2EE that there are 2 versions of Chloe with one being the one with "Original Contents" and the other with "Extended Contents". Also that the one with "Extended Contents" seems to happen after Sandrah was installed.

So if I wanted to install Chloe then should I install 2 versions of her for complete content? I only found one version of her for EET which happened to be released today I think.

Or is it that the Sandrah install got said content for Chloe as optional one?

Also is the current version of Sandrah allowing for some content with the Imoen Romance mod(like Sandrah's reactions to said romance, etc)? Since I did not find anything in the Sandrah readme.

Edited by Samriel, 08 January 2017 - 09:25 AM.

#1159 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:37 AM

Got it.

I also noticed in your log for BG2EE that there are 2 versions of Chloe with one being the one with "Original Contents" and the other with "Extended Contents". Also that the one with "Extended Contents" seems to happen after Sandrah was installed.

So if I wanted to install Chloe then should I install 2 versions of her for complete content? I only found one version of her for EET which happened to be released today I think.

Or is it that the Sandrah install got said content for Chloe as optional one?

Also is the current version of Sandrah allowing for some content with the Imoen Romance mod(like Sandrah's reactions to said romance, etc)? Since I did not find anything in the Sandrah readme.

The second part of Chloe is at the end since I do the development of this mod for EET. Thus I constantly install/un-install to add and test and correct stuff. You can simply install that second part with the first if you are interested in Chloe.

Sandrah's reaction to Imoen romance is part of her *normal* SoA contents, so nothing special to see in the installation. Some talks will only trigger or have addirional text if that romance is running, this is done by evaluating some globals during play. Stuff will simply not trigger if the romance is not active.

The Sandrah Saga

#1160 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:44 AM

The second part of Chloe is at the end since I do the development of this mod for EET. Thus I constantly install/un-install to add and test and correct stuff. You can simply install that second part with the first if you are interested in Chloe.

Sandrah's reaction to Imoen romance is part of her *normal* SoA contents, so nothing special to see in the installation. Some talks will only trigger or have addirional text if that romance is running, this is done by evaluating some globals during play. Stuff will simply not trigger if the romance is not active.

So it means that the Extended Content for Chloe is still "in the works" and not available normally?

As for your second answer by "normal" SoA contents you mean that the Sandrah mod already got some sort of romance of the PC with Imoen or that the Imoen Romance is semi-obligatory and one can only see most of Imoen SoA content if the Imoen Romance is installed?

Does it also include Sandrah's reactions to it for ToB?

Also, I just unpacked Tales of Ankheg that I downloaded from the EET compatibility page on gibberlings. I noticed that there is no setup there to run. So how should I install it? Should I run the one from the Spellhold page instead? Which one did you choose?

Edited by Samriel, 08 January 2017 - 10:05 AM.