• Please log in to reply
1187 replies to this topic

#1 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

Withdrawn

Edited by Roxanne, 09 January 2017 - 03:34 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:13 AM

you should consider posting here:
http://www.shsforums...quest-template/

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:20 AM

A bit early for that, I pressume. I just posted a test Version for the time beeing,

The Sandrah Saga

#4 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:26 AM

I have just finished installing lately and was about to start the game. From what i read in readme there should be no repercussions of installing this mod as last one right?

#5 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:30 AM

Hmm, I see lot of interaction with mod NPCs and even alterations to other mods... looks like I've got to grab this mod fast, before some hypocrite copyrightfags have stampeded over because of how dare you to mod the mod! :ROFL:

I have just finished installing lately and was about to start the game. From what i read in readme there should be no repercussions of installing this mod as last one right?

I wonder if it might cause issues with Worldmap.

Edited by Creepin, 08 April 2015 - 09:40 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#6 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:51 AM

Hmm, I see lot of interaction with mod NPCs and even alterations to other mods... looks like I've got to grab this mod fast, before some hypocrite copyrightfags have stampeded over because of how dare you to mod the mod! :ROFL:

I wonder if it might cause issues with Worldmap.

I will try and report back if it will cause issues with worldmap - i hope not.
I already downloaded mod.

#7 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

I have tried it with several versions of large and small worldmap in the past and never found any problem.

The Sandrah Saga

#8 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:01 AM

I think I have not "modded another one's mod" I just added some content for Sandrah. For example. in the case of Grey Clan, that has been dormant for years now, I have just added a sequel to the original plot without changing what was there except for some interjects to enable the later part.

Edited by Roxanne, 08 April 2015 - 10:08 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#9 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:11 AM

@Roxanne

This mod I found very interesting (it's huge!) and have set it up now. There were numerous errors reported (missing triggers, animations, dlg files etc.).

Anyhow, some fiddling through the code finally got me through the install errors.

What I'd reccomend; so that other people don't have the same problems as I did - write a "proper" Readme. Especially about the mods Sandrah needs to be installed beforehand. Example; I didn't install Yasraena. Turns out, the install botches out since she's missing with some CHAIN stuff. Likewise, there were missing animations in ids files (Marilith), missing triggers in scripts ("NEEDS_BREACH", "SIMULACRUM" gender etc.)

Not everyone use BP/IA and Readme says nothing about it. DYNA10 missing (which mod adds it?). Fixed it by making my own DYNA10....

Be that as it may, congrats on first release - I can't wait to see this mod in action. :clap:

#10 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:13 AM

trying install

SANDRAHNPC-SETUP.TP2  0  0 Installed ~SandrahNPC Check for required Installation~
SANDRAHNPC-SETUP.TP2  0  1 Installed ~Sandrah Worldmap Entries~
SANDRAHNPC-SETUP.TP2  0  2 Installed ~SandrahNPC for BGT Core~
SANDRAHNPC-SETUP.TP2  0  3 Installed ~Mods Compatibility~
SANDRAHNPC-SETUP.TP2  0  4 Installed ~Sandrah Kit~
ERROR: Failure("resource [Dyna12.CRE] not found for 'COPY'")
PLEASE email the file SANDRAHNPC-SETUP.DEBUG to Roxanne - Contact Roxanne@shsforums.net
Using Language [English]
[English] has 1 top-level TRA files
[SandrahNPC/TRA/setup-Sandr.tra] has 883 translation strings

#11 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:14 AM

I have tried it with several versions of large and small worldmap in the past and never found any problem.
Erhm, I got a question, how do you append the worldmap.wmp file ? Or does it even actually need to be appended by your files ?
Or do you overwrite and ... yeah, that's going to destroy compatibility a lots.

Erhm, could you set the links to be just the download archives... aka code them to be something like this:
[url=http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1123-sandrahnpc-sandrahrtf/]Download   [/url], [url=http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1122-sandrah-npc-readme/]Readme   [/url], [url=http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1124-sandrah-npc-crossmod-list/]Crossmod list   [/url]
Aka: Download, Readme, Crossmod list. And not pictures that also lead to this over all download category page.
Not everyone use BP/IA and Readme says nothing about it. DYNA10 missing (which mod adds it?). Fixed it by making my own DYNA10....
That should be TS - BP.

Edited by The Imp, 08 April 2015 - 10:53 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#12 Glam Vrock

Glam Vrock
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:47 AM

Going through the dialogue files. Am I correct in saying this character has romances with Ajantis and Branwen and Coran and Dynaheir AND Shar-Teel AND Garrick AND Aerie AND Viconia AND Haer'dalis AND Chloe AND Sarah AND Tyris Flare?

EDIT: And Tsujatha and Yasraena?

EDIT: EDIT: And Valygar. And Kivan. And Drizzt Do'Urden.

Edited by Glam Vrock, 08 April 2015 - 10:58 AM.

#13 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:59 AM

Ugh....she starts with a ring that regens 1HP/sec and has other Gaxx properties. Really? I've checked her armor/amulet....sigh. That's end-game equipement. Pro Creature - Basilisk? Her AC (at meeting) is -7. I hope this mod is really, really hard to justify this, otherwise - this is insane. :(

#14 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:07 AM

Oh. And this seems to use other mods' resources. Hammer casts dvheroic.spl, which is IR specific spell. I don't have IR installed. Readme should really mention such stuff. Or, simpy say, "you must install EVERY mod under the Sun", or bugs will arise. She also starts with an extra apr (why?) and THAC0 score of 0. O_P. 

#15 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:14 AM

Thank you for this Initial feedback. It is like I had expected, there are some issues with defining the required pre-requisites correctly. All test installations have been done so far into games with a large amount of mods installed already.

• Dynaheir missing >> DYNA10 and DYNA12 are introduced by "Tortured Souls" mod. References should be made conditional in the next version of the tp2. If you miss them it could be solved for the time being to make copies of another Dyna.cre and Name them 10 and 12 if needed,
  • Yasraena chain entries must be made conditional (==IF_FILE_EXISTS) >>For the time being there is probably no other Workaround than installing Yasraena previously even if you do not intend to play her.

The Sandrah Saga

#16 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:17 AM

I have TS but not TS-BP as suggested in BWS.

Another error:

Compiling 1 script ...

SANDRAHNPC-SETUP.TP2  0  0 Installed ~SandrahNPC Check for required Installation~
SANDRAHNPC-SETUP.TP2  0  1 Installed ~Sandrah Worldmap Entries~
SANDRAHNPC-SETUP.TP2  0  2 Installed ~SandrahNPC for BGT Core~
SANDRAHNPC-SETUP.TP2  0  3 Installed ~Mods Compatibility~
SANDRAHNPC-SETUP.TP2  0  4 Installed ~Sandrah Kit~
SANDRAHNPC-SETUP.TP2  0  5 Installed ~SandrahNPC Creatures and Items~
SANDRAHNPC-SETUP.TP2  0  6 Installed ~Sandrah Shops~
SANDRAHNPC-SETUP.TP2  0  7 Installed ~Sandrah Movies and Sounds~
ERROR: Failure("resource [ACBREB.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
PLEASE email the file SANDRAHNPC-SETUP.DEBUG to Roxanne - Contact Roxanne@shsforums.net
Using Language [English]
[English] has 1 top-level TRA files
[SandrahNPC/TRA/setup-Sandr.tra] has 883 translation strings

Attached debug as i got a lot of parse errors.

Attached Files

Edited by dragonian, 08 April 2015 - 11:44 AM.

#17 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:36 AM

Thank you for this Initial feedback. It is like I had expected, there are some issues with defining the required pre-requisites correctly. All test installations have been done so far into games with a large amount of mods installed already.

• Dynaheir missing >> DYNA10 and DYNA12 are introduced by "Tortured Souls" mod. References should be made conditional in the next version of the tp2. If you miss them it could be solved for the time being to make copies of another Dyna.cre and Name them 10 and 12 if needed,
  • Yasraena chain entries must be made conditional (==IF_FILE_EXISTS) >>For the time being there is probably no other Workaround than installing Yasraena previously even if you do not intend to play her.

You're welcome.

Ad1) I created DYNA files, yes, it worked

Ad 2) cool. I edited out the relevant files, but if I knew the hassle it would require I'd probably simpy install Yasr.

#18 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:44 AM

SHROM_TIMER should be 3600

But the issue is that the BG1NPC mod should be checked as essential prerequisit for the Sadrah mod. My mistake to take the BG1NPC mod and its concept as granted.

The Sandrah Saga

#19 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:49 AM

Actually if you would look on BWS they nearly always suggest using the mod for certain character instead of BG1NPC part for same NPC :)
I don`t know if it is possible for you to check for those mods as well?

BTW i have Yasarena mod installed...

Edited by dragonian, 08 April 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#20 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:57 AM

ACBREB.DLG issue found

At line 5753 of CVSandrJ.d it needs a second IF_FILE_EXISTS ACBreb

The first IF_FILE_EXISTS only applies for the initiating dialogue to exist but not for all others contributing in this chain

The Sandrah Saga