[closed]

• Please log in to reply
1187 replies to this topic

#501 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:17 AM

Thank you, no crash after CLUA:CreateCreature. creature look like green gnome or something, I think thats BWP auto-fixed with some exist-model (race=Troll in .cre ).

Well...that is better than CtD.

The creatures are supposed to have worg appearance and then transform to troll if you hurt them badly enough. There is a story in the Shauhana quest about their nature. This will only work when you have the mod and respective files compiled. The green gnome is how the uncompiled cre looks like (do not ask me why), so you seem to be ok.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#502 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

Sorry for late answer but i was away

The ogre should be outside of the cave a lttle NE of the cave entrance (to survive the mindflayer

Checked the entire area and ogre dont spawn at all.

And also i have question: Does Sandrah NPC have content for Vecna mod ?

#503 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:57 PM

Sorry for late answer but i was away
The ogre should be outside of the cave a lttle NE of the cave entrance (to survive the mindflayer

Checked the entire area and ogre dont spawn at all.

CreateCreature("acq13002") = Ugh
CreateCreature("acq13003") = Jumper

And also i have question: Does Sandrah NPC have content for Vecna mod ?

No - and not planned. Same for NEJ.

Edited by Roxanne, 02 August 2015 - 12:13 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#504 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:22 AM

Download files are NOT broken!!!

The Report on the download page is erroneous. All files have been downloaded and checked by me today.

There is no way however to remove the discriminating flag from the page.

The Sandrah Saga

#505 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:59 PM

Some questions again^^

In RtF is is possible to access areas from BG2 or it is only the ones from Bg1?

In my quest log it say I should visit the orc queen which as I assume is in the Storm mountains but I can't access that area. Should I use Sandrah's ability Return from Waterdeep?

Also when I started RtF I had to stay quiet for like 3 minutes. If I moved then stuff with the conversation with the Solar starting would mess up.

#506 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:46 PM

Some questions again^^

You can visit BG1, BG2, ToB and new areas, ask Sandrah for some hints. You will discover the travel options while playing, actually finding your way is part of the initial plot - just like finding your new party members. The maps will be revealed again like in a new game (you need to discover most of the map again - no wonder after all that time?)

In my quest log it say I should visit the orc queen which as I assume is in the Storm mountains but I can't access that area. Should I use Sandrah's ability Return from Waterdeep?

Depends which starting location you choose.

Spoiler

Also when I started RtF I had to stay quiet for like 3 minutes. If I moved then stuff with the conversation with the Solar starting would mess up.

This is a bit dependent on your computer and the installation you have. The transition from ToB to RtF takes a bit of time (just like the transition from BG1 to BG2 via BGT) In both cases just wait a minute or so until the system finished. (I am considering to maybe have a movie scene or something similar for that period but I am not sure whether that improves or worsens things).

*mess up*??? The issue is a bit of stuttering but you should be able to move and explore the chests and such.??

Edited by Roxanne, 08 August 2015 - 12:31 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#507 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

Hmmm, I kinda got lost :blush:

It seems I need to go to some trade route and maybe find some merchant named Nerkio. To go through the old Sune temple...but the way to it was not accessible from what I recall. I met initially with Shar Teel and later with the Orc queen and the latter told me to inspect said trade route. I can't find-or I'm not sure If I went through there- the Bear Clan village. Hmmm....

Also a few things:

1. Are there any characters who a obligatory? I mean...whose recruitment is a must to advance the story or/and gain a perfect ending?

2. Any plans to make a walkthrough or a hint book? With both BG2 and BG2 areas it is easy to get lost. Maybe expand a bit the player's journey regarding what one should do.

3. Any romances for a male PC? Namely I noticed that I can flirt with Leyala and even got the option for some early "hot encounter". If she is romanceable then does she require some specific quests to move on with her romance or it progresses as the main plot goes forward?

Edited by Samriel, 08 August 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#508 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:21 PM

Hmmm, I kinda got lost :blush:

It seems I need to go to some trade route and maybe find some merchant named Nerkio. To go through the old Sune temple...but the way to it was not accessible from what I recall. I met initially with Shar Teel and later with the Orc queen and the latter told me to inspect said trade route. I can't find-or I'm not sure If I went through there- the Bear Clan village. Hmmm....

You maybe missed some of the Shauhana quest, Bear Clan Village is where you finally defeated Vennegrat,

Spoiler

Also a few things:

1. Are there any characters who a obligatory? I mean...whose recruitment is a must to advance the story or/and gain a perfect ending?

No, but each of the new generation NPCs has his/her own quest that only works if you take them along (e.g. if you want to visit Underdark again, you need l'Uriet)

2. Any plans to make a walkthrough or a hint book? With both BG2 and BG2 areas it is easy to get lost. Maybe expand a bit the player's journey regarding what one should do.

Not by me (although I may publish my original script book for the mod). The hints to follow the main plot should be clear enough, besides it is up to the player to re-visit whichever old areas you want (maybe you can do some quest you left earlier in the game?)

3. Any romances for a male PC? Namely I noticed that I can flirt with Leyala and even got the option for some early "hot encounter". If she is romanceable then does she require some specific quests to move on with her romance or it progresses as the main plot goes forward?

Not any full developped romance by the new NPCs (yet - I may do that at a later stage, provided there is some interest in it) The new ones will be more iactive among themselves in various constellations (e.g.Izzy and Giran, Leyala and Melicamp, l'Uriet with any male except PC). There are still those NPCs available for you that had ToB romance contents, were not killed before and have not pecome plot persons in RtF (e.g.Viconia)

Edited by Roxanne, 08 August 2015 - 09:24 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#509 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:40 AM

Ah...could it be a town with a priest of Tempus that says something about a mysterious substance? I got said substance btw and its description says I should take it to Thanthyr but he does not touch the topic when I talk to him. Also many doors in said area despite being "openable" cannot be entered. Is that normal?

And the Sune temple could it be where I meet Melicamp again? The place with some demons running around? With no signs indicating the place I kinda need to guess sometimes where am I.

As for romance stuff for new characters with my PC I'm all for it and I would REALLY look forward to it. My main choice-for males as that is the gender I'm playing in my 1st run- would be Leyala since she seems to have the strongest connection out of the new characters to the PC and because I generally like chars like her. Besides it would be nice how the PC sees his new faith that he basically established and what attracted her to join said faith plus maybe some ideological discussions on how this and that is viewed. Monks are my favorite class btw. After her I think it might be L'Urieet Yantyrr as she got a rather strong connection with the PC by being connected to the whole kids of Bhaal stuff even if she is the daughter of a bhaalspawn rather than a direct kid of Bhaal. It got potential too on how they both live by rejecting Bhaal's way despite their connection to him. As for Izzy she is very sweet but it might be hard to see her more as a sister due her "sisterish" behavior. She is still a great addition to my party and as cool as her badass mom^^

Edited by Samriel, 09 August 2015 - 12:42 AM.

#510 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:17 AM

Ah...could it be a town with a priest of Tempus that says something about a mysterious substance? I got said substance btw and its description says I should take it to Thanthyr but he does not touch the topic when I talk to him. Also many doors in said area despite being "openable" cannot be entered. Is that normal?

That is NE Waterdeep, explore it for the inn and overland shop, more things will happen here as the plot continues.

Spoiler

And the Sune temple could it be where I meet Melicamp again? The place with some demons running around? With no signs indicating the place I kinda need to guess sometimes where am I.

Yes - it has one exit to Waterdeep NE and one on the other end to move on to Hornswamp. No, they did not put up street signs in the Hornswamp Passage, obviously.

PS The demons are from Melicamp's failed experiments (once again).

As for romance stuff for new characters with my PC I'm all for it and I would REALLY look forward to it. My main choice-for males as that is the gender I'm playing in my 1st run- would be Leyala since she seems to have the strongest connection out of the new characters to the PC and because I generally like chars like her. Besides it would be nice how the PC sees his new faith that he basically established and what attracted her to join said faith plus maybe some ideological discussions on how this and that is viewed. Monks are my favorite class btw. After her I think it might be L'Urieet Yantyrr as she got a rather strong connection with the PC by being connected to the whole kids of Bhaal stuff even if she is the daughter of a bhaalspawn rather than a direct kid of Bhaal. It got potential too on how they both live by rejecting Bhaal's way despite their connection to him. As for Izzy she is very sweet but it might be hard to see her more as a sister due her "sisterish" behavior. She is still a great addition to my party and as cool as her badass mom^^

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 09 August 2015 - 01:19 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#511 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:55 AM

Some questions again^^

You can visit BG1, BG2, ToB and new areas, ask Sandrah for some hints. You will discover the travel options while playing, actually finding your way is part of the initial plot - just like finding your new party members. The maps will be revealed again like in a new game (you need to discover most of the map again - no wonder after all that time?)

Depends which starting location you choose.

Spoiler

This is a bit dependent on your computer and the installation you have. The transition from ToB to RtF takes a bit of time (just like the transition from BG1 to BG2 via BGT) In both cases just wait a minute or so until the system finished. (I am considering to maybe have a movie scene or something similar for that period but I am not sure whether that improves or worsens things).

*mess up*??? The issue is a bit of stuttering but you should be able to move and explore the chests and such.??

Update

Found and removed a source for initial stuttering at RtF start. Added Hotfix HF17 to the hotfixes download page.

The Sandrah Saga

#512 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:14 AM

Nice!

Too bad that I have to leave now for a few weeks on holidays and can't carry my PC:( I'll check all those new hotfixes once I'm back^^

And still looking forward to those romances!! :)

Edited by Samriel, 09 August 2015 - 06:15 AM.

#513 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:39 AM

Nice!

Too bad that I have to leave now for a few weeks on holidays and can't carry my PC:( I'll check all those new hotfixes once I'm back^^

And still looking forward to those romances!! :)

Sorry, I only said the topics you had in mind are adressed but I did not say those were necessarily in the context of romances. Anyway, go ahead and see yourself.

The Sandrah Saga

#514 Valikdu

Valikdu
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:03 AM

Could you split the crossmod component into different components for different mods?

I don't want to deal with Dark Horizons' overpowered Section agents and their bad dialogues. And TDD is interfering with NEJ2 components which I want to have. So, I'd like to not have to install these mods, but I have to if I'm to have any crossmod content at all...

Also, could you rename "consistent Imoen" as "consistent mage Imoen"? It sort of causes confusion. And maybe spilt the her new portrait into an additional component, because that's a really good portrait.

Edited by Valikdu, 10 August 2015 - 07:04 AM.

#515 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:30 AM

Could you split the crossmod component into different components for different mods?

This is the case already, except for those that are explicitly required for Sandrah to work at all-

I don't want to deal with Dark Horizons' overpowered Section agents and their bad dialogues.

Dark horizons is not mandatory for Sandrah, if not installed you get *You can install and play Sandrah but you will loose significant contents. Best install missing mod before continuing Sandrah installation.*, which is just a hint but not stopping installation.

And TDD is interfering with NEJ2 components which I want to have. So, I'd like to not have to install these mods, but I have to if I'm to have any crossmod content at all...

TDD and thus Sandrah have no problems with components from NEJ2V691. I have the following installed without problem

~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91: v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional content for Part II (beta): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #8 // Frostbite Animation (Turns a big wyvern into the frost wyvern. You may install and uninstall this component at any moment in the game.): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #9 // Merchant League Bank (BGT required!): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #10 // More Items from BG1 (a component from BGT tweaks - BGT required!): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V694.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.94 (Patch)

Anything else from NEJ is per definition from the NEJ's author excluding Sandrah and other mega mods of BGT, you need either an installation to play NEJ or one to play the other version of the game. This is NEJ design, not mine.

Also, could you rename "consistent Imoen" as "consistent mage Imoen"? It sort of causes confusion. And maybe spilt the her new portrait into an additional component, because that's a really good portrait.

This is an issue for later considerations. Currently the mod is under test. It is not sure yet if ANY of the Imoen related contents will be available in further versions. For many players Imoen is a sacred cow not to be touched, which of course would make the new contents obsolete.

The Sandrah Saga

#516 Valikdu

Valikdu
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:46 AM

I'm not sure why, but the BWS installer thinks that, for example, Dark Horizons is mandatory for the world map component. And the "creatures and items" component requires Bonehill (although that's ok, as Bonehill isn't thrust in your face like Horizons).

#517 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:09 AM

I'm not sure why, but the BWS installer thinks that, for example, Dark Horizons is mandatory for the world map component. And the "creatures and items" component requires Bonehill (although that's ok, as Bonehill isn't thrust in your face like Horizons).

Well, this is a BWS issue rather than Sandrah's fault. Anyway, even if you would install it, does not mean you have to do the quest. Same is true for Bone Hill, you will just loose some contents but nothing that breaks the main plot.

The Sandrah Saga

#518 Valikdu

Valikdu
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:52 AM

Um... Horizons puts overleveled assassins armed with ToB gear into the main plot places (like the road to Beregost, or the Nashkel mines, and more). Even if you don't want to do it, it will do you.

#519 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:06 AM

Um... Horizons puts overleveled assassins armed with ToB gear into the main plot places (like the road to Beregost, or the Nashkel mines, and more). Even if you don't want to do it, it will do you.

I see - I was never checking which mod puts them there, I never saw them as a problem. Nevertheless Sandrah does not require horizons to be installed (it only recommends it as some interactions with Jen'lig and Sandrah are provided). Why BWS insists on Dark Horizons I cannot answer.

Edited by Roxanne, 10 August 2015 - 11:37 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#520 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:27 PM

New Version for the mod uploaded, Version 1.07b

Complete update of SandrahNPC + RtF

Change Log V1.07

Contents

-Sandrah and the Evil Prince(ss) - Sandrah can now join with Evil PC (HF04 allows you to do this already) Now the full version adds quest and dialogue options specific for an evil PC character(= Evil by game rules and society view, not evil by your conduct in game)

- Improved Joia dance ring mini quest (available as HF08 for v1.06)

- Sandrah first kiss and Imoen reaction refined
- Extended crossmod for *Alternatives* with Malficus option

- Sandrah and Jen'lig do react subtle to reputation changes and do not just leave (available as HF01 hotfix for 1.06)

- PID options for return from Waterdeep if spell fails under certain condition (early version available as HF06 hotfix for 1.06)

- Add more NPC options for ToB to RtF transition

- Sandrah/PC relationship is not always smooth, more chances for disagreement between her and PC, several breakpoints for relationship installed (objecting to her views is encouraged, provided you treat her with respect)

Fixes

- Alzaligrundel is not hostile, you can negotiate for the quest, solved incompability with SCS smarter Abazigal (available as HF14 for v1.06)

- Sandrah item display and description tuned (available as HF05 for v1.06)

- Fishermen do not get hostile after Mystra intervention

- Second Salvanas encounter corrected

- Improved trigger in Gullykin orc cave for Rellruck (available as HF15 for v1.06)

- Ringothal dialogues fire in SoA and ToB. (available as HF10 for v1.06)

- Possible dialogue misfire for Naronguth's Return eliminated
- Prevent double appearance of Elminster's shard in Naronguth quests
- Sandrah's items do not appear more than once in the game when she drops stuff because of *Inventory Full* condition (available as HF02 hotfix for 1.06)

- Trigger added for Jen'lig vs Tazok encounter in case of direct Bandit Camp attack by party.(available as HF16 hotfix for v1.06)

- Remove stutter at RtF start sequence (available as HF17 hotfix for v1.06)

Installation Improvements

- Full Integration with BP-BGT Huge Worldmap
- Check for Dauron added
- Check for Solaufein Banterfile added

Improved Compatibility
- Unshee Ogre episode adjusted for item revision mods
- Adjusted Sandrah banter triggers for different starting locations of Kivan, Ajantis, Safana and Viconia caused by some other mods
- Made duergar at friendly arm compatible with creature revision mods (available as HF03 for 1.06)
- Corrected issue with Imoen DV in Tarnesh episode

- Fix for technical incompability with "Turnaround" mod and Nephele ToB problem. (available as HF09 for v1.06)

- Resolve further incompatability issues between Sandrah/Longer Road/Turnaround 
- Protected some common items used in Sandrah quests against displacement and removal from some other mods
- Correction of some Drizzt dialogue references in RoT (early version available as HF07 hotfix for 1.06)

- Possible missing item in final Legencase quest fix  (early version available as HF11 hotfix for v1.06)

- De-assigned default script from Quilandrah (early version available as HF13 hotfix for v1.06)

The Sandrah Saga