Photo

[closed]

• Please log in to reply
1187 replies to this topic

#561 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:19 AM

More of a 'Where does someone answer me'?  and I'll start.

Or I'll just kick start Furlon's dialogue to get me going.

#562 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:03 AM

More of a 'Where does someone answer me'?  and I'll start.

Or I'll just kick start Furlon's dialogue to get me going.

Did you encounter any of the bookhunter attacks yet?

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#563 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:13 AM

Not 100% sure.

The Storm Lords kicked up a fuss but let me punch them to death without response.

#564 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:24 AM

Not 100% sure.

There are several encounters and several reactions from Sandrah afterwards. How much do you know about the booklet that you received in Waterdeep already?

The Storm Lords kicked up a fuss but let me punch them to death without response.

This is again not very precise - there are numerous confrontations with the Storm Lord's followers - depends on why they appeared, e.g. the fishermen and Tenja or the Chainmail you found south of the Stormhorns (just to mention a few).

The Sandrah Saga

#565 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:32 AM

not a lot really.

got ambushed by the stormlords a few times. last was the temple in Athkatla

#566 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:15 AM

not a lot really.

got ambushed by the stormlords a few times. last was the temple in Athkatla

Sounds to me like another of those cases where one of those creature/script revision mods has tweaked the installation. I am currently working on protecting my creatures against those manipulations.

Thanks for pointing this issue out.

The Sandrah Saga

#567 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:55 AM

considering the scope of your mod it's a rather large job.

#568 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:13 AM

This particular issue is fixed with HF23

The Sandrah Saga

#569 -salvador-

-salvador-

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:41 PM

So, when I rescue Viconia, Sandrah says something about having an obligation to help her, Viconia says there will be more of them on the way, the dialogue ends, Sandrah leaves the party and bolts. When I talk to Viconia again, she says the same phrase and leaves again.

This is not the intended behaviour I presume?

#570 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:42 PM

So, when I rescue Viconia, Sandrah says something about having an obligation to help her, Viconia says there will be more of them on the way, the dialogue ends, Sandrah leaves the party and bolts. When I talk to Viconia again, she says the same phrase and leaves again.

No it is not

Sandrah will say  "We have an obligation here to help her, <CHARNAME>. If you rescue somebody's life you have a responsibility to give that one a chance to find a way to continue." and you will receive 300XP for the rescue.

and that is all from the Sandrah mod here. (A simple INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS leading back to Viconia's next line in talk)

Is there another NPC adding a comment maybe? Or another mod interjecting incorrectly?

Maybe you could post your BGViconi.d here??

Just extract and run attached.bat in your BGII folder - it should create a BGVicon.D file that you can upload

The Sandrah Saga

#571 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:43 PM

No it is not

Sandrah will say  "We have an obligation here to help her, <CHARNAME>. If you rescue somebody's life you have a responsibility to give that one a chance to find a way to continue." and you will receive 300XP for the rescue.

and that is all from the Sandrah mod here. (A simple INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS leading back to Viconia's next line in talk)

Is there another NPC adding a comment maybe? Or another mod interjecting incorrectly?

Maybe you could post your BGViconi.d here??

Just extract and run attached.bat in your BGII folder - it should create a BGVicon.D file that you can upload

PS

The issue may be related to this problem http://www.shsforums...her-own-accord/

What is your reputation when you meet Viconia?

Edited by Roxanne, 03 September 2015 - 12:55 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#572 -salvador-

-salvador-

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:00 AM

What is your reputation when you meet Viconia?

It's 12, I think.

Haven't checked the dialogue yet, will do a bit later.

#573 -salvador-

-salvador-

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:07 PM

Right, here's the dialogue: http://pastebin.com/VAkf9zy9

Personally, I don't see anything suspicious in it.

#574 -salvador-

-salvador-

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:16 PM

OK, I've studied the script and found a workaround. Viconia left because my protag has really low CHA due to failed reaction check. Why Sandrah bolts in this case - I don't know, but I did the whole dialogue with Sandrah and Viconia joined successfully.

#575 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:56 PM

OK, I've studied the script and found a workaround. Viconia left because my protag has really low CHA due to failed reaction check. Why Sandrah bolts in this case - I don't know, but I did the whole dialogue with Sandrah and Viconia joined successfully.

Thanks for your help. I have added the low reputation case to Sandrah/Viconia meeting now (it was left out previously as Sandrah was not joining an evil/low rep party herself - that was changed recently but I forgot to adjust the Viconia meeting accordingly).

Added a hotfix for it

http://www.shsforums...c-rtf-hotfixes/ HF24

The Sandrah Saga

#576 FenrirKenway

FenrirKenway
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:23 AM

I think there is a problem with bags of holding in general(scroll case, ammo belts, bags ecc ecc). I don't know if it's only me but it seems like, for some reason, Sandrah makes the game stutter when i have any kind of bag of holding in the inventory. Maybe because the inventory is continuously checked and there is some problem in doing it when things are in the bags? I know it's a problem that's also found in another kind of mods that make the game continuously check the inventory in search for some items.

I know it's this mod because the stutter ended when i CTRL+Y Sandrah

Not a great problem since i also have installed the mule, i just hope the mod will not check it too for items, gonna try that later

Edited by FenrirKenway, 04 September 2015 - 07:26 AM.

#577 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:44 AM

I think there is a problem with bags of holding in general(scroll case, ammo belts, bags ecc ecc). I don't know if it's only me but it seems like, for some reason, Sandrah makes the game stutter when i have any kind of bag of holding in the inventory. Maybe because the inventory is continuously checked and there is some problem in doing it when things are in the bags? I know it's a problem that's also found in another kind of mods that make the game continuously check the inventory in search for some items.

I know it's this mod because the stutter ended when i CTRL+Y Sandrah

Not a great problem since i also have installed the mule, i just hope the mod will not check it too for items, gonna try that later

1. The mule is not checked by any mod that looks for items - see readme of mule mod - BUT items in the mules stores (that is what they are, the mule does not use containers) are not found as party owned, i.e. you have to take them from the mule and give them to a party member for the situations required.

2. I tried to keep Sandrah's search for items in inventory to the absolute minimum, rather setting a global once the party found a crucial item (for the reasons described in your post). It may be that her script is searching for something that should be there (after a quest or in a certain area) but is not. It would be helpful if you could give a bit more detail about the situation when that stuttering started. I am currently finding problems with some item randomizer mods that displace certain items used by the mod - maybe you have installed one of those?

Edited by Roxanne, 04 September 2015 - 07:46 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#578 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:57 AM

Getting a lot of ctd/assertion failed since picking up Drizzt. Got a feeling it's his +5 sword(shield hand) going by the forums. Did manage to get into Nine Hells but he high tailed it cause I didn't take his friend. Could I keep on going or did I sacrafice a previous NPC for no reason?

#579 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:01 AM

I've maxed out a bag of holding, potion case, ammo belt and a jewel case with no slow downs. Just finally had to sell some stuff.....

#580 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:09 AM

Getting a lot of ctd/assertion failed since picking up Drizzt. Got a feeling it's his +5 sword(shield hand) going by the forums. Did manage to get into Nine Hells but he high tailed it cause I didn't take his friend. Could I keep on going or did I sacrafice a previous NPC for no reason?

This may be the issue here http://www.shsforums...-38#entry580799

The Sandrah Saga