Photo

BG1 NPC Project mod - Multiple Warnings and Errors

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:20 AM

I noticed a lot of errors and warnings appear during the installation of BG1 NPC Project for BG1EE via the BWS. Since the mod has various authors, I'm not sure who to contact to inquire about it. Here's my BWS Install Debug to see what I mean:

Attached File  BiG World Install Debug.zip   38.24K   163 downloads

#2 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:56 AM

BG1NPC is hosted at G3 and has a forum where you can report bugs.  I believe there's a pinned topic for reporting bugs in v21.

#3 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:49 AM

Thank you, your report was noticed, I'll link to this thread in the workroom.
In short: bg1npc project v21_20150320 on BG:EE
[action 170 list near line 511, column of tb#_compile_eval_buffer/BG1NPC/Phase2/dlg/x#dynaquest.d] PARSE WARNING at line 511 column 1-33
Near Text: %BGEEDynaheirEraseJournalEntries%
syntax error
WARNING: cannot verify action ~%BGEEDynaheirEraseJournalEntries% ActionOverride("Minsc",DialogueInterrupt(TRUE)) ActionOverride("minsc",JoinParty()) ActionOverride("dynaheir",JoinParty())~: Parsing.Parse_error

[action 170 list near line 512, column of tb#_compile_eval_buffer/BG1NPC/Phase2/dlg/x#dynaquest.d] PARSE WARNING at line 512 column 1-33
syntax error
WARNING: cannot verify action ~%BGEEDynaheirEraseJournalEntries% ActionOverride("Minsc",DialogueInterrupt(TRUE)) ActionOverride("minsc",JoinParty()) ActionOverride("dynaheir",JoinParty())~: Parsing.Parse_error

[action 170 list near line 513, column of tb#_compile_eval_buffer/BG1NPC/Phase2/dlg/x#dynaquest.d] PARSE WARNING at line 513 column 1-33
syntax error

(....)

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues

C:\Games\Baldur's Gate Saga (EE)\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition>The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications (BG1 NPC Project) was installed successfully.

WARNING: REPLACE specifies no WEIGHT for state 16 and DLG uses non-trivial weights. Using weight from DLG (4). [4]
The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections (BG1 NPC Project) was installed with warnings.
The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues (BG1 NPC Project) was installed successfully.

#4 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:47 AM

Thank you, your report was noticed, I'll link to this thread in the workroom.

No prob! =)

Thank you for saving me the trouble of having to create an account on G3 in order to report it :D

#5 AstroBryGuy

AstroBryGuy
  • Modder
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:26 PM

Arghh... BG1NPC adds the possibility of keeping both Edwin and Dynaheir, but that new dialog option was not cleaning up the Rescue/Kill Dynaheir quests in BGEE. I'd added a variable to add the needed EraseJournalEntry() commands on BGEE and then somehow moved the variable declaration statement to be *after* x#dynaquest.d was compiled. *doh!*  :doh:

I've uploaded a fix to GitHub. BWS appears to be grabbing the latest "work-in-progress" from GitHub, since your log notes version 20150320 (the official v21 release is dated 20150210). The fix is in the current "work-in-progress" at https://github.com/A...hive/master.zip