mod npc djinni bg2 bg2ee

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#61 psychlopes

psychlopes
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:24 AM

hello,

Afaaq failed to install in my latest big world install.

BG and BG2 GOG version

windows 7 64

Attached Files

#62 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:57 AM

@Shaitan
I've reproduced the Nishruu attack in my game installation, but haven't noticed anything unusual? Do you have selected Afaaq's active combat script? With his passive and semi-passive scripts he doesn't actively attack opponents. Unless the Nishruu has been improved by some mod, its attack shouldn't affect Afaaq's ability to talk as well. You should only see a decline in his memorized spells, that will be restored after a rest.

Another issue: I had Afaaq take a lot of damage from a Marilith, but he stayed near dead thou he was taking a lot of poison damage.

Periodic poison damage has a chance to interrupt his death scripts. Have you tried to fix it with his dialog option "You are behaving oddly. Care to fix it?"? If it doesn't work, can you attach your save? I'd like to take a look.

@psychlopes
For whatever reasons, WeiDU can't find the height map resource (AR2200HT.BMP) for the Ust Natha map. My guess is that your game installation is either incomplete, your baldur.ini contains incorrect path entries or one of the previously installed mods has corrupted your chitin.key or the relevant BIFF file.

Can you find the file AREA2200.BIF in your "data" subfolder of the game? Can you open the file AR2200HT.BMP (or any of the other map related files: AR2200.ARE, AR2200LM.BMP, AR2200SR.BMP, AR2200.MOS, AR2200.TIS and AR2200.WED) manually in Near Infinity?

Edited by Argent77, 04 November 2015 - 03:00 AM.

#63 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 03:32 AM

@Shaitan
I've reproduced the Nishruu attack in my game installation, but haven't noticed anything unusual? Do you have selected Afaaq's active combat script? With his passive and semi-passive scripts he doesn't actively attack opponents. Unless the Nishruu has been improved by some mod, its attack shouldn't affect Afaaq's ability to talk as well. You should only see a decline in his memorized spells, that will be restored after a rest.

Another issue: I had Afaaq take a lot of damage from a Marilith, but he stayed near dead thou he was taking a lot of poison damage.

Periodic poison damage has a chance to interrupt his death scripts. Have you tried to fix it with his dialog option "You are behaving oddly. Care to fix it?"? If it doesn't work, can you attach your save? I'd like to take a look.

Regarding the Nishruu it should only be modified by Spell Revision (perhaps also by SCS). I had his passive combatscript active, but the issue also made him act as if he was forzen, ie I couldn't even move him.

Regarding the poisondamage: I didn't think of the dialogue option - will try next time. And I was clumsy, so no savegames :crying:

Will be better regarding saves from now on.

#64 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:01 AM

Spell Revision appears to give Nishruus the feeblemind ability. This might have been the case with Afaaq. Since he isn't a regular party member, you can't see his portrait icons or inspect his record screen. Afaaq is immune to all kinds of lethal spell effects, which doesn't include feeblemindedness however.

Edited by Argent77, 04 November 2015 - 05:03 AM.

#65 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:08 AM

Hmm yeah, that might be it. Thanks for looking into it so fast.

Cheers

#66 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:26 AM

Update: Afaaq, the Djinni Companion v1.7

Changes in v1.7:

• Fixed an incompatibility with Spell Revisions which prevented the completion of the Dao Trademeet quest.
  • Afaaq's Wish-granting ability improves after successfully solving the ToB quest.
  • Added new innate ability "Transfer Knowledge" to Afaaq, which raises the Lore skill of a character for a short span of time.
  • Added a new journal entry to Afaaq's Underdark quest after talking to certain drow citizens or listening to the local rumors, which should give you more hints about how to complete it successfully.
  • Several more minor fixes and adjustments.

#67 psychlopes

psychlopes
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:52 AM

@Shaitan

@psychlopes
For whatever reasons, WeiDU can't find the height map resource (AR2200HT.BMP) for the Ust Natha map. My guess is that your game installation is either incomplete, your baldur.ini contains incorrect path entries or one of the previously installed mods has corrupted your chitin.key or the relevant BIFF file.

Can you find the file AREA2200.BIF in your "data" subfolder of the game? Can you open the file AR2200HT.BMP (or any of the other map related files: AR2200.ARE, AR2200LM.BMP, AR2200SR.BMP, AR2200.MOS, AR2200.TIS and AR2200.WED) manually in Near Infinity?

hello,

yes. All these files you mentioned I can open in near infinity, however, area2200.BIF is not in the DATA folder.

Attached Files

#68 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:21 AM

From what I've seen in the .DEBUG file, WeiDU looks for AREA2200.BIF in "data/", "data/data/" and "cache/data/", provided your game installation path is still "C:\mygamesmyway\hopeitworks\Baldurs Gate II\". If the file is not in one of these subfolders, then you have to update the paths in your baldur.ini. Where can you find the AREA2200.BIF in your installation?

#69 psychlopes

psychlopes
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:23 AM

actually it is in data/data  

C:\mygamesmyway\hopeitworks\Baldurs Gate II\data\Data

#70 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:05 AM

actually it is in data/data  
C:\mygamesmyway\hopeitworks\Baldurs Gate II\data\Data
What does the baldur.ini file say the game path to be ? Aka, open the file in your game folder with a text editor like the Notepad and copy paste the lines under the [Alias] -header, there should be anything between 3 to 7 lines.

Edit, why attach the file when you could just ... anyways, here's the answer for what I was asking for:
[Alias]
HD0:=C:\mygamesmyway\hopeitworks\Baldurs Gate II\
CD1:=C:\mygamesmyway\hopeitworks\Baldurs Gate II\data\
CD2:=C:\mygamesmyway\hopeitworks\Baldurs Gate II\data\
CD3:=C:\mygamesmyway\hopeitworks\Baldurs Gate II\data\
CD4:=C:\mygamesmyway\hopeitworks\Baldurs Gate II\data\
CD5:=C:\mygamesmyway\hopeitworks\Baldurs Gate II\data\
CD6:=C:\mygamesmyway\hopeitworks\Baldurs Gate II\data\
@Argent77: Yes, that's the normal setup for the GOG BG2 game, and you read that right, they included a supposed "CD6" that actually doesn't exist in BG2, the BG1 does have it, but... :devil:

Edited by The Imp, 06 November 2015 - 11:57 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#71 psychlopes

psychlopes
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 11:33 AM

here you go

Attached Files

#72 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:22 PM

@psychlopes: I don't see anything unusual in your baldur.ini. It might have been a random issue with WeiDU or the BWS/BWP script. Can you install the mod again? If it still doesn't work, then you could unpack the attached zip file into the game's override folder and try again. It contains the height, search and light maps for map AR2200. I can't provide you the remaining map files, as they might have been modified by your game installation.

Attached File  ar2200_bitmaps.zip   24.97K   222 downloads

@Imp: From what I've gathered by browsing through the bgmain.exe, baldur.ini may contain entries from CD0 up to CD7, so CD6 is still within the range.

#73 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:49 PM

Going off topic... and I am really good at it. :devil:
@Imp: From what I've gathered by browsing through the bgmain.exe, baldur.ini may contain entries from CD0 up to CD7, so CD6 is still within the range.
I would bet a large chunk of my friends :devil: ... on the fact that it was done without knowing how much space the game would need, so they programmed the .exe to have plenty, say 8 CDs worth, that being a "good amount", in a bit world, and then they just didn't remove the extras, cause why would they. The fact still remains, the original BG2 didn't have a CD6 .. cause there's only the SoA(4CDs) + ToB version(1CD), so having the extra doesn't make any sense.

Edited by The Imp, 06 November 2015 - 05:51 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#74 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:15 AM

Who knows? Maybe those 4 or 5 CDs remained after cutting unfinished content... :whistling:

#75 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:12 AM

Who knows? Maybe those 4 or 5 CDs remained after cutting unfinished content... :whistling:

Yeah, but what kind of CDs were they cutting in the GOG release ? :ROFL: And they ended up making it DVD type all in download anyways, so where did the CD6 came from ? -cause it never even existed.

K, back to teh original subject. :shifty:

#76 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:06 PM

Update: Afaaq, the Djinni Companion v2.0

The Djinni Companion is now available for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition!

Changes in v2.0:
  • Added Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition support:
    • Allows to install the "Light Version" of the Djinni Companion in IWD:EE.
    • The djinni can be "acquired" somewhere in Dragon's Eye. (More info in the FAQ section of the Readme.)
    • Provides two opportunities to improve Afaaq's powers (first option available while following the HoW main quest, second option somewhere in Lower Dorn's Deep).
  • Added a dialog options that allow Afaaq to drink potions of various types in addition to healing potions.
  • Added dialog options for Afaaq to keep himself constantly hasted in ToB.
  • Made Afaaq immune to curse effect.
  • Fixed several bugs.

Edited by Argent77, 10 December 2015 - 01:06 PM.

#77 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:56 AM

Update: Afaaq, the Djinni Companion v2.1

Changes in v2.1:
  • Added a simple storyline to the IWD:EE version of the djinni, which mainly consists of a number of challenging battles.
  • Added a "Tweaks" subcomponent which allows you to disable the storyline in IWD:EE.
  • Added the djinni to a new HoW-only game in IWD:EE.

Edited by Argent77, 16 December 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#78 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:40 AM

BWS update:

* Added Djinni Companion mod to selection for IWD:EE (with appropriate dependencies rules) including new optional component #400 (disable IWD:EE quest)
* IWD:EE - Corrected dependencies for Djinni Companion (thanks Argent77!) and removed banter components from selection (not for IWD:EE)

Edited by agb1, 16 December 2015 - 01:06 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#79 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:44 PM

Thanks.

A few dependency corrections:
- Components 101..105 (Banter Accelerator for the djinni) and component 200 (Remove Afaaq's banter soundtrack) depend on component 0 (Djinni Companion - Full Version), which is not available for IWD:EE.
- Component 400 (Disable IWD:EE Quest) depends on component 2 (Djinni Companion - IWD:EE version).

Edited by Argent77, 16 December 2015 - 12:49 PM.

#80 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:05 PM

Fixed.  Thanks.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mod, npc, djinni, bg2, bg2ee