Photo

Is there any fix to uneven distribution of xp between party members?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:26 AM

I believed there was such component in TobEx, but now I studied list of TobEx functions and found out there's none. Still, I remember reading few years ago that someone fixed this issue, so if not TobEx, then what mod does fix it? Or did my memory betrays me and there's no fix for it until now?

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:59 AM

The ToBEx has a fix that fixes the reported sums, to be what they are actually and a fix that removes the ~10% increase to the sets within the game files.

The only way to actually fix the XP distribution is to multiply everyone of them with number 60, as that's the minimum number that is dividable with 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, aka the options of how many party members the game can have. :P

Don't forget to also multiply the xplevel.2da's numbers with the 60*

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

The ToBEx has a fix that fixes the reported sums, to be what they are actually and a fix that removes the ~10% increase to the sets within the game files.
The only way to actually fix the XP distribution is to multiply everyone of them with number 60, as that's the minimum number that is dividable with 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, aka the options of how many party members the game can have. :P
Don't forget to also multiply the xplevel.2da's numbers with the 60*
Thanks Jarno! Yeah I know about that 10% removal, but frankly it bothers me far less than that my Player1 got 88k of experience while Player6 got only 86k :)
It's sad there's no readily available option, I was hoping TobEx could have done some magic like storing fractions of experience and assigning them to characters in some clever way. Well, no luck then :)

Edited by Creepin, 01 May 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#4 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:56 AM

This tweak should be good enough if you are playing with party of 6 and all you want is equal XP for each party member:

Party XP for quests distributed individually

Compatibility: BG2, Tutu, BGT, CA, IWD-in-BG2, BG:EE, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, EET

You think that you are really good player because you were able to solo the game? I thought so too until I played Black Pits 2 solo which has different XP reward system than vanilla game - each party member receives XP individually, which means you are not rewarded with more XP if you have smaller party. This tweak does exactly the same thing but for whole BG saga (also affects mods). I highly recommend it (together with reducing XP for creatures that still adds XP to whole party) for veterans as it truly offers hardcore solo or smaller party challenge. Total XP pool is not changed by this tweak (excluding integer rounding), so if you are playing with party of 6 you won't notice any difference in your game because all party members will receive their XP.

It's part of the unreleased mod called EET_Tweaks that you can download here. During installation you will be informed exactly what and how it changes the values. Check the included readme for more XP related tweaks.

You can delete whole EET folder as it is separate mod for BG2:EE (that's right, unless you want to download each file separately related only to EET_Tweaks you are forced to download hundrets MB of useless data :P - for now that is). Obviously if you are playing with smaller party than you will receive less total XP.

edit: here is the readme in case you want to check what this mod has to offer before downloading: https://www.sendspace.com/file/7cisa2

Edited by K4thos, 01 May 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#5 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:44 PM

Here's the EET_Tweaks package alone to download as ~13MB package, by K4thos too.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#6 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:27 PM

Thank you K4thos, that is a nice mod, but it won't fix my problem, because quest rewards are not constitutes even 5% of all cases when you're awarded with xp, considering each single monster slain as such case :(

#7 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

If you wanted to mod this yourself, could you

- set all CREs' xp when killed to 0

- have a CRE's script to award [PC(1-6)] Z xp upon death

I dunno.  I'm new at this.

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

In principle yes, in practice, that's a whole lots of a messy things to cheese with.