Photo

TS 7.04 installation issue on BW 15.02

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Helborn

Helborn
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:58 AM

I'm using the BW Installpack 15.02. I have all sorts of issues that I am working through but TS 7.04 consistently gives me the following (whether I use individual or basic install):

[./override/Minsc.bcs] loaded, 32364 bytes
[TS/mess/noNeJ/o1Minsc.bcs] loaded, 664 bytes
[TS/mess/noNeJ/n1Minsc.bcs] loaded, 739 bytes
WARNING: cannot find block matching [TS/mess/noNeJ/o1Minsc.bcs]
[TS/mess/noNeJ/o2Minsc.bcs] loaded, 1444 bytes
[TS/mess/noNeJ/n2Minsc.bcs] loaded, 1519 bytes
WARNING: cannot find block matching [TS/mess/noNeJ/o2Minsc.bcs]
[TS/mess/noNeJ/o3Minsc.bcs] loaded, 1102 bytes
[TS/mess/noNeJ/n3Minsc.bcs] loaded, 1177 bytes
WARNING: cannot find block matching [TS/mess/noNeJ/o3Minsc.bcs]
override/Minsc.bcs copied to TS/backup/0/Minsc.bcs, 32364 bytes
Copied [Minsc.bcs] to [override/Minsc.bcs]

This comes from the following block in the tp2:

COPY_EXISTING ~Minsc.bcs~ ~override/Minsc.bcs~
        REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~TS/mess/NeJ/o1Minsc.bcs~ ~TS/mess/NeJ/n1Minsc.bcs~
        REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~TS/mess/NeJ/o2Minsc.bcs~ ~TS/mess/NeJ/n2Minsc.bcs~
        REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~TS/mess/NeJ/o3Minsc.bcs~ ~TS/mess/NeJ/n3Minsc.bcs~

Am I missing something or does this code never actually update minsc.bcs?  And, if it doesn't, how does minsc.bcs get updated?  I'd ask at BWL but since this is a Big World install, he usually won't answer.

When I run change_log on minsc.bcs, I get 0 files. The same thing happens when I run it on Edwin.bcs where the tp2 block runs successfully.

What am I missing?

Attached Files

#2 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:01 PM

TS uses the file Bag02NeJ.itm to detect if NEJ is installed. Apparently for some reason you have this file Bag02NeJ.itm in your game and thus TS installs the files from the folder .\TS\mess\NeJ instead from the folder .\TS\mess\noNeJ. Deleting the file Bag02NeJ.itm should do the trick.

#3 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:23 AM

Uhm, how about a changlog?
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:47 AM

Uhm, how about a changlog?

There's no need as Helborn could just delete the Bag02NeJ.itm temporary from the override folder, until the TS has been installed and then pause and then undelete it, so it's still there after the TS. Unless the TS adds it ... which is unlikely.

Edited by The Imp, 17 May 2015 - 02:47 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:25 AM

Aren't you curious if something (for whatever reason that would be) installed Bag02NeJ.itm?
Although I'd also guess that this is a leftover from an unclean uninstall.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#6 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:47 AM

Aren't you curious if something (for whatever reason that would be) installed Bag02NeJ.itm?
Although I'd also guess that this is a leftover from an unclean uninstall.

The weidu.exe's change-log couldn't log the adding of files last time I checked, just edits... it was in v23600 then, but I haven't seen Wisp saying that he has yet fixed it yet... he did say that he intends to, but I would assume that it's going to take it's time as it's not really as simple as we hope it to be. 

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 Helborn

Helborn
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:41 PM

The changelog shows 0 files. That's why I didn't include it.

Sorry - my bad, the actual tp2 block is :

COPY_EXISTING ~Minsc.bcs~ ~override/Minsc.bcs~
            REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~TS/mess/noNeJ/o1Minsc.bcs~ ~TS/mess/noNeJ/n1Minsc.bcs~
            REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~TS/mess/noNeJ/o2Minsc.bcs~ ~TS/mess/noNeJ/n2Minsc.bcs~
            REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~TS/mess/noNeJ/o3Minsc.bcs~ ~TS/mess/noNeJ/n3Minsc.bcs~

I do not have bag02nej.itm in override. (tried to add a screenshot of the relevant section of override, but am not allowed)

OH, and I am doing a completely clean install every time.

Edited by Helborn, 18 May 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#8 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:47 AM

I performed several tests but I cannot reproduce your problem. However you better should not have NEJ in your game folder if you are not going to install this mod. There are several patches for NEJ in the Fixpack depending on the mods that are existing in your game folder. Maybe the file 03minsc.baf or o3Minsc.bcs was patched in a wrong way because of the existing NEJ3 folder.

#9 Helborn

Helborn
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:42 AM

Now that I have gotten the install to complete, the problem seems to have disappeared. Thanks for looking at it.   

$%^$%*  Gremlins