Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:45 AM

I got the following error while installing Big World Setup:

[Setup-LaViconia.exe] WeiDU version 23800
Using Language [English]

SKIPPING: [Portrait that matches Viconia's thief animation
(recolored hood)]
    This component requires the core content

C:\Games\BG2\BGT Super Instance>

Portrait that matches Viconia's thief animation (recolored hood) (La'Viconia) was skipped.

If a component was skipped during the install, this indicates a conflict or dependency that's still missing in the BWS. Either a similar component is already installed and thus this message is
harmless, or the component depends on a mod that's missing. If you don't want to continue after your analysis, you can stop the BiG World Setup now and resume from this point later.
Enter [c]ontinue or [e].

Enter [c]ontinue or [e].

Enter [c]ontinue or [e].

I hit c.  and I can hit c again.  The program keeps on Chugging and doesn't resolve.  I didn't get any warning flags earlier.  I'll try to install again without these components.

See installation choices in the attached ini.

#2 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:00 AM

The BWS loops until you type a c or an e into the inputbox that is highlighted and focused and press the button next to it. I don't know what happened there but it was not getting that response.
The translation for descriptions/keys/characters are ok and it works just fine here.
You could have exited and resumed here instead of reinstalling... (either by killing Autoit3.exe or using the TrayIcon to do so).

Edited by dabus, 16 May 2015 - 10:04 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#3 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:36 AM

Sorry, I forgot to attach the setup file.

I'm most concerned with

1.  Why I didn't get an incompatible flag earlier

2. Why the program hung here

Attached Files

#4 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

1. BWS has a ton of of connections (I'd roughly guess about 600, with lots of them being related to multiple mods/components) but it does not have all in there.
Your selection was to disable the main component and not being a thief, the thief animation does not make sense for Viconia.
The deletion may have been suggested by other conflicts.
2. Read above and I don't own nor can/want to debug that on your computer.

#5 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

I really appreciate your thoughtful response.  It takes a lot of effort and dedication to do so.  Thank you. 

For reference, I ran into another issue of when the program hangs:

ERROR: [AERIE6.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("Char.chr"))
ERROR: Invalid_argument("Char.chr")
Make Aerie a Fastpaws of Baervan Wildwanderer (Scales of Balance) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component
again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent
time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the
program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

In this case, hitting continue did nothing as it would just repeat those lines.  I waited an hour or so and hit c and this time it actually resumed.  I similarly have an issue where after you tell the program that you want to make a desktop icon, it also takes an enormously long time.  I'm just curious on the AutoIt programming because I don't know how to debug it and would like to help and assist.

#6 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:31 PM

http://dabus.bplaced.../12_process.au3 (out this one into the BiG World Setup directory)
http://dabus.bplaced...up_proctest.au3 (same folder)

Nothing gets overwritten, so you can delete the files later if you like.
You just get into that screen you're having problems with and have to press c or e to get out.
Remember that you you can just close the AutoIt3.exe if you can't get out of the program/script.

So to start, just drag the BWS_proctest.au3 file onto the AutoIt3.exe and post the output (is shown in a messagebox and gets pasted into clipboard)
Then start the AutoIt3 with right-click and give admin-rights, Open the test-file, see if it differs and post too.

Output should be like this:

Global:c|e
Localized:c|e
String:c
1: c == 99

So the allowed keys are shown, the keys in your language (so something like a "yes" as an answer can be [ Y ]es, [ S ]i, [ O ]ui, [ J ]a or something different.
The string shows your pressed button, followed by the splitted read text from the inputbox, represented by 1 character per line, showing number, character and ascii-code.

OS and codepage would be nice to know.
You're not one of those vm/emulator/wine-guys that found that something is bogging when you're not running a native windows or tries Windows 10?
And you're running as Admin in case you use Windows 8 and did not use the vbs to start the AutoIt3?
Unusual keyboards / layouts?

Edited by dabus, 16 May 2015 - 07:38 PM.

#7 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:01 PM

I'm the Administrator for my Windows7 PC.  I'll try this out when my Big World Setup finishes!  Thanks.