3 replies to this topic

#1 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:21 PM

Hello,

I just did a manual install of numerous mods to my BG2 SoA/ToB game, with the first mod being ToBEx Loader, and am now getting ready to start playing.

My BG2 game seems to start okay, but I am worried about eleven error messages that flash on my computer screen when ToBEx is starting up, and wanted to post the error messages here to find out if this is something I should be worried about, and if there was any way to fix the errors.

The error messages all seem to be about not finding some .2DA files (see the attached gif file).

Does anyone have advice/feedback on these errors, and possible fixes to them?

Attached Images

• ToB Extender Loader Errors.gif

"My wife says I have the body of a God - Buddha!"

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:57 PM

Those files are basically only needed for and enable a few tweaks.
Open the weidu.log file with Notepad and copy paste the text to a post.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:20 PM

For some reason, I was not able to copy/paste the contents of my weidu.log file in this reply, so have attached the file instead.

Also, in case it makes a difference, I actually did run one non-weidu file before installing ToBEx.  That one file was the Big World Fixpack v15.  (I've also attached a rich text file showing the install order of my mods, and which versions of each mod were used.) 

Attached Files

#4 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:31 AM

May have found a possible fix to the ToBEx init file not found errors in my latest Windows 7 modded BG2 game install.

What I did was to copy each of the eleven "missing" files into my BG2 override folder from the folder named

C:\BG2\Black isle\BGII - SoA\ToBEx\ToBEx_redist

This successfully eliminated all of the ToBEx init errors at game start, so I will now begin a new BG2 SoA game and check if it works properly.