Photo

just a few

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 06:55 PM

I am very new to Weidu etc.  I only want a certain few new animations in my mod.  Just let me know if I'm on the correct path to understanding:

1.  hack the exe to allow more than ToB standard

2.  edit animate.ids for the new anim

3.  get the appropriate bam into override

?

#2 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:02 PM

It depends on what who want do : use a new animation already provided by IA or create a brend new one.

In, the first case, just install IA and give the correct animation slot to your creatures.

In the second one, install IA, register your new animation code here (so that other modders don't use the same, for compatibility concern) and append the animate.ids and anisnd.ids files. Then create your .cre files.

That's it! :shifty:

The IA core component does the hard work for you (patches the .exe file to allow hundreds of new available anilmation slots).

Edited by Gwendolyne, 21 June 2015 - 10:05 PM.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#3 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:48 PM

First option, but I don't think I was clear.  I want to include some of IA's anims in my mod without (a) including any that I don't want (which a default IA install would do), or (b) requiring anyone else to install IA (outside of what I provide).

Compatibility with anything else is not a concern at this point, also.

Let's say I just want to use the displacer beast as an example.

#4 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:53 AM

If you don't want to include the IA Core component, just check if it is already installed :

REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~setup-infinityanimations.tp2~ 0 @nnnnn

with @nnnnn = ~This mod requires IA to be installed.~ (You can change the message...)

In the same way, once you are sure the IA Core component is installed, you can check if the displacer beast's bam files are present. If not, just copy them from your mod folder into the override.

Edited by Gwendolyne, 22 June 2015 - 12:55 AM.

CARPE DIEM ....

#5 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:07 PM

So somewhere at the beginning of the installation procedure of my mod, I need to force-install IA (if it isn't detected)?

Edited by Fiann of the Silver Hand, 22 June 2015 - 05:10 PM.

#6 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:20 PM

You can, but you don't need to...

Just mention in the readme file that your mod requires IA to be played !

In case of mega installs, you may be obliged to install IA in different steps to avoid incompatibilities (look at the BWP pdf). So as gamers usually install a lot of mods, there is a great probabibility that they have already installed IA.

Two years ago, when I ported or created more than a hundred of creature animations, I face the same question as yours : IA was a pre-requisite to my incoming mod. I finally gave up the idea to force the IA install when I realized that almost everybody had already installed it.

So I will just mention it in the readme...

Edited by Gwendolyne, 23 June 2015 - 03:12 AM.

CARPE DIEM ....

#7 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:03 AM

Gotcha.  Thanks!