Photo

Multimod installation following BWP guidelines...latest attempt

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 EricP

EricP
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:18 PM

The bottom three items Joluv has for sale are messed up in my installation. In his store, no icons show up for these items, and the price of each reads 0.

Otherwise, things are going well with my party. Completed Renal/Mae'Var stuff, about to do Planar Prison. Still have yet to do Bodhi's Lair (for Aran Linvail), Umar Hills, Windspear Hills, Watcher's Keep, Unseeing Eye, and wipe out a couple enemy groups around Athkatla, then the party will board ship for Brynnlaw.

Working and playing under Windows 7 Ultimate on a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

Still writing Erysseril NPC mod...

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development.
A female elf wilderness warrior and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more? (Maybe, if I ever finish the mod)

#42 EricP

EricP
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:37 PM

Error! Please help!

BG2 crashes whenever I try to Rest the party, with the following error message:

An Assertion failed in CGameArea.cpp at line number 5012
Programmer says: Luminosity map missing: AR26MRLM

The screen goes black, and I hear a sound effect, as the dream tries to start (not exactly sure which dream it is), then I get the CTD.

Party has done nearly everything just short of clearing out Bodhi's Lair for Aran Linvail; they just completed Unseeing Eye quest, but the resting error started happening even before taking on that quest.

Nothing turns up when I search the 'net for this. I suspect a problem with one of the dreams, and I know there's no .are file as such with the name AR26MRLM, so it's probably something kinda esoteric.

Any clues to help me troubleshoot and solve this issue will be most helpful, as I can't continue playing the game with this issue present.

Working and playing under Windows 7 Ultimate on a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

Still writing Erysseril NPC mod...

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development.
A female elf wilderness warrior and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more? (Maybe, if I ever finish the mod)

#43 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:59 PM

The area where you are trying to rest is missing its "luminosity map" BMP file. Just don't try to rest in that area.

Edit: ...or it could be the area used in a dream, as you surmised, which would be harder to avoid.

An easy way to get more information would be to enable TobEx debug logging - edit TobEx_ini\TobExCore.ini and set all lines under Debug to 1. Among other things, tobex.log will tell you what area was loaded just before the crash.

To resolve the crash you must either provide a suitable BMP file for the luminosity map or edit the area to not look for that file. You can do the latter using Near Infinity. I think the LM reference is stored in the area's associated .WED file.

Edited by agb1, 12 February 2016 - 01:05 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#44 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:06 PM

The area where you are trying to rest is missing its "luminosity map" BMP file. Just don't try to rest in that area.

Edit: ...or it could be the area used in a dream, as you surmised, which would be harder to avoid.

The dream you are supposed to have tries to take you to AR26MR.are which is missing one of the BMP maps required. This obviously is a mod's area from some mod I do not recognise. Maybe the MR gives you some idea, maybe a NPC in your party?

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*