Imoen Bladesinger

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:00 PM

Which mod can make Imoen end up with Kit *TUBladesinger"?

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:44 PM

TU is Turambar's prefix, according to the Community Modder Prefix list al BWL. So most likely it is from his/her tweaks and fixes mod, possibly for NTotSC. I think that is an SHS mod, but I am not sure. It might be in the misc mods section.

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:43 PM

TU is Turambar's prefix, according to the Community Modder Prefix list al BWL. So most likely it is from his/her tweaks and fixes mod, possibly for NTotSC. I think that is an SHS mod, but I am not sure. It might be in the misc mods section.

Thank you for this hint, I will start my investigation there.

Edited by Roxanne, 16 July 2015 - 12:18 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:21 AM

Thank you for this hint, I will start my investigation there.

Yes, it is the turambar fixes and tweaks mod that adds the kit to the game. I do not see that it adds it to Imoen though. So I guess it is something in the constellation with other mods that assign a kit to her cre and this misfires as Bladesinger after so and so many tweaks on her.

The Sandrah Saga

#5 EricP

EricP
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:07 AM

Only Elves can be Bladesingers, unless you don't care about Realms lore.

Working and playing under Windows 7 Ultimate on a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

Still writing Erysseril NPC mod...

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development.
A female elf wilderness warrior and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more? (Maybe, if I ever finish the mod)

#6 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:02 AM

Only Elves can be Bladesingers, unless you don't care about Realms lore.

It is a mistake for sure. That is my issue here. I want to find out why it has happened. I assume some mod in my BGT installation has assigned some other kit to Imoen and another mod has overwritten this (probably in) Kit.ids. And of course the false bladesinger kit prevents her to use the items of her real class. I have corrected her cre file with NI - but as a modder I want to know what might have gone wrong.

The Sandrah Saga

#7 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:55 AM

Well, just --change-log the "imoen.cre" file and see at which point the kit gets added (aka which backup file doesn't have the kit and which does).

PS, the attached archive in the link is old, so when you extract it to the game folder, do not overwrite the weidu.exe with it, and edit the .bat file to contain the .cre file name with Notepad...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#8 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

Well, just --change-log the "imoen.cre" file and see at which point the kit gets added (aka which backup file doesn't have the kit and which does).

PS, the attached archive in the link is old, so when you extract it to the game folder, do not overwrite the weidu.exe with it, and edit the .bat file to contain the .cre file name with Notepad...

Nice little tool, why did I not use it before. I got the same information that I get from my file manager history but it works much faster.

None of the mods that change her appear suspicious to me,

except 00004: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30 (I simply do not know what it does)

and

My own mod that sets Imoen's kit to "NONE" >>>but maybe that has a side effect in conjunction with turambar that I never found before???

The Sandrah Saga

#9 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:12 PM

You also might have to check the other imoen's... imoen6.cre, imoen211.cre, imoen213.cre, imoen9.cre, imoen11.cre... PS, there's no such a thing as NONE in the kit.ids, there's only a TRUECLASS, (and NO_KIT which is 0, which is not actually mentioned anywhere, but it's a real value due to circumstances), and there's a bit of faulty code in community that really needs to be fixed in everywhere. And if you set it to be a none, and a mod then takes that as a different, it's your own fault.
There's a reason why you shouldn't be messing with this stuff at all.

Yeah, it might be good on paper that the game logic is real logic rather than game logic, but really you HAVE to LET that GO. There's no way in HELL the player that used the Level 1 NPCs on Imoen, that he would wants to have their Imoen to be what you want it to be. Just let go of that, and threat her as if she was the character you want her to be even if she is not that.
Besides, story wise, the player that uses these tools can accept that the suedo cleric of Torm to begin to teach as a cleric of Torm at a Church of Torm, even if they made the character a Druid. But you justifying that Imoen was supposed to be a Mage is rather hard for at least to me to accept, rather than a thief that then became a mage, cause well, in the BG1, I had her as a thief and then the BG2 had her as a Thief->Mage, all made withing the ruleset that was in place in both games, aka her stat line is such that she can dual to a mage in BG1 and in BG2(if she was just a thief).

Edited by The Imp, 16 July 2015 - 01:19 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#10 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

You also might have to check the other imoen's... imoen6.cre, imoen211.cre, imoen213.cre, imoen9.cre, imoen11.cre... PS, there's no such a thing as NONE in the kit.ids, there's only a TRUECLASS, (and NO_KIT which is 0, which is not actually mentioned anywhere, but it's a real value due to circumstances), and there's a bit of faulty code in community that really needs to be fixed in everywhere. And if you set it to be a none, and a mod then takes that as a different, it's your own fault.
There's a reason why you shouldn't be messing with this stuff at all.

Yeah, it might be good on paper that the game logic is real logic rather than game logic, but really you HAVE to LET that GO. There's no way in HELL the player that used the Level 1 NPCs on Imoen, that he would wants to have their Imoen to be what you want it to be. Just let go of that, and threat her as if she was the character you want her to be even if she is not that.
Besides, story wise, the player that uses these tools can accept that the suedo cleric of Torm to begin to teach as a cleric of Torm at a Church of Torm, even if they made the character a Druid. But you justifying that Imoen was supposed to be a Mage is rather hard for at least to me to accept, rather than a thief that then became a mage, cause well, in the BG1, I had her as a thief and then the BG2 had her as a Thief->Mage, all made withing the ruleset that was in place in both games, aka her stat line is such that she can dual to a mage in BG1 and in BG2(if she was just a thief).

You are right, It is NO_KIT which is 0 and not NONE. And no, I am not messing around with Kit.ids.

The Sandrah Saga

#11 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:35 PM

You are right, It is NO_KIT which is 0 and not NONE. And no, I am not messing around with Kit.ids.
I am not saying that you did, I am saying that you should not touch the imoen.cre or any of her other incarnations as far as the class or kit goes to. Just leave them untouched ... in all scripts and in the .cre files. If you have to check for something, just check that she is alive... rather than what her class etc things are. Easy.

Edited by The Imp, 16 July 2015 - 01:36 PM.

#12 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:45 PM

I always wondered what was the the significant difference between NO_KIT and TRUECLASS.

I mean checking the vanilla cre files, it seems some "true" fighters (for exemple) are coded NO_KIT and others TRUECLASS...

I always leave this offset value to "0" when I create new creatures without kit. Is there one single reason to change it to "TRUECLASS"?

Edited by Gwendolyne, 16 July 2015 - 10:45 PM.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#13 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:02 PM

Only for party members. As they gain the benefits of being a kit of sorts. And yes, the the trueclass is a kit too, in a way.

Edited by The Imp, 16 July 2015 - 11:04 PM.

#14 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:20 AM

Thanks a lot! :shifty:

One more question solved quickly!

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.