AI BP scripts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:05 AM

Hi, All,

After disabling some comonents (like well known buggy Ghost Armor etc) and finally got my individualized Big World installation I have found strange AI problem. Some magic users in BG1 part (for now) are not using their magic and trying to fight meelee. In some cases they use fight-start pre-buffs, but in most cases no spells are cast completely. For example, Orc Shamans, Orc Mages, Hobgoblin Wizards (they have two problems - trying to flee).  After experimenting with backups I've found that problem occured after second stage of Big Picture mod is installed. See log example for Orc Mage from NTotSC (ORC04.CRE):

Mods affecting ORC04.CRE:
00000: ~SETUP-EXNEM.TP2~ 0 1 // Add items to creatures: v5 BWP Fix
00001: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 0 // Aurora's Shoes and Boots: v5a BWP Fix
00002: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30
00003: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6000 // Smarter general AI: v30
00004: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6032 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v30
00005: ~BP/SETUP-BP.TP2~ 0 650 // Humanoids: v181-b4611 BWP Fix <<<<----------- PROBLEM WAS HERE
00006: ~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 9100 // Mages drop spellbooks. -> 50% of mage s drop spellbooks, spellbooks contain 50% of memorized spells.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61 BWP Fix
00007: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 420 // Realistic random treasures -> Both 1 and 2 (no treasures lost): v5a BWP Fix
00008: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2
00009: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2

Fixed this for now manually (with purpose not to ruin whole installation): changed in some CRE files BP script  to SCS one. Previous script name was found in BP backup directory.

AI installed: SCS AI.

Encounters: from BP.

Does anyone encountered similar problem? Is there more convenient fix for this? (except reinstalling with manually disabling BP creature improvements like Humanoid component etc or manually changing scripts in files)

#2 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:07 AM

so long i've not installed a big world with 50+mods... but, AFAIK, BP AI and SCS AI together was causing such kind of problems (Lichs fighting melee).

I don't know if they still cause problems...

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:37 AM

so long i've not installed a big world with 50+mods... but, AFAIK, BP AI and SCS AI together was causing such kind of problems (Lichs fighting melee).

Hi, All,

After disabling some comonents (like well known buggy Ghost Armor etc) and finally got my individualized Big World installation I have found strange AI problem. Some magic users in BG1 part (for now) are not using their magic and trying to fight meelee. In some cases they use fight-start pre-buffs, but in most cases no spells are cast completely. For example, Orc Shamans, Orc Mages, Hobgoblin Wizards (they have two problems - trying to flee).  After experimenting with backups I've found that problem occured after second stage of Big Picture mod is installed. See log example for Orc Mage from NTotSC (ORC04.CRE):

Mods affecting ORC04.CRE:
00000: ~SETUP-EXNEM.TP2~ 0 1 // Add items to creatures: v5 BWP Fix
00001: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 0 // Aurora's Shoes and Boots: v5a BWP Fix
00002: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30
00003: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6000 // Smarter general AI: v30
00004: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6032 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v30
00005: ~BP/SETUP-BP.TP2~ 0 650 // Humanoids: v181-b4611 BWP Fix <<<<----------- PROBLEM WAS HERE
00006: ~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 9100 // Mages drop spellbooks. -> 50% of mage s drop spellbooks, spellbooks contain 50% of memorized spells.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61 BWP Fix
00007: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 420 // Realistic random treasures -> Both 1 and 2 (no treasures lost): v5a BWP Fix
00008: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2
00009: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2

Fixed this for now manually (with purpose not to ruin whole installation): changed in some CRE files BP script  to SCS one. Previous script name was found in BP backup directory.

AI installed: SCS AI.

Encounters: from BP.

Does anyone encountered similar problem? Is there more convenient fix for this? (except reinstalling with manually disabling BP creature improvements like Humanoid component etc or manually changing scripts in files)

I can confirm all of these problems in my mega mod installation. It seems that some mods add scripts to cretaures and SCS extends such scripts (some very *common* scripts that many creatures use) leading to every type of unexpected results (too much to list and report) but mages not casting spells and neutral creatures attacking, liches becoming jokes, creatures missing items in inventory etc are just some examples.

Whenever I use a cre version from the SCS backup and revert the situation, it improves.

I think it is not to blame on a single mod but how a number of them interact on the same ceature and script files.

Edited by Roxanne, 30 July 2015 - 09:39 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:50 PM

No AI doubling in my case. I've chosen to install SCS AI for all and BP random encounters. Problem seems in BP components that are being installed always (see BP (2) section in manual). 

Whenever I use a cre version from the SCS backup and revert the situation, it improves.

I think it is not to blame on a single mod but how a number of them interact on the same ceature and script files.

I doubt that SCS itself is guilty. Did you try to get CRE from BP backup? BP overwrites scripts while SCS is patching them. In my case changin script in CREs that were altered by BP to script that was previously assigned by SCS made these CREs a good magic users.

And what do you mean by missing items in inventory? I didn't encounter such problems. Maybe you blame item randomiser mod? This is part of Big World installation that moves items from usual places to some random ones. So no items lost from the game, just their locations are different from described in walkthroughs. For example, no CON tome in Black Alaric's Cave, but Basillius dropped INT tome. New locations are determined on Big World building stage, so they are installation-specific and you probably will have another places. Therefore you won't find Celestial Fury on Koshi dead body and aimed raids in search of items now are not possible   ;) NB: randomiser changes only BG1/BG2/ToB items but items from mods will remain on their place.

UPD: Tested lic (LICH01.CRE), goes melee - killed easily. Changed script from BP to dw#2conl  that was previously assigned by SCS and he burned down everything by spell attacks (my 11 level FMT had no chance :) )

Call %EINSTI% BP "325 440 475 550 625 650 675 725 750 760 800 875 900 925"   <<<<---------  This made a problem. Installed always if AI tweaks enabled. No matter which AI chosen, BP or SCS.

Edited by EvilMax, 30 July 2015 - 10:51 PM.

#5 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:04 PM

No AI doubling in my case. I've chosen to install SCS AI for all and BP random encounters. Problem seems in BP components that are being installed always (see BP (2) section in manual). 

I doubt that SCS itself is guilty. Did you try to get CRE from BP backup? BP overwrites scripts while SCS is patching them. In my case changin script in CREs that were altered by BP to script that was previously assigned by SCS made these CREs a good magic users.

Sorry, I mixed that up, it is exactly like you say.

And what do you mean by missing items in inventory? I didn't encounter such problems. Maybe you blame item randomiser mod? This is part of Big World installation that moves items from usual places to some random ones. So no items lost from the game, just their locations are different from described in walkthroughs. For example, no CON tome in Black Alaric's Cave, but Basillius dropped INT tome. New locations are determined on Big World building stage, so they are installation-specific and you probably will have another places. Therefore you won't find Celestial Fury on Koshi dead body and aimed raids in search of items now are not possible   ;) NB: randomiser changes only BG1/BG2/ToB items but items from mods will remain on their place.

UPD: Tested lic (LICH01.CRE), goes melee - killed easily. Changed script from BP to dw#2conl  that was previously assigned by SCS and he burned down everything by spell attacks (my 11 level FMT had no chance :) )

Call %EINSTI% BP "325 440 475 550 625 650 675 725 750 760 800 875 900 925"   <<<<---------  This made a problem. Installed always if AI tweaks enabled. No matter which AI chosen, BP or SCS.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#6 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:42 AM

Well, I've made a small patch to restore SCS scripts from BP backup. This patch reads script set from CRE files inside BP backup directory and puts them to the CRE in your game. It allows not break mods changing something except scripts in creatures (inventory, stats, death items etc) and allows not to reinstall everything after BP part 2.

Also it fixes fleeing hobgoblin mages.

BP components where scripts are allowed to be undone:

• Animals
  • Duergars -> Duergar: The Works
  • Elementals
  • Generic Thieves
  • Golems
  • Hellhounds
  • Humanoids
  • Knights and Paladins
  • Mists
  • Sea Devils: Sahuagin and Kuo-Toan Enhancements
  • Shadow and Wraith Enhancements -> Shadows - The Works
  • Shadow Thieves
  • Trolls
  • Undead (Except Shadows/Wraiths/Vampires)
  • Were-Animals

Components are numbered exactly as corresponding BP components.

If you want to add other, look inside the TP2 file. It is very easy to add backup directory from where scripts should be restored.  Hope, it will help.

P.S. If you install all components, you'll get about 570 .CRE-files inside your override directory. So, if it is VERY critical, you may want to uninstall biffing mod, restore scripts and biff everything again. However, I didn't do that. 2000 or 2500 loose files inside Override doesn't make noticeable difference for me.

Attached Files

Edited by EvilMax, 31 July 2015 - 05:43 AM.

#7 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

I experienced the same problems you mentioned (magically unprotected orc mages throwing sling stones e.g.) and I solved if, of course manually, by the way you described: changing the script (typically the default script) of the fully modded cre-file to the BP backup cre's script.
So your patch comes in very handy. Thank you.