Photo

THEREL.dlg should be fixed

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:01 AM

This is the dialogue of a woman in Ulgoth's Beard, whose son Dalton is in Durlag's Tower. She never recognizes the fact that you saved her son. Simple fix of one variable may help.

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:56 AM

Looking into this:

This is THEREL.D supplied with BGT:

Spoiler

I believe you are talking about state 10? Global("Therella","GLOBAL",2) is set by DALTON.D at multiple places:

DALTON.D

Spoiler

Or I might be totally missing something really simple :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

I can confirm Lollorian - when you talk to Dalton after you defeated the Deathkn in the Tower dungeon and send him home, you can later talk to Therella and get your reward.

I never had any issue with this  in any of numerous plays through the game.

Edited by Roxanne, 25 August 2015 - 11:46 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:28 PM

Dalton sets it to 2, and the quest is lost for his mom. Remove that variable check from her dialogue or introduce another variable.

[EDIT] It happens when you first complete Durlag's Tower and then visit Ulgoth's Beard. In this case, if you choose the sequence of responses 3 --> 6 --> 7 --> 9, the variable is set back to 1, and the next time you talk to her, she won't start with state 10, but with state 13.

BEGIN ~THEREL~
//////////////////////////////////////////////////
// WARNING: this file contains non-trivial WEIGHTs

IF WEIGHT #0 ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy(),HOSTILE_UPPER)
~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:
  SAY #21471 /* ~Greetings, adventurers. You must excuse me if I've nary a happy word to share this day. There has been a loss in the family, you see.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21484 /* ~Worry not, lady. Is there anything that we could do to help?~ */ GOTO 3
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21487 /* ~I see. We shall not bother you any longer, in that case.~ */ GOTO 4
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21490 /* ~I care not for your petty problems. I have questions that need to be answered. ~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF WEIGHT #1 ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy(),NEUTRAL_UPPER)
~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from:
  SAY #21472 /* ~Noble people, I beg your forgiveness for my grim visage. There has been a disappearance in my family. I still mourn the loss.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21485 /* ~Worry not, lady. Is there anything that we could do to help?~ */ GOTO 3
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21488 /* ~I see. We shall not bother you any longer, in that case.~ */ GOTO 4
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21491 /* ~I care not for your petty problems. I have questions that need to be answered. ~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF WEIGHT #2 ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
ReactionLT(LastTalkedToBy(),NEUTRAL_LOWER)
~ THEN BEGIN 2 // from:
  SAY #21473 /* ~Please leave me be. I am in mourning.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21486 /* ~Worry not, lady. Is there anything that we could do to help?~ */ GOTO 3
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21489 /* ~I see. We shall not bother you any longer, in that case.~ */ GOTO 4
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21492 /* ~I care not for your petty problems. I have questions that need to be answered. ~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 3 // from: 17.0 2.0 1.0 0.0
  SAY #21474 /* ~Unless you wish to search for my errant son, then no.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21493 /* ~Tell us the tale and we might be able to help.~ */ GOTO 6
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21494 /* ~As you will. Good day.~ */ GOTO 4
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 4 // from: 17.1 3.1 2.1 1.1 0.1
  SAY #21475 /* ~May your stay in Ulgoth's Beard be happier than mine.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("TherTalk","GLOBAL",1)
~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 5 // from: 17.2 7.2 2.2 1.2 0.2
  SAY #21476 /* ~I have done nothing to deserve such unkindness. Leave me to my mourning.~ */
~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 6 // from: 3.0
  SAY #21477 /* ~I have, or perhaps I should say had, a son named Dalton. He fell in with a crew of adventurers from Waterdeep. Dalton was always obsessed with the idea of being a hero. Alas, he has neither the brains nor the ability. Such is a mother's lot in life however, to watch her children perform acts of idiocy despite her warnings or concerns.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN JOURNAL #22952 /* ~In Ulgoth's Beard, a woman named Therella has asked us to look for her errant son in Durlag's Tower.~ */ GOTO 7
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 7 // from: 6.0
  SAY #21478 /* ~My poor boy took those acts of idiocy to the extreme. He and his thickskulled cohorts took it upon themselves to plumb the depths of Durlag's Tower. They bought a ward token from that shyster, Galkin, and made ready to leave. Though I begged and cried, Dalton still insisted on going. The band never returned. I fear that they were destroyed by the mad dwarf's machinations. That is the tale, sad but true.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21495 /* ~I wish I could help, but we have other concerns at present.~ */ GOTO 8
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21496 /* ~Rest easy, woman. We will find your son if he still lives.~ */ GOTO 9
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21497 /* ~He deserved his fate. Cease your pointless weeping.~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 8 // from: 7.0
  SAY #21479 /* ~If you say so. Excuse me.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("TherTalk","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 9 // from: 7.1
  SAY #21480 /* ~Thank you so much. Such kindness from strangers is unheard of in this harsh life. I will await Dalton's return with breathless anticicpation.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("Therella","GLOBAL",1)
~ EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #3 ~Global("Therella","GLOBAL",2)
!Dead("Dalton")
~ THEN BEGIN 10 // from:
  SAY #21481 /* ~Thank you for rescuing Dalton.  He arrived back here just a few days before you did.  The tales he had to tell were quite fantastic, demon knights!  Well, it was nice seeing my son even if wasn't for long.  Here is some of my savings for your time.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~GiveGoldForce(300)~ GOTO 11
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 11 // from: 10.0
  SAY #21482 /* ~Your rescue may have been in vain, however. Dalton has set off in search of adventure again. That stupid, stupid child.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("Therella","GLOBAL",9)
~ EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #8 /* Triggers after states #: 13 14 17 18 even though they appear after this state */
~Global("Therella","GLOBAL",9)~ THEN BEGIN 12 // from:
  SAY #21483 /* ~I must return to my worrying. Excuse me.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #7 /* Triggers after states #: 14 17 18 even though they appear after this state */
~Global("Therella","GLOBAL",1)
~ THEN BEGIN 13 // from:
  SAY #22025 /* ~Please keep looking for my poor son.  I don't know how much longer I can bear to be apart from him.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #4 ~Dead("Daltan")
~ THEN BEGIN 14 // from:
  SAY #22027 /* ~Have you found Dalton yet?  I so worry about my boy.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #22028 /* ~No, he's dead.  The whiny little boy had it coming.~ */ GOTO 15
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #22029 /* ~I'm sorry Therella, there was little we could do.  Your son is dead.~ */ GOTO 16
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 15 // from: 14.0
  SAY #22031 /* ~You...you...MONSTERS!!!!~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~EscapeArea()
~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 16 // from: 14.1
  SAY #22033 /* ~My son is dead.  But....I can't believe......it's not fair.  Why is fate so cruel?~ */
~ EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #5 ~Global("TherTalk","GLOBAL",1)
Global("Therella","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BEGIN 17 // from:
  SAY #22201 /* ~You must excuse me if I've nary a happy word to share this day. There has been a loss in the family, you see.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #22202 /* ~Worry not, lady. Is there anything that we could do to help?~ */ GOTO 3
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #22203 /* ~I see. We shall not bother you any longer, in that case.~ */ GOTO 4
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #22204 /* ~I care not for your petty problems. I have questions that need to be answered. ~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF WEIGHT #6 ~Global("TherTalk","GLOBAL",0)
Global("Therella","GLOBAL",0)
Global("Daltan","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN 18 // from:
  SAY #22744 /* ~My son has run off on some foolish adventure. You must excuse me for being to distraught to talk.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

Edited by Vlad, 27 August 2015 - 04:02 PM.

#5 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:48 PM

Dalton sets it to 2, and the quest is lost for his mom. Remove that variable check from her dialogue or introduce another variable.

[EDIT] It happens when you first complete Durlag's Tower and then visit Ulgoth's Beard. In this case, if you choose the sequence of responses 3 --> 6 --> 7 --> 9, the variable is set back to 1, and the next time you talk to her, she won't start with state 10, but with state 13.

BEGIN ~THEREL~
// WARNING: this file contains non-trivial WEIGHTs

IF WEIGHT #0 ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy(),HOSTILE_UPPER)
~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:
  SAY #21471 /* ~Greetings, adventurers. You must excuse me if I've nary a happy word to share this day. There has been a loss in the family, you see.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21484 /* ~Worry not, lady. Is there anything that we could do to help?~ */ GOTO 3
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21487 /* ~I see. We shall not bother you any longer, in that case.~ */ GOTO 4
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21490 /* ~I care not for your petty problems. I have questions that need to be answered. ~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF WEIGHT #1 ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy(),NEUTRAL_UPPER)
~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from:
  SAY #21472 /* ~Noble people, I beg your forgiveness for my grim visage. There has been a disappearance in my family. I still mourn the loss.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21485 /* ~Worry not, lady. Is there anything that we could do to help?~ */ GOTO 3
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21488 /* ~I see. We shall not bother you any longer, in that case.~ */ GOTO 4
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21491 /* ~I care not for your petty problems. I have questions that need to be answered. ~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF WEIGHT #2 ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
ReactionLT(LastTalkedToBy(),NEUTRAL_LOWER)
~ THEN BEGIN 2 // from:
  SAY #21473 /* ~Please leave me be. I am in mourning.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21486 /* ~Worry not, lady. Is there anything that we could do to help?~ */ GOTO 3
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21489 /* ~I see. We shall not bother you any longer, in that case.~ */ GOTO 4
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21492 /* ~I care not for your petty problems. I have questions that need to be answered. ~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 3 // from: 17.0 2.0 1.0 0.0
  SAY #21474 /* ~Unless you wish to search for my errant son, then no.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21493 /* ~Tell us the tale and we might be able to help.~ */ GOTO 6
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21494 /* ~As you will. Good day.~ */ GOTO 4
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 4 // from: 17.1 3.1 2.1 1.1 0.1
  SAY #21475 /* ~May your stay in Ulgoth's Beard be happier than mine.~ */
~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 5 // from: 17.2 7.2 2.2 1.2 0.2
  SAY #21476 /* ~I have done nothing to deserve such unkindness. Leave me to my mourning.~ */
~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 6 // from: 3.0
  SAY #21477 /* ~I have, or perhaps I should say had, a son named Dalton. He fell in with a crew of adventurers from Waterdeep. Dalton was always obsessed with the idea of being a hero. Alas, he has neither the brains nor the ability. Such is a mother's lot in life however, to watch her children perform acts of idiocy despite her warnings or concerns.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN JOURNAL #22952 /* ~In Ulgoth's Beard, a woman named Therella has asked us to look for her errant son in Durlag's Tower.~ */ GOTO 7
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 7 // from: 6.0
  SAY #21478 /* ~My poor boy took those acts of idiocy to the extreme. He and his thickskulled cohorts took it upon themselves to plumb the depths of Durlag's Tower. They bought a ward token from that shyster, Galkin, and made ready to leave. Though I begged and cried, Dalton still insisted on going. The band never returned. I fear that they were destroyed by the mad dwarf's machinations. That is the tale, sad but true.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21495 /* ~I wish I could help, but we have other concerns at present.~ */ GOTO 8
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21496 /* ~Rest easy, woman. We will find your son if he still lives.~ */ GOTO 9
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #21497 /* ~He deserved his fate. Cease your pointless weeping.~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 8 // from: 7.0
  SAY #21479 /* ~If you say so. Excuse me.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("TherTalk","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 9 // from: 7.1
  SAY #21480 /* ~Thank you so much. Such kindness from strangers is unheard of in this harsh life. I will await Dalton's return with breathless anticicpation.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("Therella","GLOBAL",1)
~ EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #3 ~Global("Therella","GLOBAL",2)
!Dead("Dalton")
~ THEN BEGIN 10 // from:
  SAY #21481 /* ~Thank you for rescuing Dalton.  He arrived back here just a few days before you did.  The tales he had to tell were quite fantastic, demon knights!  Well, it was nice seeing my son even if wasn't for long.  Here is some of my savings for your time.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~GiveGoldForce(300)~ GOTO 11
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 11 // from: 10.0
  SAY #21482 /* ~Your rescue may have been in vain, however. Dalton has set off in search of adventure again. That stupid, stupid child.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("Therella","GLOBAL",9)
~ EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #8 /* Triggers after states #: 13 14 17 18 even though they appear after this state */
~Global("Therella","GLOBAL",9)~ THEN BEGIN 12 // from:
  SAY #21483 /* ~I must return to my worrying. Excuse me.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #7 /* Triggers after states #: 14 17 18 even though they appear after this state */
~Global("Therella","GLOBAL",1)
~ THEN BEGIN 13 // from:
  SAY #22025 /* ~Please keep looking for my poor son.  I don't know how much longer I can bear to be apart from him.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #4 ~Dead("Daltan")
~ THEN BEGIN 14 // from:
  SAY #22027 /* ~Have you found Dalton yet?  I so worry about my boy.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #22028 /* ~No, he's dead.  The whiny little boy had it coming.~ */ GOTO 15
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #22029 /* ~I'm sorry Therella, there was little we could do.  Your son is dead.~ */ GOTO 16
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 15 // from: 14.0
  SAY #22031 /* ~You...you...MONSTERS!!!!~ */
~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 16 // from: 14.1
  SAY #22033 /* ~My son is dead.  But....I can't believe......it's not fair.  Why is fate so cruel?~ */
~ EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #5 ~Global("TherTalk","GLOBAL",1)
Global("Therella","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BEGIN 17 // from:
  SAY #22201 /* ~You must excuse me if I've nary a happy word to share this day. There has been a loss in the family, you see.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #22202 /* ~Worry not, lady. Is there anything that we could do to help?~ */ GOTO 3
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #22203 /* ~I see. We shall not bother you any longer, in that case.~ */ GOTO 4
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #22204 /* ~I care not for your petty problems. I have questions that need to be answered. ~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF WEIGHT #6 ~Global("TherTalk","GLOBAL",0)
Global("Therella","GLOBAL",0)
Global("Daltan","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN 18 // from:
  SAY #22744 /* ~My son has run off on some foolish adventure. You must excuse me for being to distraught to talk.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

It looks like the WEIGHT used in this dialogue is reverse, everything should be in the bottom up order and it would work regardless whether you first get the quest and then rescue the boy or the other way round.

The Sandrah Saga

#6 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:14 AM

Never rely on weights. Just make each state possible only once with introducing additional variables if needed.

#7 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:20 AM

Never rely on weights. Just make each state possible only once with introducing additional variables if needed.

This dialogue needs no weight and no additional variables, it just needs the triggers in the correct sequence (which would be the reverse of their current weight), then all the specific ones would be checked prior to the default ones and each dialogue would trigger correctly..

The Sandrah Saga

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:05 AM

So would someone do the honors and fix this? :P (please :crying: I'm not good with dialogues)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#9 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:24 AM

So would someone do the honors and fix this? :P (please :crying: I'm not good with dialogues)

Here is a fixed dialogue - bad news is that it needed more repair than just rearranging, there were misspelled DVs and meaningless Globals in it as well. Thus, even if the english version would now be correct there is a lack of translation for 9 new tlk entires, as the former entries cannot be re-used. So without proper translation this is no great help,,,

Attached File  Therel.d   5.51K   170 downloads

The Sandrah Saga

#10 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:51 AM

Was doing a diff of your file and the supplied version and noted some points:

1) In states 15 & 16, you seem to have removed the EraseJournalEntry(@310606) & EraseJournalEntry(@310607) & SOLVED_JOURNAL @310610 for some reason

2) In state 6, you replaced UNSOLVED_JOURNAL with a JOURNAL

3) You completely removed state 18

4) I couldn't make out any changes to DVs or GLOBALs in the fixed dialogue

5) I couldn't find the added 9 lines - every line has a corresponding TRA entry

Attaching a TRAified version of your fixed file here for review :) Also attaching a rearranged (and deWEIGHTed) vanilla Therel.d from BGT for easy diffing.

Attached Files

#11 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:14 AM

Was doing a diff of your file and the supplied version and noted some points:

1) In states 15 & 16, you seem to have removed the EraseJournalEntry(@310606) & EraseJournalEntry(@310607) & SOLVED_JOURNAL @310610 for some reason

2) In state 6, you replaced UNSOLVED_JOURNAL with a JOURNAL

3) You completely removed state 18

4) I couldn't make out any changes to DVs or GLOBALs in the fixed dialogue

5) I couldn't find the added 9 lines - every line has a corresponding TRA entry

Attaching a TRAified version of your fixed file here for review :) Also attaching a rearranged (and deWEIGHTed) vanilla Therel.d from BGT for easy diffing.

1) I do not know how to do that in a none-Tra dialogue, sorry, however those entries are removed by ARAM00 script later

2) This is what it was in my version of the d-file, to my knowledge they result in the same

3) The trigger for state 18 does not exist, it is never set to 1 by any script or dialogue

4) Dalton was misspelled sometimes as Daltan

5) This was the info from Weidu when I compiled the revised dialogue.

The Sandrah Saga

#12 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:23 AM

Roxanne, the IE reads dialogue states from the bottom. It's known. That's why they have introduced weights. Just leave this as it is (see my version below). There is no problem with DV. Dalton DV is not mispelled. They just used a global variable "Daltan".

Lollorian, skip all that above, use the following simple fix.

rTherel.d (all that you need, just replace those triggers)

REPLACE_TRIGGER_TEXT THEREL
~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)[^!]*ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy(),HOSTILE_UPPER)~
~Global("Therella","GLOBAL",0)
ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy(),HOSTILE_UPPER)~

~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)[^!]*ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy(),NEUTRAL_UPPER)~
ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy(),NEUTRAL_UPPER)~

~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)[^!]*ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy(),NEUTRAL_LOWER)~
ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy(),NEUTRAL_LOWER)~

Edited by Vlad, 28 August 2015 - 11:37 AM.

#13 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:39 AM

I have edited it a bit --> see above. Make the file rTherel.d and copy/paste the above code. No need for tra or anything else. Just change triggers, so when she talks for the first time, she knows if Dalton is saved already or not.

#14 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:40 AM

@Roxanne:

Global("Daltan","GLOBAL",1) was used in state 18 :P (also BG1NPC seems to fix this particular thing maybe for its own nefarious purposes :lol:)

@Vlad:

Ok that's a simple patch then :cheers: But I'm guessing there should be some action that sets VP_Therella to something other than 0 to prevent looping?

#15 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:40 AM

See above, I've changed it. My bad.

#16 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:50 AM

Lollorian, only please check that the WeiDU versions of Bigg after v185 supports these wildcards.

#17 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:57 AM

Ooooooooooooooh :D

I finally managed to make sense of the problem now! Thanks Vlad, that will fix it :cheers: (it's also a simple patch for the BWPFixpack)

Also, BGT ships with WeiDU 236 so the regex won't be a problem :P

#18 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:04 PM

Good. You're welcome. Hate all those changes introduced by Bigg in WeiDU. All new versions screwed my installations which are based on WeiDU v185.

#19 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:04 PM

@Roxanne:

Global("Daltan","GLOBAL",1) was used in state 18

The point to remove this state was that it is never triggered because nothing in the game ever sets this Global to 1.

:P (also BG1NPC seems to fix this particular thing maybe for its own nefarious purposes :lol:)

@Vlad:

Ok that's a simple patch then :cheers: But I'm guessing there should be some action that sets VP_Therella to something other than 0 to prevent looping?

The Sandrah Saga

#20 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:35 PM

Roxanne, the IE reads dialogue states from the bottom. It's known.

State triggers are read top to bottom, transactions are read bottom to top. The compiler reads states from the bottom.

That's why they have introduced weights.

As long as everything stays in sequence it does not matter if you process top to bottom or bottom to top. Weight only makes sense if that sequence should be changed for one or more conditions, i.e to process APPENDS or CHAINS at the right time and not block them by a condition that is always TRUE and in front of them.

Just leave this as it is (see my version below). There is no problem with DV. Dalton DV is not mispelled. They just used a global variable "Daltan".
IF WEIGHT #4 ~Dead("Daltan") misspelled DV
~ THEN BEGIN 14 

Lollorian, skip all that above, use the following simple fix.

rTherel.d (all that you need, just replace those triggers)

~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)[^!]*ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy(),HOSTILE_UPPER)~
ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy(),HOSTILE_UPPER)~

~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)[^!]*ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy(),NEUTRAL_UPPER)~
ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy(),NEUTRAL_UPPER)~

~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)[^!]*ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy(),NEUTRAL_LOWER)~
ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy(),NEUTRAL_LOWER)~