Photo

3 More Mod Ideas: Party member bodies, Charmed Creatures Joining Party

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:01 AM

Good thought on Boots of Speed.  I suppose I'd have to test how well an unspeeded CHARNAME could run around Sarevok.  Perhaps the solution is a little easier if you can't realistically kite Sarevok all day long with arrows/bolts/bullets.  Many people would give up and run away.
Or just play the normal BGT-weidu game without cheating. :P :devil: But do not take this, as if I am saying: "I never do this"... moralizing. The players gaming styles are their very own, but you have to accept that some players won't ever do this... so you are better covered if you use the base ruleset, instead of the one you always use yourself.

Actually the reason why to leave the Candlekeep is there in the game, at chapter 6 when you return to the Candlekeep, where you'll find out that nearly all the civilians are( infultrated by) freaking Doppelgangers(and already doppel'd). It is likely a part of the reason why the Candlekeep does not have an open doors policy, cause there's things that can kill if you let them in. I would also put in that the two rogues in the tutorial were those too, they were extreamly weak in comparison to the later chapter ones cause they were newly made, and so didn't possess the ability to reform back to the original form and thus their stronger state, which would certainly raise an alarm. Or at least the canon in mty head tells this story.

Also the ending you propose doesn't really take care of the whole troubles of the region, as there's other factions that are directly related, but not completly controlled by Sarevok. The bandit camp, the slave drivers in the Cloakwood mines, the goblins poluting the Nashkel mines, and the troubles in the Ulgoth's Beard, the corruption that Sarevoks father had unleashed via the Iron Throne, just to name a few.
What fight scene happens in Ctb?
It's a cutscene where the old happenings are retold, aka the paty killing Sarevok... we did improve it a bit, but not much, aka the vanilla good party(charname, Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Minsk and Dynaheira) now has weapons and armor, while the CtB the party only had none.
@Lollorian: The BG1EE has a bit customixed Sarevok-Gorion fight... link, it start after a bit. Hopefully you tolerate the player a bit, who is obviously not me.

Edited by The Imp, 07 September 2015 - 09:22 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#22 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:25 AM

It's a cutscene where the old happenings are retold, aka the paty killing Sarevok... we did improve it a bit, but not much, aka the vanilla good party(charname, Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Minsk and Dynaheira) now has weapons and armor, while the CtB the party only had none.

Yes CtB has this series of flashbacks after you complete the Chores part of the mod where you relive your entire BG1 journey (with no relevance to your party or actions :lol:) - this includes the Gorion fight scene and CHARNAME's final Sarevok fight (which is what the Imp just talked about - your party was naked in that fight for fuck's sake :ROFL:)

@Imp: The new fight is scores better than vanilla - should be fairly easy to port back to BGT (the CtB scene uses a very different startup mechanic though if I remember right :unsure:)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#23 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:45 AM

Well let me tell you, it's not called "Check the Bodies" for nothing.
I don't want to spoil anything, so let's just say it's good that BG mods do not go through official classification!

#24 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:43 PM

Alright, so Elminster says "jump" and Gorion jumps.  I think I mentioned this in another thread like this, but I always got a cold vibe from Ulraunt.  Since we're reconstructing, is there any chance the infiltration of Candlekeep had already started?  Elminster finds this out, tells Gorion, Gorion says "yes, things are going to shit here" and decides to take E's advice.

#25 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:19 PM

Given that Shank and Carbos have found their way into Candlekeep and both are thugs and definitely not scholarly points to the issue that the infiltration has already begun.  Who is to say that Shank and Carbos didn't enter through the Candlekeep Catacombs and that Dopplegangers are soon on their way too.

Given that Sarevok was headed straight for Candlekeep, it goes to say that the Infiltration was a secondary method of killing CHARNAME since CHARNAME got away.