• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Soky85

Soky85
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:24 AM

Hi, 

I wonder if anyone would be willing to help me: 

I have modded my game with Tashia, Amber and several other WeiDu mods - all installed at once (no multi-romance, though:) )

The problem is that the shop where I am supposed to buy Tashia the gift is causing the game to crash - either by walking to the shop or using the "lovetalk way by choice".

(That is a phase 1, I have the save, then it goes south...)

I have previously got rid myself of the "poison Ivy repeating bug",, kicked Imoen, deleted the variables LEsomething... but I cannot access the shop and (as a result?) the lovetalks stopped. After saving her from Arlistan and then Bodhi, I have got the simulacrum conversation and I am stuck wth repeating "Irenicus stole your soul" conversation. Even the music stopped playing:/ 

Any clues what to change in EEKeeper/what to do would be nice - the mod is really cool and I would love to play it through TOB.

Or do you know how should the variables look like to "continue" romance in TOB

Thank you!

#2 -cxp-

-cxp-

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:21 PM

I know this mod isn't super active at the moment, but I'm having the same problem as well. Whenever I enter the shop the game immediately crashes. Has anyone come up with a solution?

#3 -Sathierhe-

-Sathierhe-

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:46 PM

Same error as above.  PC and Tashia teleport to the gift shop, then... nothing.  System hang that never ends, although when I check the Win Task Manager, the CPU is definitely still running.  I suspect an infinite loop or an unanswered code call.  It'd be really awesome for some code editor here to propose a console fix to get around the issue and/or fix the code.  Thanks!

#4 nullset

nullset
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 10:40 PM

The problem is a vowel with a diacritical. The third "i" in "Aimiliona" is not a standard Roman character, and the Infinity Engine goes nuts when it encounters one of these. I understand there are ways of dealing with this systemicly, but I don't know them. You've gotta replace that letter which, in other cases could be a consonant. In Tashia, the creature will not load because the name has that vowel. And any attempt to talk with her will freeze because her name is in the dialogue. There are other petty problems, but that is what is causing the freeze. Change the vowel in the creature name and in her dialogues.

Actually, I searched a little further and found several locations with an e-acute, as in clichee. These might account for the problems some people are having in ToB.

Please note that all of this applies to the American (read: English) translation set only.

Edited by nullset, 03 March 2020 - 06:08 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tashia shop, lovetalk, crash