Challenge Faldorn AND Poison the Grove

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 -Your Name-

-Your Name-

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:57 AM

Simple question/mod idea, really.

I always wondered why you can't still poison the grove for the Lord Khellon Menold after you challenge Faldorn?

You still have the poison, the font is still there, but the activator simply is disabled, and the halfling disappears from the game, never to be encountered again.

Seems to me that a cunning, rather unscrupulous adventuring party might let Cernd challenge Faldorn (no skin off their back if he loses, anyway), then want to poison the grove for the halfling as per their deal, either because they made a deal already (Lawful types, perhaps) or because of the promise of reward.

Even if you get the exact same rewards  you would normally, it's hardly unbalancing to have an extra 15,000 Quest XP or so, the Jade Hound Figurine (limited value, mostly a curiosity)  and a few thousand gold, and it would expand upon the choices offered to the party.

It might also allow some evil players to resist their powergaming urges, and do the evil path instead of being worried about not receiving as good of a reward (the large extra reward offered at the "hero ceremony" following Djinni+Druids)  or access to the Feuding Families quests.

If someone who added this to their mod or made a mod for this disagreed and thought maybe it would just be too imbalanced, you could always reduce/eliminate the extra quest XP reward if you've already turned the quest in to Lord Logan, and just give the extra money + the figurine (as well as the reputation penalty).  Evil parties already tend to get the short end of the stick regarding rewards, both experiential and tangible, however. I think allowing you to pull a double-cross on Trademeet would be very neat regardless of how exactly it was implemented. What are your guys' thoughts?