Problems with kit, mindflayer

A few different problems.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:38 PM

Hi, can any1 help me? Whats wrong with my kit? It worked before, but when i start a game now it breaks when becoming a illithid class.

There was also a problem where i needed to level 1 level to become a mage and get the actually kit activated. The Imp have helped me with this, but i havent tryed it yet since i was already good into testing my kit which doesent work when making a new one :P 

Before it worked when starting shadow of amn, but not throne of baal.

Then again i found 2 problems so far:

1. A HLA spell which is supposed to be casted once and only once after choosing it, now i get 1 pr. rest :S It adds base str/int/dex/cons etc so is massive overpowered if can be casted many times :P

2. My other problem is that after this silver dragon makes me into a drow, then after finnishing his quest he turns me into an elf, not an mindflayer. So that gotta have another script than the slayer change, cause slayer change worked perfectly and i turned back into a mindflayer after.

Ill ulpload mine and mr imps kit:

Attached File  Mindflayer.zip   1.79MB   183 downloadsAttached File  GELMIND2.zip   1.79MB   173 downloads

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:35 AM

1. Ahh, well I just need to make the str/int/dex/con bonus spell to be not castable, but casted on HLA ability, which fixes that, kind of. As for now, just do not recast the spell. And if you have a save that has multiple, you could use the ShadowKeeper or Near Infinity to remove the effect, if you know how.
EDIT: The spell in question is the GELSPL22.spl, and to get this done, you need to edit the GELLU01.2da files line 14, so this:

12      GA_GELSPL22    *          *         1         99         1            *            *             *

Becomes this:

12      AP_GELSPL22    *          *         1         99         1            *            *             *

And if you wish to do this inside a game that you have already installed the mod into, you just need to edit the LUGELLU.2da file in the install folders override folders. And of course load a game in which you have not yet selected the HLA ability.

2. Erhm, it's hard to make a fix for this cause the return from the drow transformation is a quite specific. I have a theory that could make it doable, but I'll have to make it and then test it. But as you said, you already have a way to change back, so .... did you still retain the mindflayer forms hands ? ... as an Elf.

Yes, I weidu-fied and fixed the few problems this kit had, but I have to recollect my memoars before I can go forward on this. As this was one of the oddest kits I was associated. :devil: And yes, I am still here.

Looking at v1.0.0005's code. You shouldn't do this at line 169: 

COPY "GELKITMF/GELHP01.2DA" "override" // copy this one since the other action does not do this for you.
     "GELKITMF/GELLU01.2DA" "override/LUGELLU.2DA" // copy the LU*.2DA table too
     "GELKITMF/GELCLA2.2DA" "override" // copy the CLAB*.2DA table too
     "GELKITMF/GELTHA1.2DA" "override" // copy the THAC*.2DA table too

Anymore...
As it's done already at line 10. It actually shouldn't matter in which portion you do this, but it's probably better to do the copy -action earlier rather than later. And only one time.

Edited by The Imp, 13 October 2015 - 04:17 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:04 AM

Okay, so i change it to ap :)
It stayed illithid class with the +6 devour attack on, but that is probarly Cause i had to cast it as an drow Cause i tempoarly lost it when turning drow. I Also had to recast it when turning slayer and Also after going true the dispell place. So the re-equip skills comes handy. Is it not possible to make a script to cast the shapechange spell when un-drowing? :P

#4 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:09 AM

But i havent made a spell to recast mindflayer Shape. If i remember correct that spell add a lot of other things, so should maby make a New which Only do the visable change.

Good ur still here, i would be stuck If not :P

I now added some stuff in the kit u uploaded. An skill to remove the devour attack for fighting for example magic golems.. And i dident remember if i did changes on the spells so i copied my spells and items into there and added some info in the english file etc for them.

I will keep digging, to see status on the kit, and make a spell that trigger only shapechange visual effect. And maby u could put that into a script which will cast it right after turning elf or whatever from drow. Or change that silver dragons script just for this kit? :)

I already made it, gelspl25

How can i find that silver dragon's script? 

About the copying of the tables twice... I checked into it and i can see now that its copied twice :P 

But in the first one, there is one with // in front. So that wont be copied there. Should i take away the //? 

Also the GELCLA1 is not copied anywhere as i can see, ref example of both theese in attached picture :)

Copy tables example.png

Edited by Gel87, 13 October 2015 - 11:17 AM.

#5 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:27 PM

I now have further problems :P

I have unistalled, re-installed with faults etc. Another kit jumps in(priest of chutulu) :P But cant select that either :P That one is gray...

Now it says the kit is already there when trying to install it :P (i deleted a folder before un-installing it) 

It cant open the portraits is the first fault message from imps version. 

I see there are double of a lot :P

Anyway, ill upload the 2 kits i have tryed to get to work :)

Check if its possible to fix it plz :P

Attached File  The Imp's version.rar   1.71MB   167 downloadsAttached File  My version.rar   1.71MB   187 downloads

I also ulpoad my latest log, i dno what second component is :P

Attached File  SETUP-GELKITMF.DEBUG   8.77K   196 downloads

Edited by Gel87, 13 October 2015 - 01:37 PM.

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:49 PM

Erhm, why why the hell to keep 2 ? Use just choose one...so we can make it to be the official version ! So I don't need to fuck everything up so it looks exactly a like in both. You were supposed to learn from one ... k, then.
Now... which do you choose ? Only have one installed, remove the other, as they both use the very same kit identifier, you can't have both !
Now your version has the most spells, but it has bad effects to the game progression as the baldur.bcs is always running, so the player character is always checked if it has the kit and is a fighter... it slows the game down. My method had this sorted out via the invisible creature.

All this tells is, that I should just probably take your v1.0.0005 and add my solution to it... unfortunately I am unable to do that just yet. I'll be at it soon , hopefully(during this week at some point).
But in the first one, there is one with // in front. So that wont be copied there. Should i take away the //?
No, the // -marker quotes the code out, so it's not in use, for the rest of the line... this is because the table is used in the ADD_KIT function, so the copying is unnecessary, as it's done during the install anyways.

Edited by The Imp, 13 October 2015 - 11:04 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:48 PM

I copied all the spells and wepons to ur version, just forgot to copy description :P so you can work on urs :)

#8 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:20 AM

Hi, I now downloaded latest version of BG2EE to remove all old mods.

So i can start installing the mod from scratch without my nooby mistakes ;P 

But first i wanna install the XP cap mod. But what is the max XP for BG2EE? :) I need to put that into the file in the override folder.

Also:

I'll start to test ur version, which i ulpoaded some post agoes as i have added the newest spells into it  :)

I added text to the gelspel25.

Then i tried to install it, only error msg was: 

[GELKITMF/Portraits/mind1L.bmp] loaded, 208614 bytes
ERROR: COPY ~GELKITMF/Portraits/mind1L.bmp~ ~portraits/mind1L.bmp~ FAILED: cannot open target
Else everything went perfect.
The first fault i found is that elf, cannot choose the kit. The Illithid kit is not listed anywhere.
Human got a fighter kit called Priest of Chuculu or smt, which i can find in the script. But its gray, not able to select.
I want to have elf beeing able to choose the kit :P I guess priest of chuculu is the kit u select, then it the invi creature change it into mage/illithid? 

Anyway, ill ulpoad the kit so far in this post, then i try to see if im able to fix it :P But would be very glad for any help :P
Attached File  imps version.rar   1.71MB   172 downloads

Edited by Gel87, 23 October 2015 - 11:53 AM.

#9 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:42 AM

But first i wanna install the XP cap mod. But what is the max XP for BG2EE?
Should be the same as with the original BG2:ToB, which was 8 000 000xp.

#10 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:54 AM

I think its higher, like 2,7 billion :P I try that later :P

Uploaded last version of kit now, can u help me with the questions above? : )

Edit 1:

Okay, so now i made elf and some other guys being able to choose both priest of chuculu + illithid kit in script.

Priest of Chuculu is still gray, cant be chosen.

Illithid kit could be choosen, but insta kills u as soon as u make character and starts game, u even die before movie in irenicus cave :P

Edit 2:

Does this script has something to do with the character dying at once? :P Or is it the creature that kills itself? If i try removing last thing(bolded part) do i survive then? I try :P

IF
Kit(LastSummonerOf(Myself),GELKITMG)
Global("customglobalname1","GLOBAL",1)
ActionListEmpty()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ActionOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself),AddKit(GELKITMF)
SetGlobal("customglobalname1","GLOBAL",2)
ReallyForceSpellRES("GELSPL8",LastSummonerOf(Myself))
ReallyForceSpellRES("GELEVEL",LastSummonerOf(Myself))
Continue()
END

IF
Global("customglobalname2","GLOBAL",1)
ActionListEmpty()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("customglobalname2","GLOBAL",2)
Continue()
END
IF
Global("customglobalname3","GLOBAL",1)
ActionListEmpty()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("customglobalname3","GLOBAL",2)
Continue()
END
IF
Global("customglobalname4","GLOBAL",1)
ActionListEmpty()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("customglobalname4","GLOBAL",2)
Continue()
END
IF
Global("customglobalname5","GLOBAL",1)
ActionListEmpty()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("customglobalname5","GLOBAL",2)
Continue()
END

IF
Global("customglobalname6","GLOBAL",1)
ActionListEmpty()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("customglobalname6","GLOBAL",2)
Continue()
END

IF
OR(6)
Global("customglobalname1","GLOBAL",2)
Global("customglobalname2","GLOBAL",2)
Global("customglobalname3","GLOBAL",2)
Global("customglobalname4","GLOBAL",2)
Global("customglobalname5","GLOBAL",2)
Global("customglobalname6","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
DestroySelf()
END

Edit 3:
No, was not that :P 
Tryed to remove the bolder part there.
What happens is:
Screen goes black, my char says: "My wounds must be tended too, arg(dying sound)"

Something is killing him :P 

Edited by Gel87, 23 October 2015 - 12:38 PM.

#11 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:23 PM

Ahh, you mean the upper limit of the figure, not the actual cap in the base game... well the upper limit is -1, ... or actually less precisely the upper limit of the dword(or 32 bit number) -1, which is 2^32-1= 4 294 967 295, so ~4.2 billion, not two point seven... :P :devil:
You can just set the cap to be -1 and that will take care of the limit in the xpcap.2da file, if it's in every row.

I'll get back to the kits at some point... I can't help just now, but try the approach in my version, it should be cleaner if I remember it correctly. DO NOT install the different versions at the same time. Cause they use the same kit naming, so you essentially get both ... and the worse parts will clash really hard.

Edited by The Imp, 23 October 2015 - 02:23 PM.

#12 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:33 PM

Ahh, you mean the upper limit of the figure, not the actual cap in the base game... well the upper limit is -1, ... or actually less precisely the upper limit of the dword(or 32 bit number) -1, which is 2^32-1= 4 294 967 295, so ~4.2 billion, not two point seven... :P :devil:
You can just set the cap to be -1 and that will take care of the limit in the xpcap.2da file, if it's in every row.

I'll get back to the kits at some point... I can't help just now, but try the approach in my version, it should be cleaner if I remember it correctly. DO NOT install the different versions at the same time. Cause they use the same kit naming, so you essentially get both ... and the worse parts will clash really hard.

Then i keep it as -1 :D 

Okay, yes thats why i applyed the newest update, cause it said that it will remove all mods installed, and it did.

But there is still something wrong^^ I have only tested one of the versions. The one i posted just above here after i downloaded newest patch :) 

And the char dies, as soon as i begin a game :P And i wanted to check druids HLA's cause making a werewolf kit also :P GELKITWW xD But even when i start the game as druid char dies and game crashes, even though no druids kits implemented and the mindflayer kit is atm. unistalled via weidu setup :P Something is really wrong :P I think i might have to un-install entire bg2ee and reinstall it xD Dno :P

#13 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:51 PM

Uninstall the game, remove the game folder and then reinstall the game, apply every patch the game has, start a new game see if the settings etc are ok, and then exit and install mods.
Yeah, that's what you should do every time the game get's an update.

Edited by The Imp, 23 October 2015 - 02:53 PM.

#14 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:47 PM

Okay, thanks :) ill do this :)

#15 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:46 PM

Now that i found out that it is the xp cap mode who fucked it up i can kontonr to test this :)

#16 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:43 AM

Ye, so now that i can install and start game as illithid this is ok, except for that i cannot select Priest of chutulu.

Im trying to see true the tp2 file, but i cant find out why... This kit should be working as long as im able to select Priest of chutulu. 

Need help, kit under here:

Attached File  imps version.rar   1.71MB   163 downloads

Edit1:

I tryed adding a inlcude line, but dident work..

INCLUDE "GELKITMG/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa" //"example/library/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa"

Cause did not find the kit...

Here is the log when i tryed that:

Attached File  SETUP-GELKITMF.DEBUG   14.25K   227 downloads

Edited by Gel87, 27 October 2015 - 06:51 AM.

#17 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:06 AM

The G should be a F, folder names and all that ... It was a clear typo.

#18 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:42 AM

The G should be a F, folder names and all that ... It was a clear typo.

No the

INCLUDE "GELKITMF/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa" //"example/library/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa"

is already there,

i tryed to add a second line:

because it looks like priest of chuculu uses that kit name(with G). So it start out as a FIGHTER Priest of Chuculu, it add super kit gelkitmf. Script reads this and change u into a illithid MAGE?

Copied from the TP2 file, showing GELKITMG

ADD_KIT ~GELKITMG~ // this is the internal name of the kit, don't bother if it isn't pretty

~GELKITMG                0           0           0           0           0           0           0           0~
//WEAPPROF.2DA
//11                               T   S           F   Q             S S
//10                               W   C           L   U             W I
//9        BG1p-          *B L S   O   I   W       A   A             O N
//8        roffs          *A O H   H   M   A       I   R C   S       R G
//7        L S  '        M*S N O   A   I   R     H L   T R L H     2 D L 2                 E E E E E E E E E E E
//6        _ _       S   I*T G R   N K T D H     A M   E O O O     H A E W E E E E E E E E X X X X X X X X X X X
//5        S S   S B P   S*A S T   D A A A A   S L O   R S N R   S A N W E X X X X X X X X T T T T T T T T T T T
//4        W W   P L I   S*R W S   E T R G M C P B R M S S G T D L N D E A T T T T T T T T R R R R R R R R R R R
//3        O O B E U K A I*D O W A D A W G M L E E N A T B B B A I D S A P R R R R R R R R A A A A A A A A A A A
//2        R R O A N E X L*S R O X S N A E E U A R I C A O O O R N E H P O A A A A A A A A 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2
//1        D D W R T D E E*W D R E W A K R R B R D N E F W W W T G D I O N 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

~GELKITMG 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~
~GELKITMG                10      18      9       18       9        10~
~GELKITMG                0       0       -7      0        -7       0~
~GELKITMG                0       0       0       0        0        0~
~GELKITMG                0       0       0       0        0        1       0       1       1~
~GELKITMF/GELCLA1.2da~   // "example/library/GELCLA01.2da"
~K_F_H K_F_HE K_F_HO K_F_E~
~~0x00004000      2~
~GELLU~
~* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *~

SAY ~priest of cthulhu~
SAY ~Priest of Cthulhu~
SAY ~PRIEST OF CTHULCHU:

#19 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:08 AM

That's the FOLDER NAME you need to follow it as its the one in the archive, as in, it's a directory ends with a *F, just like with this:
~GELKITMF/GELCLA1.2da~ 
in the above...  ... Caps lock, horrible thing.

Now, the .tp2 file then adds a function that is then used later to add in the functionality that allows the selection of the kit in the start of the game, with it's use, with this:

LAF fl#add_kit_ee
  STR_VAR
    kit_name = ~GELKITMF~
clswpbon = ~1 0 3~
numwslot = ~2~
clascolr = ~35 67 67 25 80~
clasiskl = ~0 0 0 0 0 0 0~
thiefscl = ~0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~
hpclass = ~GELHP01~
clsrcreq = ~1 1 1 0 0 0~
clasthac = ~3~
END
Yes, I removed the out commented lines...

Edited by The Imp, 27 October 2015 - 09:21 AM.

#20 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:44 AM

That's the FOLDER NAME you need to follow it as its the one in the archive, as in, it's a directory ends with a *F, just like with this:

~GELKITMF/GELCLA1.2da~ 
in the above...  ... Caps lock, horrible thing.

Now, the .tp2 file then adds a function that is then used later to add in the functionality that allows the selection of the kit in the start of the game, with it's use, with this:

LAF fl#add_kit_ee
  STR_VAR
    kit_name = ~GELKITMF~
clswpbon = ~1 0 3~
numwslot = ~2~
clascolr = ~35 67 67 25 80~
clasiskl = ~0 0 0 0 0 0 0~
thiefscl = ~0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~
hpclass = ~GELHP01~
clsrcreq = ~1 1 1 0 0 0~
clasthac = ~3~
END
Yes, I removed the out commented lines...

Ah yes, i see now that its a folder ;d 

But still, Priest of Chuclu is not able to chose. Its there, but its gray, cant choose it. Have tryed, elf, human, half elf etc ;d 

I can get the illithid kit to work the old way, but that way i needed to level 1 level before he would use the shapechange spell.

I would love to be able to shapechange directly like priest of chuculu is intended, but can't chose it :S Dno why :S