Photo

Problems with kit, mindflayer

A few different problems.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:38 AM

Ouh yeah... this:

kit_name = ~GELKITMF~

Should be:

kit_name = ~GELKITMG~

There's nothing else that needs to be done. As that's the start kit, the second doesn't need to be select-able at all and this;

~GELKITMF/GELCLA2.2da~   // "example/library/GELCLA01.2da"
    // this are the races that can choose the kit-- for example, K_T_H means thief human
    // and K_T_D means dwarf thief, so putting those here would make this kit selectable by those classes (from KITTABLE.2DA).
  ~K_F_H K_F_HE K_F_HO K_F_E~

Should be:

// this are the races that can choose the kit-- for example, K_T_H means thief human
    // and K_T_D means dwarf thief, so putting those here would make this kit selectable by those classes (from KITTABLE.2DA).
  ~~

This is because the F -kit one doesn't need to be select-able AT ALL ? If my memory serves.. And yes, there's a reason why this is made this way. I am pretty sure it sounds a bit crazy, but this is the fact. Now of course you can add another serie of code that code that starts with LAF fl#add_kit_ee and ends in the END, for the *F kit, but that defeats the purpose. Up to a point.

Edited by The Imp, 27 October 2015 - 12:32 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#22 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:34 PM

Ouh yeah... this:
    kit_name = ~GELKITMF~

Should be:

kit_name = ~GELKITMG~

There's nothing else that needs to be done. As that's the start kit, the second doesn't need to be select-able at all and this;

~K_F_H K_F_HE K_F_HO K_F_E~

Should be:

~~

This is because the F -kit one doesn't need to be select-able AT ALL ? If my memory serves.. And yes, there's a reason why this is made this way.

Okay ^^ 

I will do those stuff when im done re-installing bg2ee^^ I modified so hard "live" on both kits and override folder in bg2 folder that i cannot uninnstall them anymore xD Dno, im doing something wrong there :P 

I will remove those K_*_* stuff, actually its done.

So i change kit_name into GELKITMG. In the LAF function block?

#23 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:38 PM

So i change kit_name into GELKITMG. In the LAF function block?
Yes, and last 2 minute edit to the above post. :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#24 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:54 PM

It works now :) thanks a lot :) i need to change a couple of spells a little since atm it gets 5bonus thaco, 1 bonus def, 1 bonus str dex etc from bg1 books etc. 3 times, i changed thaco to 1 and have a book whith bg1 stats instead given at gelspel08, so u wont get twice if importing from bg1. And spell at level 1 Will now be a other spell which add a weaker +2 attack and psionic domination as Only skill. Level 9 cla spell can be removed i think from table :)

Edited by Gel87, 27 October 2015 - 11:48 PM.

#25 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:12 AM

Here is the current working kit, with reworked spells and items to make it less overpowered :) 

Attached File  Mindflayer kit BG2 ready.rar   1.71MB   159 downloads

That one works good at BG2EE.

But i want it ready for BG1 as well ^^ 

So that it cast mindflayer spell at level 1.

I have made a new spell for that, with a less dmg'ing +2 devour attack and doesent gain same innate spells either, the spell itself also polymorph into mindflayer.

Spell name is GELSPL00.spl

I added it to:

GELCLA2 at level 1.

Will this work automaticly or does it need a script? Need your help Mr imp^^

I also made a spell "recast illithid flesh" GELSPL26.spl.

This will be assigned to cast once a day after the use of GELSPL00.spl.

It will only change the psychical look, usefull after the silver dragon have made u back to elf again after drowform in underdark. Actually GELSPL00 could be used for this as well. As its the same, except adding different wepons, and i guess that would be better as the gelspl00 spell gives u a crap devour attack, and gelspl26 gives a +6 attack, which would be fault if u havent achieved that yet :P And if you have achieved that u can only use a re-equip devour attack spell to get current attack form.

Are u able to make a script for the drow part issue as well? :P (issue is that you turn elf after doing the quest for the dragon and he gonna turn u back)

#26 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:40 AM

But i want it ready for BG1 as well ^^ 
Erhm, the point of the whole system is to make the character get the class and the form at level 2, as doing it at level one is cheesy to the max. Well, actually it's also a really lot harder and worse to implement etc. Aka the result is worse, you will not like it. .. or that was the consensus of my trials. The last times I did some significant tries with this. It was fair bit ago.
And you don't have kits in BG1. :P Yes, I am talking about the original game. .. :devil:
It's better to just make the kit to have the change at level 2. Be the game BGT-ed BG2, Tutu, BG1EE or BG2EE. Or the BGEE - Siege of the Dragon Spear, aka the Adventure Y. Or was it X... whateve.... or BGEET.

This all comes down to the fact that this is a Mage'-like kit for a fighter, as you can't make a mage kit in the game. In EE games now you can now have Sorcerer kits too, but that's not that's same thing.

Edited by The Imp, 28 October 2015 - 06:09 AM.

#27 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:02 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Imp" data-cid="581890" data-time="1446039650"><p>
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Gel87" data-cid="581889"><p>But i want it ready for BG1 as well ^^ </p></blockquote>Erhm, the point of the whole system is to make the character get the class and the form at level 2, as doing it at level one is cheesy to the max. Well, actually it's also a really lot harder and worse to implement etc. Aka the result is worse, you will not like it. .. or that was the consensus of my trials. The last times I did some significant tries with this. It was fair but ago.<br />
And you don't have kits in BG1. :P Yes, I am talking about the original game. .. :devil:<br />
It's better to just make the kit to have the change at level 2. Be the game BGT-ed BG2, Tutu, BG1EE or BG2EE. Or the BGEE - Siege of the Dragon Spear, aka the Adventure Y. Or was it X... whateve.... or BGEET.</p></blockquote>

Okay, so i nearf the gelspl08 a little and its ready for Both bgee? :)

#28 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:14 AM

Well, or you apply another spell at level 2... and then a better at higher levels.
You can also ask me to make this into an easy Sorcerer kit... if you would like that class better. Yes, I edited the above post again. :P That will of course remove the non EE game compatibility.

Edited by The Imp, 28 October 2015 - 06:16 AM.

#29 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:29 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Imp" data-cid="581892" data-time="1446041641"><p>
Well, or you apply another spell at level 2... and then a better at higher levels.<br />
You can also ask me to make this into an easy Sorcerer kit... if you would like that class better. Yes, I edited the above post again. :P That will of course remove the non EE game compatibility.</p></blockquote>

I dont like sorcress :P
Ye oki, so applying gelspl00 at level 2 instead of level 1 where i Put it at table? Does it still need a script like gelspl08 Has?

Sry if fucked up quotes, im at phone :)

#30 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:01 AM

Don't worry about the quotes... it happens on phones.
What I remember, the spell just summons the invisible creature, and at most sets a global value. The creature then uses it's assigned the script, so yes, it has to be there. EDIT, yeah, that was based on my solution... yours actually relies on the baldur.bcs, which is absolutely the worse script to extend to(this is an opinion), because it can fail badly ... you quoted out my script, .cre and .eff file copy'es. I can't say for sure about the solution you have... but it does require the script extension. Perhaps just not the spell at all ... as the kit will cast the spell(during level up ) on the character that then allows the forced polymorph/reshape and weapon etc gain.

Edited by The Imp, 28 October 2015 - 07:05 AM.

#31 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:43 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Imp" data-cid="581894" data-time="1446044517"><p>
Don't worry about the quotes... it happens on phones.<br />
What I remember, the spell just summons the invisible creature, and at most sets a global value. The creature then uses it's assigned the script, so yes, it has to be there. EDIT, yeah, that was based on my solution... yours actually relies on the baldur.bcs, which is absolutely the worse script to extend to(this is an opinion), because it can fail badly ... you quoted out my script, .cre and .eff file copy'es. I can't say for sure about the solution you have... but it does require the script extension. Perhaps just not the spell at all ... as the kit will cast the spell(during level up ) on the character that then allows the forced polymorph/reshape and weapon etc gain.</p></blockquote>

Okei, ill Put it back as it was, and Put a level requirement effect on things in spell like i have on werewolf spells :)

Edited by Gel87, 28 October 2015 - 07:55 AM.

#32 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:05 AM

Actually... I'll try something and check if it works--- I'll use the above "Mindflayer kit BG2 ready.rar" -files as the base... be back in a day.. less, hopefully.

#33 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:36 PM

Actually... I'll try something and check if it works--- I'll use the above "Mindflayer kit BG2 ready.rar" -files as the base... be back in a day.. less, hopefully.

U can rather use this ^^ This is the newest version of the kit.

I made GELSPL08 such that its previous effects and albility became minimum level 6.

Copied that, removed overpowered stuff and made a minimum level 1 albility, which adds spells like Lesser Psionic Blast instead etc.

In that way its the same spell, but its nearfed a little in level 2 version^^ 

Im also done nearfing, checking and reworking spells and eqs into a total better version and added a "Read Me" document.

Here is my last version of the kit, should be lovely, a spesial thankyou to ur help is added in the readme file :D:

Edit: Did a little mistake on the level requirements on skill. Fixed now, uploaded again.

Attached File  Gel87's Mindflayer mod.rar   1.71MB   157 downloads

- What it misses is auto cast "recast illithid flesh" script after doing the silver dragon's quest(the spell is now availeble from level 2 as a casting spell once a day) When u turn from drow into whatever class u choose, elf, human etc instead of mindflayer. Albilities etc still there, so just casting a simple polymorph spell is needed(Recast Illithid Flesh)

- It also miss automatic copying of portraits, that doesent work on my pc at least, can be because i have a portrait folder under C:/Users/"my user"/documents/BG2EE

My plan is to get the LU table to work on werewolf kit.

Add a sirine kit (a kinda archer thingy,with dangerous kisses and with some innate albilities which fits its type(charm, invisibilty etc)

Add a Demon kit(as a thief) who is a good 2handed sword user, with pretty fire based innate attacks and some other stuff that fits a demon.

The mindflayer will be a little overpowered, but its my first mod(exept changing some items xD), so then it becomes a little overpowered ;d It was kinda always compared by me towards a fighter/mage who is kinda the best original class to bash the game in a single run, espesially when i often had use all items for casomyr+5 sword usage as well ;d 

Then download BGEET, start a multiplayer game like u said with the 4 classes and run true the entire game with them 4 :D

I maby also make a item mod, dno add some bows for sirine, a buckler for werewolf(he already got gloves) some upgrade items stuff etc^^ 

I think the sirine will have a spell to make psn arrows pr. day :D Will be fun^^ 

Edited by Gel87, 28 October 2015 - 01:26 PM.

#34 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:50 PM

Btw, when i start a bg2ee game. 

Im level 7 and the spell works perfect.

But the spell is also assigned at the table in level 8. That means when u start a game the items given at level 7 will again be given at level 8 :P Not that it makes a big problem, but i guess it can fuck up stuff if u have other items in those slots? :) 

Can i remove the skill at level 8 on the cla2 table? :) 

#35 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:56 PM

Let me do my bit and... we'll see it later.
And you have to fix the the level requirements on skill yourself. Aka what ever you have done after the version I downloaded already.

Edited by The Imp, 28 October 2015 - 02:36 PM.

#36 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:14 PM

Let me do my bit and... we'll see it later.
And you have to fix the the level requirements on skill yourself. Aka what ever you have done after the version I downloaded already.

Sure i can fix that^^ 

However, if u got time, can u check my werewolf kit as well? I still can't get the LU table to work on that one. I have tryed to make it as simular as this kit on the LU table, it still dont work... :S Tryed for hours now ;d Reason why i fail is cause i dont think i totally understand that part fully.

U copy it to override folder, with a name that starts with LU? 

U make a short name for the LUABBR.2da. Where it actually ends. Just dont work xD

#37 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:19 AM

Btw, when i start a bg2ee game.
Im level 7 and the spell works perfect.
But the spell is also assigned at the table in level 8. That means when u start a game the items given at level 7 will again be given at level 8 :P Not that it makes a big problem

Erhm, in my honest opinion, this is the complete wrong way to do this. the reason being that you apply the spell via the GELCLA2.2DA -file with AP_GELSPL08 ... but you probably should allow the player to cast the spell when he wants to. Aka use the GA_GELSPL08, casting icon etc, so the player can cast the spell manually which then creates the tentacles (items). As in, they are not enforced to be in use, and then also allow them not to be in use with a different spell*. The effect zero(the ) probably should be in a different spell... and thus it shall be in (ge#spl.spl that gets ti be) ge1cre.spl too. :devil: The rest I'll leave up to you.
K, the file got stuck in shsforums IO error, so it's here for now..

With that, install it in BG1EE, yes, it installs there too now, and start a new adventure as a level 1 priest of ... as a fighter. Spoilers ahead:

Spoiler
I have removed the unnecessary extra files, like the invicre, gelevel etc. But their husk can be found in the .2da files hunting you, so removing then would probably be good.

*I can make this spell so long as you give the file names for each of the items... and it's likely to be best if I handle the item spell, but I'll have to do that at a different time, as I'll be doing something different now.

Edited by The Imp, 29 October 2015 - 08:45 AM.

#38 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:53 AM

I Will check it out later when i come on pc. I like that gelspl08 autocast, i rather make a New spell to assign book of bg1ee experience, book of bg1ee stats, cloak of balduran and and paws of cheeta. And i would like a spell who automaticly learn magic missle, skull crush, identify and blur and Mirror immage and haste :) but i dont know how to, maby just and it at cla table is easiest.

Btw:

All spells and items are listed in the read me file:

Attached File  Read Me.txt   4.54K   173 downloads

Although i check ur new mod example ^^ And see now first :P

I tested it with a start at bg2ee.

I like that now u turn mindflayer before movie even start^^ But its not turning mage yet. I think the Gelevel spl. is needed for that, but maby it was the level restriction on gelspl08 who fucked it up, i will check :S

But the level restriction stuff on gelspl08 worked bad and fucked things up. So i removed that.

Have tested in bg1ee now also, it works awsome :D (after i removed the level restrictions on gelspl08)

Now i will remove items given, add recast illithid flesh, casting that spell will automaticly generate a new one, so it can't be used up :)

I will add a few spells given to spellbook at different leves(magic missle + identify + mirror image at level 1, blur at level 2, skulltrap, melf's minute shower and haste at level 4-5)

The cloak of balduran i think would be better to just assign on a creature(the demon in irenicus cave?, you know how i can find his true name?), or in stash with helm of balduran.

Boots of cheeta is just something i use to make the game go faster(and they are other boots in bg1 anyway), and i guess people who like adding theese can just do via eekeeper if they want them. Books of bg1ee experience & book of bg1ee stats is only ment to be used for people who want the adds given troughout bg1 via the books there, or adding the exp as if they played singel char true bg1ee but diden't bother to do so and started stright away at bg2ee.. So maby those should be added somehow only for bg2ee, but i dont know how to do so xD Or, if im able to put them in the picture imoen can disarm and unlock at bg2ee in start point close to golem, then it would be a ok solution :D

Also the teleport spell i guess i should copy and make a gelsplxx out of it, so that it can be used in bg1ee as well. Since then its copied. Ye, i copied it now, its GELSPL28.

The Portraits doesent work at my pc, maby because i already have a portrait folder on my pc. Well they get copied. I saw them in nearinfinity. I think maby if i delete my portraits folder in c:/user/documents/baldur's gate II enhanced edition/portraits where the saves also are located they will work. Read something about that a year ago when i was googling stuff ;d 

If i put haste, skulltrap etc spell like this in cla2 table. Then they will autoassign into spellbook like mages, hla spells(dragon breath etc)?

Added spells to cla table.png

Edited by Gel87, 29 October 2015 - 12:21 PM.

#39 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:39 AM

And i would like a spell who automaticly learn magic missle, skull crush, identify and blur and Mirror immage and haste :) but i dont know how to, maby just and it at cla table is easiest.
Well, just change the gelcla.2da to have:
ABILITY7    GA_SPWI112  ****        GA_SPWI201  ****        GA_SPWI313  ****        ****        ****        
ABILITY8    GA_SPWI110  ****        GA_SPWI212  ****        GA_SPWI305  ****        ****        ****        
ABILITY9    ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        
ABILITY10   ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        
Skull trap, not crush. :P

The mage class & kit are the result of the script that needs to run a few seconds after the game starts. The ge1cre.spl spell initialize it.

Edited by The Imp, 29 October 2015 - 11:58 AM.

#40 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:21 PM

And i would like a spell who automaticly learn magic missle, skull crush, identify and blur and Mirror immage and haste :) but i dont know how to, maby just and it at cla table is easiest.
Well, just change the gelcla.2da to have:
ABILITY7    GA_SPWI112  ****        GA_SPWI201  ****        GA_SPWI313  ****        ****        ****        
ABILITY8    GA_SPWI110  ****        GA_SPWI212  ****        GA_SPWI305  ****        ****        ****        
ABILITY9    ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        
ABILITY10   ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        
Skull trap, not crush. :P

The mage class & kit are the result of the script that needs to run a few seconds after the game starts. The ge1cre.spl spell initialize it.

They are added now^^ Edited post above^^