Photo

Problems with kit, mindflayer

A few different problems.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:07 PM

If i put haste, skulltrap etc spell like this in cla2 table. Then they will autoassign into spellbook like mages, hla spells(dragon breath etc)?
Well, it need to be the learn-able spell specifically(the spwi* starting ones usually are the correct, unless there's multiple), not just any random magic missile spell, but yeah. And because it's assigned by the effect table, you won't gain the XP. Other than that, this is a good way to add certain amount off extra spells.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#42 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:45 PM

If i put haste, skulltrap etc spell like this in cla2 table. Then they will autoassign into spellbook like mages, hla spells(dragon breath etc)?
Well, it need to be the learn-able spell specifically(the spwi* starting ones usually are the correct, unless there's multiple), not just any random magic missile spell, but yeah. And because it's assigned by the effect table, you won't gain the XP. Other than that, this is a good way to add certain amount off extra spells.

Okay :D It works perfect for bg1ee now :)

On bg2ee it wont change into mage class, ergo not gaining the illithid kit. (still a figher even after leveling). It is a mindflayer creature however, even before movie starts(which i love <3)  :D

How can we fix this? :)

I have made a few reworks in the new kit:

- Added info on read-me.

- Removed items gained on GELSPL08, and removed level requirements, added "recast illithid flesh", added "Remove Devour attack",

added "Lesser Psionic Blast", added GELSPL28("Teleport without Error") instead of original spell("obhtelwe") who doesen't appear in bg1.

Meaning: U have "+2 devour attack" auto put in wep slot, u can remove it + any other of the devour attacks with "remove devour attack", u can "recast illithid flesh" in situations like where u come back from drowshape. And u learn the spells mention above.

- I have added english description and added copy etc for the new spell(gelspl28).

Whats i want to do next:

- Make it also work incase u start a fresh game in bg2ee.

- Add cloak of balduran(CLCK05.itm) to the demonic creature with globe around him in irenicus cave(or into same stash as balduran helm is in) Found him: IDEMON01.CRE. I will add cloak of balduran there^^ But maby i should add a other mod just for that?

- Add the 2 books(GELITM02.itm & GELITM04.itm) into the picture where u find key to jaheiras cage.

- Fix issue that Shapechange: Greater Ulitharid(GELSPL12.spl) & Vampiric Ulitharid(GELSPL13.spl) & Increased Properties(GELSPL22.spl) don't have a picture in the HLA table(i dont know how to fix this :P )

- Fix issue that Maximal protection(GELSPL21.spl) dont have a picture in magebook or on HLA table(wierd with magebook since i copied base of Ghost armor, but maby was wrong source i used) EDIT: Fixed this now, i had used a faulty source, now uses a SPWI icon. But i guess it wont appear at HLA table :P But for spellbook it should be fixed now :) (not in the uploaded version though ;D)

Here is the newest version of our kit:

Attached File  Our Mindflayer.rar   1.72MB   132 downloads

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~tob bg2ee~ THEN BEGIN
//Part 3 (add item to an existing creature, in this case the Cambion in irenicus cave, Cambion)
COPY_EXISTING ~IDEMON01.CRE~ ~override/IDEMON01.CRE~
  ADD_CRE_ITEM ~CLCK05.itm~ #0 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~inv11~
END

This diden't work...
Im guessing the game is called something else... What should i call the game? Or how can i edit this to work? :)

Well, now i did this:

//Part 3 (add item to an existing creature, in this case the shadow dragon, Thaxll'ssillyia)
COPY_EXISTING ~SHADRA01.cre~ ~override/SHADRA01.cre~
  ADD_CRE_ITEM ~GELITM03.itm~ #0 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~inv11~

//Part 3 (add item to an existing creature, in this case the Cambion in irenicus cave, Cambion)

The cambion diden't drop cloak05.
Even though it is applied to creature.
Cambion cloak of balduran.png

Edited by Gel87, 29 October 2015 - 03:40 PM.

#43 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:38 PM

END

This diden't work...
Yeah, it has the .itm to much. :P So just use:
  ADD_CRE_ITEM ~CLCK05~ #0 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~inv11~
END
... see, it was just TOO easy. :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#44 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:45 PM

END

This diden't work...
Yeah, it has the .itm to much. :P So just use:
  ADD_CRE_ITEM ~CLCK05~ #0 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~inv11~
END
... see, it was just TOO easy. :devil:

I did as you said now :)

And now the creature shows CLCK05(Cloak of Balduran) at Inventory 11. 

But it doesent drop it. Is that because im with the wrong kit? Will it only drop for my kit? :)

Tried with illithid kit made via ee-keeper also, dont work...

I think its beeing put on the creature as a non droppable object? The item itself is a droppable item(flagged as such)

Also, he wont turn mage if i start a bg2ee game.

But can we use somehting like this:

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~tob bg2ee~ THEN BEGIN // or whatever my game is called xD

Set global value (5)

IF kit Fighter/Illithid (thats what ee keeper says i am atm, but it does only show as FIGHTER ingame)

THEN Summon the creature to make me mindflayer

(dont know how to write it, but something ala this? ;d )

Will it then function the way that if u start bg1ee it works as now. but if u start bg2ee directly u will transform via theese setings? :)

Edited by Gel87, 29 October 2015 - 04:03 PM.

#45 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:55 PM

Well, erhm, if you are already visiting the area the creature is in your save game, you cannot change the .cre file as the save game has already saved the creature into the area's memory for that (save)game. You can CLUAConsole a new creature with the same name and have that "drop" the item, when you kill it. But the old won't have it. But of course when you start a new game, it doesn't have anything saved in the area files, so the change will take place... so did you load a savegame that could have saved the edited creature in it already, before you made the edit with the mods install ?

Edited by The Imp, 29 October 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#46 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:11 PM

Well, erhm, if you are already visiting the area the creature is in your save game, you cannot change the .cre file as the save game has already saved the creature into the area's memory. You can CLUAConsole a new creature with the same name and have that "drop" the item, when you kill it. But the old won't have it. But of course when you start a new game, it doesn't have anything saved in the area files, so the change will take place... so did you load a savegame that could have saved the edited creature in it already, before you made the edit with the mods install ?

I tryed starting a new game, it still dident drop :S 

Is it cause its at inventory 11? ~inv11~

Should i rather put it at ~cloak~ or whatever that is called?

I also see creature has its own script, maby that says it will only drop Chainmail + Sword of chaos +2?

Overide Script: DEMON01.BCS

IF
GlobalLT("DemonWheel","AR0602",2)
See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
Delay(7)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
PlaySound("TANAR01")
RESPONSE #100
PlaySound("TANAR02")
RESPONSE #100
PlaySound("TANAR03")
RESPONSE #100
PlaySound("TANAR04")
END

IF
Global("DemonWheel","AR0602",2)
See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
THEN
RESPONSE #100
PlaySound("EFF_P13")
PlaySound("OGREM01")
ChangeAnimation("IDEMON02") // Cambion
END

Maby i should use IDEMON02.CRE?

EDIT:
YES! That worked :D:D:D

IDEMON01.CRE is when he is inside globe, IDEMON02.CRE is when he leaves globe :D

EDIT X:
Now, how do i find the picture with key to Jaheiras cage in nearinfinity? Can i assign items to there as well in the same way? :) 

Edited by Gel87, 29 October 2015 - 04:26 PM.

#47 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

Now, how do i find the picture with key to Jaheiras cage in nearinfinity? Can i assign items to there as well in the same way? :)

It'd a container 32 in the ar0602.are file. So with that and from here this

ADD_AREA_ITEM: adds an item to a container of an area. This is a PATCH macro and function.
SPRINT item_to_add to the item you want to add
SET container_to_add_to to the number of the container the item should be added to. The count starts at 1.
SPRINT flags to flags the item should have (usual weidu syntax: STOLEN, IDENTIFIEDSTOLEN, etc). Default - no flags.
SET charges1 to amount in stock/number of charges of first magical ability (default 0)
SET charges2 to number of charges of second magical ability (default 0)
SET charges3 to number of charges of third magical ability (default 0)

Unfortunately there's no good tutorial there... it's a patch function, so it works just like the LAF fl#add_kit_ee .. but the function is already stored in the weidu.exe, so you don't need to include a library for it.

#48 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:59 PM

So basically you:

COPY_EXISTING ~ar0602.are~ ~override~
LPF ~ADD_AREA_ITEM~ STR_VAR item_to_add_to=CLCK05 INT_VAR container_to_add_to=32 END

But of course you probably want to add a different item, so just replace the clck05 with that items name. I took the 32 from Near Infinity...

Edited by The Imp, 29 October 2015 - 05:22 PM.

#49 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:34 AM

So basically you:

LPF ~ADD_AREA_ITEM~ STR_VAR item_to_add_to=CLCK05 INT_VAR container_to_add_to=32 END

But of course you probably want to add a different item, so just replace the clck05 with that items name. I took the 32 from Near Infinity...

Wow, thanks a lot :) ill add those books then :)

How can i add more than one item to same container? :) 

Edited by Gel87, 30 October 2015 - 03:04 AM.

#50 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:44 AM

You can use the same function multiple times... so for example:
LPF ~ADD_AREA_ITEM~ STR_VAR item_to_add_to=BOOK03 INT_VAR container_to_add_to=32 END
LPF ~ADD_AREA_ITEM~ STR_VAR item_to_add_to=BOOK04 INT_VAR container_to_add_to=32 END
LPF ~ADD_AREA_ITEM~ STR_VAR item_to_add_to=BOOK05 INT_VAR container_to_add_to=32 END
LPF ~ADD_AREA_ITEM~ STR_VAR item_to_add_to=BOOK06 INT_VAR container_to_add_to=32 END
LPF ~ADD_AREA_ITEM~ STR_VAR item_to_add_to=BOOK07 INT_VAR container_to_add_to=32 END
LPF ~ADD_AREA_ITEM~ STR_VAR item_to_add_to=BOOK08 INT_VAR container_to_add_to=32 END
LPF ~ADD_AREA_ITEM~ STR_VAR item_to_add_to=BOOK08 INT_VAR container_to_add_to=32 END
Should give you +1 to all stats via the books, and well the +3 to wisdom.

#51 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:51 AM

So basically you:

Wow, thanks a lot :) ill add those books then :)

How can i add more than one item to same container? :)

A short question on the side (I am interested in that code). The 32 is container #32 in ar 0602, right? (i.e.the box behind the picture in Irenicus dungeon)

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#52 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:02 AM

A short question on the side (I am interested in that code). The 32 is container #32 in ar 0602, right? (i.e.the box behind the picture in Irenicus dungeon)
Should be yeah... didn't actually test the code above... but I am somewhat sure it will do the trick. I have used it in the past, but I didn't look up that solution on this, but I used other code to do it... from another LPF code I had in store.

#53 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

How can i make an innate albility out of a SPWI spell in near infinity? Like forexample magic missle? Fireball etc? They don't appear at the innate spots :S 

Have also started on a demon thief kit^^ A 2 hand sword cambion, a master of invisiblity, demons, death and fire^^ 

Edit: Nvm, was able to do so now^^

Only problem with it is that when i have changed some stuff it attacks several people instead of 1 several times xD Including myself, and im not able to add dmg to it^^ Looks like it only looks for mage level, how can i change that? :) 

Edited by Gel87, 30 October 2015 - 08:44 AM.

#54 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:40 AM

How can i make an innate albility out of a SPWI spell in near infinity?
Well, it takes a bit. You might have gotten it, but so others can read it from here as well...
You first have to mark the spell as innate in the spell type offset aka 0x1c in the Edit view, and then you open each of the spell abilities and mark those as innates in the ability locations.

#55 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:06 PM

Well, it takes a bit. You might have gotten it, but so others can read it from here as well...
You first have to mark the spell as innate in the spell type offset aka 0x1c in the Edit view, and then you open each of the spell abilities and mark those as innates in the ability locations.

Ye, had forgotten to open each albility and put correct location at first try xD

#56 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:31 AM

is this correct way of doing backstab?

// this is the backstab progressions rate (one number/level, 40 levels), only for kits that need backstab
    backstab = ~2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 6 6 6 7 7 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~

or is this more correct? :)

// this is the backstab progressions rate (one number/level, 40 levels), only for kits that need backstab
    backstab = ~2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 6 6 6 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8~

Edited by Gel87, 31 October 2015 - 12:33 AM.

#57 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:02 AM

Do you have time to help me such that the mindflayer kit activate on bg2ee also? It   :D It doesent atm :S Dno why :S 

Made another kit as well, a simple thief kit. Shadow Demon. That kit dont get activated either :S It just says thief in the inventory. Should say Shadow Demon. Both in bg1ee and bg2ee. My Setup-Kit is probarly weidu 360000. Does that fuck it up? Because it auto update to 380000 when im installing it.

Mindflayer kit, just say figher in inventory picture in bg2ee, should say Priest Of Ctuhulu and after activation Illithid, bg1ee(verfied Priest of ctulu, then became mage, then became Illithid in bg1ee).

Maby something wrong with my installation?

Maby something wrong wiht my bg2ee rootfolder as mindflayer kit worked on bg1ee?

The wierdo part is that the werewolf kit said TrueWereWolf in inventory at bg2ee & bg1ee and works correrct in both.

After installing Shadow Demon kit on bg1ee, and also weidu has updated to version 380000 on both games something have happened... My guess there is a problem with that?

I also got this when starting bg1ee now^^ Probarly a error in my kit there(happens both for werewolf and demon kits)

BG1EE bug.png

Here are all 3 kits newest revisions incase there are something buggy with them, but there should not be(except for the werewolf and thief profience table):

Attached File  Gel87's Shadow Demon Kit.rar   859.84K   167 downloads

Attached File  Gel87's Werewolf mod.rar   853.41K   163 downloads

Attached File  Our Mindflayer.rar   1.72MB   144 downloads

Here is the autoweidu update im talking about:

The weidu auto update im talking about.png

Found a fault in the thief demon kit.

It had usability class of shapeshifter dudu.

Changed it into assasin. And bam, now it works in bg2ee.

But now game crashes if i start as that in bg1ee xD

Edited by Gel87, 31 October 2015 - 03:41 AM.

#58 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:06 AM

My Setup-Kit is probarly weidu 360000. Does that fuck it up? Because it auto update to 380000 when im installing it.
Nope. there's no such :P :P :P
See the most up to date public version is v238(00), and you can see that in the picture up above. The higher the version, the better ... always. The update takes a few seconds to process... so it would be best to use the same version the most up to date one at the start.
That kit dont get activated either
This is probably because you have to know where it's going, is it going to need to use the class and kit change, or just a regular kit, if it's the first you need to logically change the .spl file, the .eff file and the .cre file so they each reflect the small change you intent to do to activate the script that does all the action in game(the class, kit and other changes). If it's the later, well none of that's needed, just add a a gain-able item that changes the characters avatar appearance. The Mindflayer kit is not the best case example in that.
    backstab = ~2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 6 6 6 7 7 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~

backstab = ~2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 6 6 6 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8~
Well, it's in the middle, the zeroes are wrong in the first, the 8 is definitely too much in most cases. As that's the damage multiplier. The normal thief in my mind should have something like this:

backstab = ~1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5~

I am aware that the mindflayer has the above 'string' error in the BG1EE too, but I can't say the exact reason... I have to get back to it as some point... as I don't always have an access to a computer that has the game. Nor BG2EE.

Edited by The Imp, 31 October 2015 - 04:10 AM.

#59 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:22 AM

My Setup-Kit is probarly weidu 360000. Does that fuck it up? Because it auto update to 380000 when im installing it.
Nope. there's no such :P :P :P
See the most up to date public version is v238(00), and you can see that in the picture up above. The higher the version, the better ... always. The update takes a few seconds to process... so it would be best to use the same version the most up to date one at the start.
That kit dont get activated either
This is probably because you have to know where it's going, is it going to need to use the class and kit change, or just a regular kit, if it's the first you need to logically change the .spl file, the .eff file and the .cre file so they each reflect the small change you intent to do to activate the script that does all the action in game(the class, kit and other changes). If it's the later, well none of that's needed, just add a a gain-able item that changes the characters avatar appearance. The Mindflayer kit is not the best case example in that.

Well, it's in the middle, the zeroes are wrong in the first, the 8 is definitely too much in most cases. As that's the damage multiplier. The normal thief in my mind should have something like this:

backstab = ~1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5~

I am aware that the mindflayer has the above 'string' error in the BG1EE too, but I can't say the exact reason... I have to get back to it as some point... as I don't always have an access to a computer that has the game. Nor BG2EE.

I think after u install more than 1-3 kits on bg1 there is no room to add a new line on the 25tweap.2da or wtf its called. So the mindflayer kit was installed there before my other kits, so i dident get a issue from that, rather later when i installed other kits. But its not an issue for me atm, it works nice without adding that to the game :) 

However, i made a Ninja Assassin kit. In bg1 it works perfectly(except when placing theiving skills, they are kinda bugged, in bg2 it breaks when im making a character, when im going to the profience/theiving skill(i believe its called "skills")  section on creating a char the game stop working.

So, that makes me think i have a problem with either:

- Usuability number(the 1000x1001      4 forexample, this is just a random number since im not at my pc atm)

- Thieving skills(i put that it should start with 10 10 10 10... and so on)

- 40 start points, and 30 each level.

- I put 100 100 100 and so on at the next point regarding thief skills.

- I used the thief kit which end with 4, this i would like to change into the generalist kit usability flag, but i can't find its number in near infinity... Any1 know this? And in bg1 i can't add points to short bow forexample, even though he can use short bow and i made 2 stars in the kit file to short bow... I hoped that changing this would make it not crash in bg2.

- In bg1 the thieving skills appear wierdly: Detect illusion, when i click this i add stealth, and when i click place trap i add silent walk. Placing skills in detect illusion can only be done at first click before it changes, meaning 1 each level xD

Place trap is impossible to add. (either its a bug with my current bg1 version 1,3, or its a kit bug, i dno)

- There is also a bug with my bg1 which is general: If i put any stars into scimitar/xx/xx game breaks at char making. Nomather what char.

So i guess i need the thief kit generalist and hope that gonna make the kit work in bg2.

So any one know the usability number for Thief-Thief? (generalist)

I will upload the kit later if there is bugs in it, but i have checked it a lot, can't find anything wrong, weidu can't either. xD

#60 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:57 AM

I think after u install more than 1-3 kits on bg1 there is no room to add a new line on the 25tweap.2da or wtf its called. So the mindflayer kit was installed there before my other kits, so i dident get a issue from that, rather later when i installed other kits. But its not an issue for me atm, it works nice without adding that to the game :)
I think there was a point in the old days that exceeding a set amount of vertical rows in the .2da table made the table not work anymore. Now I think it was 'fixed' so the game can exceed the number. And the compiler just freaks for nothing. As the rows should work still.

Anyways, the Thief generalist usability flag is: ~0x00004000 4~