Problems with kit, mindflayer

A few different problems.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:03 PM

I think after u install more than 1-3 kits on bg1 there is no room to add a new line on the 25tweap.2da or wtf its called. So the mindflayer kit was installed there before my other kits, so i dident get a issue from that, rather later when i installed other kits. But its not an issue for me atm, it works nice without adding that to the game :)
I think there was a point in the old days that exceeding a set amount of vertical rows in the .2da table made the table not work anymore. Now I think it was 'fixed' so the game can exceed the number. And the compiler just freaks for nothing. As the rows should work still.

Anyways, the Thief generalist usability flag is: ~0x00004000 4~

Yes, i noticed the kit was added to the list even with the fault comming up ;d

I had been using Blade's one, with a zero to little in the start :P

It is now changed, re-installed. But there is still an issue at same place. When clicking "skills" at character creation the game crashes in bg2, not in bg1.

Ill take a copy of parts involving that and also upload the kit :)

Profience(the description shows a little fault on internet appart from the notepad):

// This are the proficiency in BG1 style, don't bother with them.
  ~GELKITNA                1           1           1           1           1           1           1           1~
   // This are the BG2 proficiencies, pay attention here, use the 2DA table "WEAPPROF"
   // and look into the column n1 for the order they are displayed in. This is appended column-wise.
 //WEAPPROF.2DA
 //11                               T   S           F   Q             S S
 //10                               W   C           L   U             W I
 //9        BG1p-          *B L S   O   I   W       A   A             O N
 //8        roffs          *A O H   H   M   A       I   R C   S       R G
 //7        L S  '        M*S N O   A   I   R     H L   T R L H     2 D L 2                 E E E E E E E E E E E
 //6        _ _            S   I*T G R   N K T D H     A M   E O O O     H A E W E E E E E E E E X X X X X X X X X X X
 //5        S S      S B P        S*A S T   D A A A A   S L O   R S N R   S A N W E X X X X X X X X T T T T T T T T T T T
 //4        W W    P L I      S*R W S   E T R G M C P B R M S S G T D L N D E A T T T T T T T T R R R R R R R R R R R
 //3        O O B  E U K A I*D O W A D A W G M L E E N A T B B B A I D S A P R R R R R R R R A A A A A A A A A A A
 //2        R R O  A N E X L*S R O X S N A E E U A R I C A O O O R N E H P O A A A A A A A A 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2
 //1        D D W R T D E E*W D R E W A K R R B R D N E F W W W T G D I O N 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
  ~GELKITNA 2 2 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 2 0 0 2 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 1 0 2 1 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~
   // minimum stats for the kit. Use low values, otherwise it will be too easy to roll high stats.
  ~GELKITNA                14       17       13       9       9       4~

Usability flag:
  // this is the usability flag for the class followed by the class number
  // (see the table KITLIST.2DA for more information)
  ~0x00004000       4~

Thieving skills:
      // the number of weapon slot that are displayed in the inventory
    numwslot = ~4~
     // 1st value is the amount of Thieving skills point gained at level one and the 2nd is the amount gained in the following levels.
    thiefskl = ~40 30~
       // maximum amount of traps this kit can set (this is optional and only for Thief and Bard kits)
    traplimt = 7 (does there miss ~~ here?)

// this is the BONUS that is given to each kit/class' thieving abilities at level 1
     // appended column-wise to CLASISKL.2DA
     // note that they are 7 values, Pick Pockets, Open Locks, Find Traps
     // Move Silently, Hide in Shadows, Detect Illusion and Set Traps
    clasiskl = ~10 10 10 10 10 10 10~
     // this is appended column-wise to THIEFSCL.2DA, 100 determines that the player can spent Thieving Points
     // in that thieving ability, and 0 means that they can't.
     // Seems like it has something to do with percentages, but it's not confirmed yet.
    thiefscl = ~100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100~

Kit:
Attached File  Gel87's Ninja Assassin.rar   848.87K   164 downloads

#62 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:51 PM

Erhm, the only thing I can see wrong in the bit I have looked at the files is that

clsrcreq = ~1 1 1 0  0 0~

has an odd space, and I thing it should have 7 values instead of the 6. :P

Also you probably want to use this:

thiefscl = ~100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0~

Because the last is the rangers stealth... skill, or what ever, and it could make a mess (I don't know enough to know if or not, but I would rather assume and be wrong...)

Edited by The Imp, 03 November 2015 - 01:00 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#63 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:18 PM

Erhm, the only thing I can see wrong in the bit I have looked at the files is that
    clsrcreq = ~1 1 1 0  0 0~

has an odd space, and I thing it should have 7 values instead of the 6. :P

Also you probably want to use this:

thiefscl = ~100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0~

Because the last is the rangers stealth... skill, or what ever, and it could make a mess (I don't know enough to know if or not, but I would rather assume and be wrong...)

Fixed them both :) And i have lowered theese 2, incase it would somehow max out and bug or smt:

clasiskl = ~10 5 10 10 5 0 0~

thiefskl = ~40 25~

Game still crashes.

Weapon profience is last chance then? You see anything wrong with that? :)

I have put 2 on katana, 0 on longbow, 2 on shortbow, 2 on scimitar, 2 on shortbow on the kit 2tpa.

Made a normal thief, changed it into this kit with ee-keeper, removed skills, set level to 0, saved. Releveled it:

It dident act like that on those, rest looked fine, even thought diden't check it very good.

Still, theese deviants i found, results:

Katana 1, longbow 1, shortbow 1, scimitar 1, Two handed wep style and single wepon style worked as intended(2 and 3).

Maby they have different places at bg2ee and bg1ee/bg2tob? Ur using bg2tob right? Maby something here fucks it up?

I could try tomorrow to:

Set all to zero? Then check 1 by one? :P (after test i have also set bastard sword to 0.)

Edited by Gel87, 03 November 2015 - 02:22 PM.

#64 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:33 PM

Hmm, never used the full LAF fl#add_kit_ee's possibilities, I could totally be wrong of course but try setting this to 2:

numwslot = ~4~

Nope, this doesn't need the worms around it, one of the originals didn't, so this won't either.

Next step in the debug is to try and find if one of the spells casted on between levels 4, 5 or 6 on the char crash the game.

Edited by The Imp, 03 November 2015 - 02:36 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#65 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:57 AM

Hmm, never used the full LAF fl#add_kit_ee's possibilities, I could totally be wrong of course but try setting this to 2:
    numwslot = ~4~

Nope, this doesn't need the worms around it, one of the originals didn't, so this won't either.

Next step in the debug is to try and find if one of the spells casted on between levels 4, 5 or 6 on the char crash the game.

Okay, but spells on those levels are regular thief spells, i might have missed between GA and AP, but dont think so, i could ofc check that.

Basicly:

The albilities/spells of all thief kits has been added to this thief clab table.

Other from that i added create potion of invisibility(a self copied pot with no sell value) which is given at level 1 and again at level 10. 

That works in bg1ee, and can be added via eekeeper in bg2 and then works if assigning this kit from there, but i however noticed a bug that it twice changed into kensai kit after choosing Ninja assassin on eekeeper at first try. So second time i change into Ninja Assassin it stays Ninja Assassin kit. But have to do that twice somehow in eekeeper.

- GELNIN2.ITM   potion who gets created

- GELNIN2.SPL  Spell to create potion(2 x potion once a day)

Summons sword spell, tested in bg2ee via giving kit via eekeeper.

Tested in bg2 via assigning kit via eekeeper then leveling, works perfect. Assigned 4 times at level 22 24 26 28 if i remember correct.

Black Blade of Disastress:

- GELNIN1.ITM - The sword add the finger of death effect, and slays target instead of making it to dust. Else the same.

- GELNIN1.SPL

Spell at level 4(works in both games, in bg2 tested with assigning kit via eekeeper and then level from zero.)

- GELNIN3.SPL - Demonic alacarmity: It makes the permanent effect of improved alarcarmity, and caster spell casting like robe of vecna. Rest is unmodified(effects etc), except its an innate albility.

Nearfing of the kit will be done later, i had no idea how effective a backstabbing thief could be lol(already dealing 208 as a highest seeing number at a critical backstab hit at level 12 in bg1) xD 

Lua table also works. It got 3 more albilties than normal thief, which i copied from another thief kit's lua table.

I have added some extra albility lines at clab.2da file. It also goes to level 50, which my other kits don't. 9 lines of albilties(in total 12 lines), 50 rows of level(1-50) in total 51(if u count the discription in as a row, albility 1, 2, 3 etc)

Clab file:

Im not able to upload it:

GELCLA5.2DA

You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

#66 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:20 AM

You don't need to upload .2da files, they are just tables that could be .txt files, or you could just as well copy paste the text to a code table:

2DA V1.0
            1           2           3           4           5           6           7           8           9           10          11          12          13          14          15          16          17          18          19          20         21          22          23          24          25          26          27          28          29          30          31          32          33          34          35          36          37          38          39          40          41        42        43        44        45        46        47        48        49        50
ABILITY1    AP_SPCL421  ****        ****        ****        GA_SPCL423  GA_SPCL414  ****        ****        GA_SPCL423  AP_SPCL141  GA_SPCL414  ****        GA_SPCL423  ****        AP_SPCL141  GA_SPCL414  GA_SPCL423  ****        ****        ****       AP_SPCL332  ****        ****        ****        GA_SPCL423  GA_SPCL414  ****        ****        GA_SPCL423  ****        GA_SPCL414  ****        GA_SPCL423  ****        AP_SPCL141  GA_SPCL414  GA_SPCL423  ****        ****        AP_SPCL141  ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****
ABILITY2    GA_SPCL412  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL441  GA_SPCL412  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL441  GA_SPCL412  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL441  GA_SPCL412  AP_SPCL332  ****        ****        ****       GA_SPCL412  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL141  GA_SPCL412  ****        ****        AP_SPCL141  ****        GA_SPCL412  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL441  GA_SPCL412  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL441  ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****
ABILITY3    GA_SPCL423  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL141  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****       GA_SPCL423  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL441  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL441  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****
ABILITY4    GA_SPCL414  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****       GA_SPCL414  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****
ABILITY5    GA_SPCL417  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****       AP_SPCL141  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****
ABILITY6    AP_SPCL441  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****       AP_SPCL441  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****
ABILITY7    ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_SPSD02   ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_SPSD02   ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_SPSD02   ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_SPSD02  ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_SPSD02   ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_SPSD02   ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_SPSD02   ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_SPSD02   ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      GA_SPSD02
ABILITY8    AP_SPSD01   ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****       ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****
ABILITY9    GA_GELNIN2  ****        ****        AP_GELNIN3  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_GELNIN2  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_GELNIN1 ****        GA_GELNIN1  ****        GA_GELNIN1  ****        GA_GELNIN1  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****

There's nothing out of the ordinary in that... to my eye.

Like mentioned, I suspect that one of these effects( AP_GELNIN3, GA_SPSD02, AP_SPCL141, AP_SPCL441 or GA_SPCL423 ) could cause the crash in BG2EE, but it's because they are conveniently there.

#67 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

You don't need to upload .2da files, they are just tables that could be .txt files, or you could just as well copy paste the text to a code table:
2DA V1.0
            1           2           3           4           5           6           7           8           9           10          11          12          13          14          15          16          17          18          19          20         21          22          23          24          25          26          27          28          29          30          31          32          33          34          35          36          37          38          39          40          41        42        43        44        45        46        47        48        49        50
ABILITY1    AP_SPCL421  ****        ****        ****        GA_SPCL423  GA_SPCL414  ****        ****        GA_SPCL423  AP_SPCL141  GA_SPCL414  ****        GA_SPCL423  ****        AP_SPCL141  GA_SPCL414  GA_SPCL423  ****        ****        ****       AP_SPCL332  ****        ****        ****        GA_SPCL423  GA_SPCL414  ****        ****        GA_SPCL423  ****        GA_SPCL414  ****        GA_SPCL423  ****        AP_SPCL141  GA_SPCL414  GA_SPCL423  ****        ****        AP_SPCL141  ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****
ABILITY2    GA_SPCL412  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL441  GA_SPCL412  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL441  GA_SPCL412  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL441  GA_SPCL412  AP_SPCL332  ****        ****        ****       GA_SPCL412  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL141  GA_SPCL412  ****        ****        AP_SPCL141  ****        GA_SPCL412  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL441  GA_SPCL412  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL441  ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****
ABILITY3    GA_SPCL423  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL141  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****       GA_SPCL423  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL441  ****        ****        ****        AP_SPCL441  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****
ABILITY4    GA_SPCL414  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****       GA_SPCL414  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****
ABILITY5    GA_SPCL417  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****       AP_SPCL141  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****
ABILITY6    AP_SPCL441  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****       AP_SPCL441  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****
ABILITY7    ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_SPSD02   ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_SPSD02   ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_SPSD02   ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_SPSD02  ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_SPSD02   ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_SPSD02   ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_SPSD02   ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_SPSD02   ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      GA_SPSD02
ABILITY8    AP_SPSD01   ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****       ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****
ABILITY9    GA_GELNIN2  ****        ****        AP_GELNIN3  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_GELNIN2  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_GELNIN1 ****        GA_GELNIN1  ****        GA_GELNIN1  ****        GA_GELNIN1  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****      ****

There's nothing out of the ordinary in that... to my eye.

Like mentioned, I suspect that one of these effects( AP_GELNIN3, GA_SPSD02, AP_SPCL141, AP_SPCL441 or GA_SPCL423 ) could cause the crash in BG2EE, but it's because they are conveniently there.

It was AP_GELNIN3 which is an form of improved alarcrity spell, which i dont really need at that level anyway, i could put it between 9-20 then right? :) Since i start at level 8 in bg2ee? :) 

#68 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:39 PM

That crashed the game at the start of the BG2EE ? Well, I would recommend that you try to remake the spell and make sure that it has an effect at caster level 1...
Edit, the reason it crashes the game is that it has unsigned or "Unknown (79)" projectile in the spell ability in BG2EE that causes the crash. At least according to a late version of Near Infinity, so I trust it. See ... :P Yes, I meant that, and to look like a jerk. :devil:

Edited by The Imp, 04 November 2015 - 03:08 PM.

#69 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:02 PM

That crashed the game at the start of the BG2EE ? Well, I would recommend that you try to remake the spell and make sure that it has an effect at caster level 1...
Edit, the reason it crashes the game is that it has unsigned or "Unknown (79)" projectile in the spell ability in BG2EE that causes the crash. At least according to a late version of Near Infinity, so I trust it. See ... :P Yes, I meant that, and to look like a jerk. :devil:

Yes, moved it to level 9 on clab table and all went fine :) 

Okay, there might be a bug with it, but its more or less a copy from an original spell ;d

Anyway, i put it at level 9. So when i make a level i got it without any bugs :D Now roundstealing amn for items etc ;d But can't seem to steal sword of fire +1 :P

Edited by Gel87, 04 November 2015 - 04:03 PM.

#70 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:08 PM

Did you try to make a ToB character... cause moving the spell to level 9 won't help you there... it would be better to fix the spell.

Edited by The Imp, 04 November 2015 - 05:08 PM.

#71 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:32 AM

Did you try to make a ToB character... cause moving the spell to level 9 won't help you there... it would be better to fix the spell.

Ah, i see ur point^^ Diden't think of that xD

What XP level does tob char start at? :) 

And which effect was unknown? Its often a lot of uknown effects etc on the spell in my experience ;d 

#72 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:33 AM

What XP level does tob char start at? :) 
And which effect was unknown? Its often a lot of uknown effects etc on the spell in my experience ;d 
The ToB start XP is 2 950 000, which is abouts the levels 22-24. Not a good start point to add the effect perhaps.
If you download the latest Near Infinity from the links in here, there's not a lot of unknowns, cause it is upkept by Argent77, one of the EE 'consultants'. :P Download that and open the spell, then double click the Abilities, go to 'Edit' view and set the Projectile to be ( as in, click the Projectile variable and use the menu that open in the lower part of the interface to select ) "None (1)" . Save the spell on your way out and thus accept the changes, copy the spell to the override and the mod files, and restart the game.

Edited by The Imp, 05 November 2015 - 04:40 AM.