Photo

Under the Night (a planned two-NPC romance)

You think you know someone?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Windfallen

Windfallen
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:22 PM

Hi everyone! My first post on these forums ^o^ Love me some BG2 and BG2EE, and have been wanting to try to create a really fun NPC mod for BG2/ee. I'm been writing through several ideas of who I'd want to create and I finally hit upon something I. I love elaborate stories that go along with a character. I think I've finally come up with something interesting but I wanted to get feedback on it. I've decided to try my hand on two female NPCs, both with a romance in the same mod. I wanted to try something a little more adult and engaging then a traditional romance:

Both girls will have two quests in SoA and at least one quest in ToB:

Eaess'n (eya-sin) of House V'uloyve (v-yuu-low-v) is the voluptuous and stunning young daughter and the fifth born daughter of a House Matron in a minor house stationed in the Drow City of Guallidurth under Calimshan. She was known for her excess in the pleasure pits and intrigue in the Temple City of Lolth rather than her devotion to the Spider Goddess and she eventually had to be expelled for her lack of faith. Her tastes were considered unusual for drow in that they revolved around pleasure more than torture. She avoided torture and execution thanks to a well-placed tip and slipped out of the city, apparently on the run with nothing but the clothes on her back and the skills she had acquired. She has had to fend for herself quickly and eventually fell in with a small cult of Vhaeraun, the Drow Masked Lord. She found his teachings amongst intrigue and guile more appealing than Lolth's demanding strictures, despite the god's focus more on male drow, and so became a student of both his teachings in divine magic and made herself learned the ways of the sword from her fellow cultists. When she finally left their enclave to try her hand at adventuring she had gained enough skills to become a formidable opponent. She, perhaps foolhardedly, has very little fear of surfacers that generally comes with drow who embark to the surface, using her natural talents and charm to slip out of most situations, and divine power and strength of arms where charm will not work. There are many who say her demeanor towards nondrow is most strange and unbecoming of a former drow of her status.

Her closest friend in Athkatla, the wealthy and beautiful daughter of a wine merchant, Temmira Belgarth, is her gateway into the land of high intrigues with Athkatla's elite, where she runs rampant. She is romanceable with male and female PCS of any race or alignment; given her predilections to hedonism. She does however seem to prefer females and females will have an easier time with the romance.

She gets along with most NPCs given her open worldview, which will perplex or disgust many of the more stringent NPCS with gloriously entertaining dialogue but not drive them to want to kick her out (she's careful not just rub people the wrong way like Viconia). There will be a vicious feud if Viconia is in the party which could lead to bloodshed if the PC isn't careful. Not only is Viconia abhorrent of how non-drow Eaess'n acts, but she despises how much easier a time she's had since being on the surface just by her more casual demeanor. Strangely, Viconia has never heard of House V'uloyve.

Her stats, as planned so far:

She is a multiclass drow (elf) cleric (Vhaeraun)/fighter

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

STR: 12

DEX: 11

CON: 10

INT: 14

WIS: 17

CHA: 18

When asked about her past, EAESS'N smiles wrly and winks as you gaze upon her magnificent form. You could swear every moment in your company with her is another seduction. She speaks in vivid detail of her glorious days in the pleasure pits of Guallidurth and the webs of intrigue she spun so deep they struck the heart of the Spider Queen herself. She seems remarkably open about her past and quite non-condescencing for drow, and mentions how she came to Athkatla specifically because the layers of deception run high here and keep her interest for the moment. 

----

Temmira Belgarth is the fetching young daughter of an overly wealthy and influential wine merchant who recently rose into the ranks of the city's nobility with careful bribes and favorable contacts. She has short (neck-length) fiery red hair, an upturned nose and piercing green eyes. A bit of a tomboy, she found herself wanting something more than just a favorable marriage to an idiot nobleman. Her father has other children, after all. So while she has become something of a black sheep for her wanderlust, she also has some powerful connections with the Council of Six, and through her connections was able to learn how to fight from the elite of the city guard. She began gaining some experience in local troubles with mercenaries and adventuring groups, but mostly enjoys the seedy mess of Athkatla proper and rooting out trouble. 

Temmira met Eaess'n through one such run in with the Shadow Thieves over a shipment of black lotus that got "lost" in the slums. The two have been friends since.

Temmira is only romanceable with females, and is blind to race.

Temmira is a dual-class human cleric/fighter as well as Eaes'nn, but no one's really sure what god or goddess she worships...

Temmira's stats are:

Alignment: True neutral

STR: 12

DEX: 11

CON: 10

INT: 14

WIS: 17

CHA: 15

When asked about her past, TEMMIRA just chuckles with a whimsical, mischevious grin. She grew up in Athkatla with five siblings during which her father, an affluential wine merchant, had a meteoric rise to prestige. She says there are nobles of old blood who look down on her family because they have not been in the city for generations, but she really could care less about her family's status. She's out for herself and to have a good adventure, not sit in some lavish palace while people call her 'lady', allowing life to pass her by. She has some skill at divine magic, but doesn't seem to keen on mentioning from who...

Temmira also gets along well with just about all NPCS. She became an adventurer out of sheer boredom, so she has a very cavalier attitude about what happens along the way. 

Spoiler

So that's the basic idea :)

Edited by Windfallen, 15 October 2015 - 12:22 PM.