Photo

Durlags Tower Chessboard not triggering

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Thesslian

Thesslian
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:47 PM

I don't think this is a problem caused by the mods, since I have seen it mentioned as a problem on steam forums.  I am at the point where you kill the four elemental guardians and you are supposed to be teleported to the chess game.  After killing the last one nothing happens.  Can someone tell me how to get the script to trigger to start the chess board sequence please?

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

I don't think this is a problem caused by the mods, since I have seen it mentioned as a problem on steam forums.  I am at the point where you kill the four elemental guardians and you are supposed to be teleported to the chess game.  After killing the last one nothing happens.  Can someone tell me how to get the script to trigger to start the chess board sequence please?

Problem is, there is no specific trigger.

You killed the air aspect

You killed Kaldran the Bear

You killed the slime

You kill the Phoenix Guard (there may be more than one in the area but only one of them triggers the transport to the chessboard)

Spoiler

It may help to do CreateCreature("Phoenix") while in their area (ard008) and kill him once more.

Edited by Roxanne, 29 October 2015 - 02:03 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 Thesslian

Thesslian
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:45 PM

Hmmm.  That didn't work.  I went into each room, respawned the creatures and killed them again.  I did all three types of phoenix guard and still no joy.  Looks like I am just going to have to use movetoarea and skip the chessboard.  If only beamdog was as good as the people on this forum.

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:48 PM

Hmmm.  That didn't work.  I went into each room, respawned the creatures and killed them again.  I did all three types of phoenix guard and still no joy.  Looks like I am just going to have to use movetoarea and skip the chessboard.  If only beamdog was as good as the people on this forum.

Sorry - I was not aware that you play EE, my hints were for BGT or SoA games. Also there are different BGT mods that change some code here that may not apply to EE.

(My fault - I did not check the headline that mentioned EE)

Edited by Roxanne, 30 October 2015 - 12:57 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#5 -tepoztecatl-

-tepoztecatl-

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:59 AM

Hi,

sorry for necromancing this thread but i am going nuts,

no matter in which order i finish the elemental rooms the teleport is not happening,

i killed the slime with fireballs and killed woman before she could shoot an arrow,

i have no clue what else to try.

the version i am using is BG:EE Trilogy with recommended Installation.

thanks in advance for any help

#6 -tepoztecatl-

-tepoztecatl-

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:25 AM

the issue resolved itself, after leaving and reentering several of the elemental rooms i got finally teleported