• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:13 PM

Hey, again I'd like to ask you people a favour. There's another survey that may help a bit. This time it's about game devs and how gamers actually picture them. I KNOW that some of the questions may look weird, but there's something behind every task. It's both about how gamers picture developers and what we expect them to be like; how we most often think of devs.

...anyway, here's the survey. Thanks in advance from me and the people who prepared the survey.

(this one is much shorter when compared to the one I posted before - it should take like 6-8 minutes)

#2 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:32 PM

Some of these are forcing me to pick something arbitrary. Need a null option on them.

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:23 AM

Need a null option on them.
Well, that actually kind of defeats the survey method, if for no other reason, than the statistics of it can't be used for some arbitrary claim of proof for a thing or another. :devil: See the job of the statistician is not easy, you always have to find the correct thing to draw from the pile of statisics: Be it that dog shit smells bad ... or that it smells like roses ... or that the dog just shit in the rose bush. Nevermind. :devil:

Anyways, filled the survey. There was a thing that left me bondering... it was this 'ruling' that the:
Note that when asked about these, we do not mean the representation should be enforced by any sort of law but rather in the process of building an effective group.
The comment that I have about this is that it might not be beneficial to the actual project in all aspects, as the desired effectivety of the group should be left inside the project itself.

It should be obvious that different sorts of people can contribute differently to the project, be who ever they are. To me the more important ... is that unless it's overwhelmingly inappropreate in the context of the given work, and most of the team approves it, the maker should be allowed to do what ever they like ... no matter who they are. The empathy, is a part of being a human. As is the dis-empathy.

Edited by The Imp, 09 November 2015 - 07:31 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:36 AM

Heya. The note was added later as someone said that it sounds as if we were supporting the enforcement like "when building the team, 30% of the workers must be females, at least 10% should represent non-heteronormative sexuality orientation" and that's not what we had in mind :) It was rather to calm down people who thought we are supporting regulations like that :) Were not sure how to assure it's not like that :D

And thanks people! Hope there will be some more people eager to fill in the form :)

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 09 November 2015 - 03:37 AM.