Photo

Sai's Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Trilogy miniature install

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 Sai

Sai
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:36 PM

Please note that EET is officially still in BETA. It however is functional without obvious oddities (I've tested it completely and found it to be stable and largely free of issues).. If you notice any strange behaviours, please report them here or directly to K4thos.

You're welcome to change the tweakpack installation options, it should still work properly. These reflect mainly my personal preferences. Baldur.ini includes the debug mode and most movies skippable on a keypress. I'd recommend giving Nightmare Mode a try (set it to 1).

Download the below links, for the github ones there's a DOWNLOAD ZIP option to the right, bottom of the list, use that. You'll download -master .zip files that you can extract to the paths listed below. It is possible they come with an additional path level inside the .zip. Make sure you treat the path that contains the setup-*.exe file as the root path (for instance my latest EET-master.zip download contained the folder 'EET-master', which is not a setup-*.exe file, so I double clicked it, and then saw the setup-*.exe file and some other maps, which I all extracted to the paths listed below).

You may SKIP the replace with weidu.exe option. These files have the latest WeiDU release already. The sendspace files have been on my computer though, and thus the executables could be compromised. Replace them with the WeiDU link ones if you trust that source better. You do NOT have to run the files from the command prompt, you can simply double-click them. (This is basically the list of actions I kept track of while beta-testing for K4thos. So it may contain a little fodder.)

Modified mods https://www.sendspac...44oxgSZcLbXI6tg

Baldur.ini https://www.sendspace.com/file/r8gqlb

WeiDU:        http://weidu.org/~thebigg/beta/
EET_Tweaks:    https://github.com/K4thos/EET_Tweaks
EET:        https://github.com/K4thos/EET

Replace [[[ PATH ]]] and what comes after it with the actual path to the proper files!

Baldur.ini                        [[[ copy to ]]]                C:\Users\[[[ USERNAME ]]]\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition

0.    WeiDU-Windows-23801.zip                [[[ extract 'weidu.exe' to ]]]        [[[ PATH ]]]\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition

1.      EET-master 09-11-2015 beta 0.9.zip        [[[ extract to ]]]            [[[ PATH ]]]\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition
    setup-EET.exe                    [[[ replace with ]]]            weidu.exe
    setup-EET.exe                    [[[ run from command prompt ]]]

Choose your language: 0 [English]
        Please choose the language in which you wish to play the game. 1 [English]
        Install Component [Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET)]? [I]nstall
        Enter the full path to your BG:EE installation then press Enter. [[[ PATH ]]]\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

2.      EET_Tweaks-master 09-11-2015 beta 0.1.zip    [[[ extract to ]]]            [[[ PATH ]]]\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition
    setup-EET_Tweaks.exe                [[[ replace with ]]]            weidu.exe
    setup-EET_Tweaks.exe                [[[ run from command prompt ]]]

Install Component [Adjust total XP CAP]? [I]nstall
        What value should be used for total XP CAP? 3] Disable XP CAP
        Install Component [Adjust XP for Traps, Spells and Lockpicking]? [I]nstall
        How would you like to do adjust XP for Disarming Traps, Lockpicking and Spell learning? 2] Use XP values from BG2
        Install Component [Disable hostile reaction after charm]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [IWD:EE soundsets]? [I]nstall
        Enter the full path to your IWD:EE installation then press Enter. [[[ PATH ]]]\Steam\steamapps\common\Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition
        Install Component [IWD:EE portraits]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Add Priest of Tyr kit for Priests]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Add Priest of Tempus kit for Priests]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Add racial enemies from IWD]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Remove junk from global scripts]? [I]nstall

3.    bg2_tweaks-v17 bugfix v2.rar            [[[ extract to ]]]            [[[ PATH ]]]\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition
    setup-bg2_tweaks.exe                [[[ replace with ]]]            weidu.exe
    setup-bg2_tweaks.exe                [[[ run from command prompt ]]]

Install Component [Remove Helmet Animations]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Weapon Animation Tweaks]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp]? 1] First Area Only
        Install Component [Add Bags of Holding]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Exotic Item Pack]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)]? 1] No Restrictions (Baldurdash)
        Install Component [Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Allow Cespenar to Use Cromwell Recipes]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Universal Clubs]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Weapon Styles for All]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Expanded Dual-Class Options]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Wear Multiple Protection Items]? 2] No Restrictions
        Install Component [Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer)]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [True Grandmastery (Baldurdash)]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Alter Mage Spell Progression Table]?  1] Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)
        Install Component [Alter Bard Spell Progression Table]? 1] Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)
        Install Component [Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table]? 1] Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)
        Install Component [Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables]? 1] No Level Progression Changes, Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Table Only (Blucher)
        Install Component [Triple-Class HLA Tables]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters (BETA)]? 3] Arcane & Divine Magic
        Install Component [Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e)]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Remove Summoning Cap for Regular Summons]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials (Ardanis/GeN1e)]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Higher HP on Level Up]? 1] Maximum
        Install Component [Make Bags of Holding Bottomless]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Remove fatigue from restoration spells]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices]? 1] Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)
        Install Component [Unlimited Ammo Stacking]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Unlimited Potion Stacking]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Unlimited Scroll Stacking]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Rest Anywhere (Japheth)]? [I]nstall
        Install Component [Sellable Items (Icelus)]? [I]nstall

4.    BGEESpawn-master 9-11-2015 0.4 bugfix        [[[ extract to ]]]            [[[ PATH ]]]\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition
    setup-bgeespawn.exe                [[[ replace with ]]]            weidu.exe
    setup-bgeespawn.exe                [[[ run from command prompt ]]]

Install Component [BGEE Leveling Spawns Mod]? [I]nstall
        Please choose one of the following options for the time interval between spawn point resets: [3] 16 HOURS of game time between spawnings
        Please choose one of the following options for the probability of spawn point being populated when triggered: [7] 85% chance of spawning

Edited by Sai, 09 November 2015 - 09:56 PM.

#2 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:58 PM

For those who might want to try an EET install using the BWS tool, that is also possible, albeit unsupported. Just manually edit the Misc GUI au3 file in the Includes directory, find the line that says EET is disabled, and remove the semicolons in front of the next several lines below. I have successfully installed EET a few times this way.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#3 Sai

Sai
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:15 AM

The Big World Project agb1 is speaking of can be found here: https://kerzenburg.b....eu/bwpmods.php

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:42 AM

The Big World Project Setup agb1 is speaking of can be found in: here.

Fixed that link for you,
Direct download link to the always up-to-date-master.

:clap: But anyways, the above is appreciated, it will help more people to use the EET, which is always good. :clap:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:50 PM

thanks for the guide. Just a disclaimer to make things clear - there are few reasons why I'm not creating topics regarding installation and stuff on this subforum:

EET is not really a direct port or continuation of BGT (different goals, little to no common code), so creating new topics for it here may be viewed as attempt to highjack Ascension64 section of the forum created for different mod,

- it currently has beta status and as mentioned in both readme and GitHub description - current version is not really representative to what we want to achieve with this mod (things that need engine features that will be added in the next BG2:EE patch). So playing with it now is intended mostly for beta testers or those curious what's up.

It would be cool to have a separate subforum where we could discuss the development, things like compatibility stuff, and so forth, but for now I can't get in touch with the forum administration to make it happen. Maybe in future.

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:32 PM

From what I know about the process, gaining a subforum on here could be a failry lenghty process, as it takes man power and the time for the admins to get together and agree on the steps that they are going to take. And the lack of the immediate need is also a variable they need to take into account. And other factors... like the fact that the EET will also have IWDEE's content, megamoding content and plah plah plah.
I am quite sure your request is being considered, don't worry about that. The wheel shold be turning... yes I kicked it. But back to the topic.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:21 PM

This has nothing to do with BGT. Maybe the Mega Mod forum?

#8 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:40 PM

Maybe the Mega Mod forum?

fine by me.

#9 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:08 AM

Oh yeah. There's a dedicated EE subforum.

#10 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:02 PM

Install Component [Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)]? 1] No Restrictions (Baldurdash)

Not good. I've added this component to Baldurdash. Kevin oppositely removed the exploit of having multiple strongholds. Further, I've modified this component in the last version to fix some issues. If you ask me, I'd provide you with the improved Multiple Strongholds from BD-WeiDU 1.7, which is not publicly available at the moment, even though it will be used in begee which I totally detest.

EDIT: The same is about True Grandmastery.

Edited by Vlad, 12 November 2015 - 12:15 PM.

#11 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:15 PM

Could you please post the description of the Priest of Tempus kit? Thanks.

#12 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:53 PM

Could you please post the description of the Priest of Tempus kit? Thanks.

It's probably the same as the IWD:EE 's kit, so:

8017605a5b791901ebd30edff8580a.png
Disadvantages:
– Alignment restricted to true neutral plus all chaotic alignments

#13 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:53 AM

Is it possible to not choose stuff like, choosing [n] instead of [i]:

Arcane spellcasting in heavy armor

Thieving skills in heavy armor

Use several +enhancement items

And what was the bug? Only some bad looking water in bg1? If so i will buy IWD1 and 2EE and install this :P 

How does normal kit mods/items mods work with this, meaning: If i have some of my own kits, i can just install them after?

Also, have there been done anything about monsters AI? I noticed they suck in the newest bg2ee patch, they often dont attack, espessially shadows, they just stand there, and feks. the black dragon doesent attack if u click talk on him so he turns toward you, then attack him before dialogue. I stroke him down and he was blue all the time xD Dno if they get confused when i change invisible/visible with thief 24/7 xD

#14 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:11 AM

Is it possible to not choose stuff like, choosing N instead of I

Yes, you just don't choose the component. The above is made for Sai's preferences, you can make your own, it's actually said in the message..

And what was the bug? Only some bad looking water in bg1? If so i will buy IWD1 and 2EE and install this :P

The area files had an attribute that the new engine viewed as a different attribute, and it made the water maps have dark borders, it's fixed.

How does normal kit mods/items mods work with this, meaning: If i have some of my own kits, i can just install them after?

Well, basically it's mod dependent, but the kit mods we two worked, should work if they did so in BG1EE. Which is why I tested them in BG1EE. :P Seriously, I am insane.

the black dragon doesent attack if u click talk on him so he turns toward you, then attack him before dialogue.

Yeah, that's called cheating ! :D Don't worry, I do it a lots too... :devil:

Edited by The Imp, 15 November 2015 - 05:16 AM.

#15 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:58 AM

Is it possible to not choose stuff like, choosing N instead of I

Yes, you just don't choose the component. The above is made for Sai's preferences, you can make your own, it's actually said in the message..

The area files had an attribute that the new engine viewed as a different attribute, and it made the water maps have dark borders, it's fixed.

Well, basically it's mod dependent, but the kit mods we two worked, should work if they did so in BG1EE. Which is why I tested them in BG1EE. :P Seriously, I am insane.

the black dragon doesent attack if u click talk on him so he turns toward you, then attack him before dialogue.

Yeah, that's called cheating ! :D Don't worry, I do it a lots too... :devil:

Okay, thanks a lot :D

Btw(offtopic), do you have a xp cap remover who works for bg2ee? Im soon filled to 8mill while playing my new thief kit xD My old one don't work, tryed set -1 and also higher number than the 8millions one but it fails, there are 2 additional files in it which i think it will work together with, but those fucks up my starting position and got loads of broken values xD I would upload it now, but i dont have access to this forum on my personal pc while im offshore at work atm xD I also tryed just modifying the one in nearinfinity, but that don't work either xD

#16 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:56 AM

Not really.. I would like to have a look on the xp cap remover... as I can probably make it work(fix it) far more easily than make my own.

#17 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:35 AM

EET Tweaks has an XP cap remover component that works for BG2EE.

https://github.com/K4thos/EET_Tweaks

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#18 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:44 AM

EET Tweaks has an XP cap remover component that works for BG2EE.
Ahh, the fun fact ... it doesn't work outside that package cause the way it's coded. But yes, it works in BG2EE AND "you have to" you keep the file structure.

#19 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:38 PM

Not really.. I would like to have a look on the xp cap remover... as I can probably make it work(fix it) far more easily than make my own.

I was able to log on at my personal computer lol :P

Attached File  XP Cap Remover.rar   653bytes   228 downloads

#20 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

Well, the problem wit those is that the XPLEVEL.2da don't usually end with the -1, but the at level 41 around 8.25-13 million, which doesn't exist in the other tables, so the if you have that much XP, your character dies. Cause he has no other tables to support that.

Quick solution, edit the xplevel.2da's 41st level values to be -1 ...

So with the vanilla tables it looks like this:

2DA V1.0
                1           2           3           4           5           6           7           8           9           10          11          12          13          14          15          16          17          18          19          20        21         22         23	       24        25         26         27         28         29         30         31         32         33         34	        35         36        37         38         39         40         41
MAGE            0           2500        5000        10000       20000       40000       60000       90000       135000      250000      375000      750000      1125000     1500000     1875000     2250000     2625000     3000000     3375000     3750000   4125000    4500000    4875000    5250000    5625000    6000000    6375000    6750000    7125000    7500000    7875000    8250000    8625000    9000000    9375000    9750000   10125000   10500000   10875000   11250000   -1
FIGHTER         0           2000        4000        8000        16000       32000       64000       125000      250000      500000      750000      1000000     1250000     1500000     1750000     2000000     2250000     2500000     2750000     3000000   3250000    3500000    3750000    4000000    4250000    4500000    4750000    5000000    5250000    5500000    5750000    6000000    6250000    6500000    6750000    7000000   7250000    7500000    7750000    8000000    -1
PALADIN         0           2250        4500        9000        18000       36000       75000       150000      300000      600000      900000      1200000     1500000     1800000     2100000     2400000     2700000     3000000     3300000     3600000   3900000    4200000    4500000    4800000    5100000    5400000    5700000    6000000    6300000    6600000    6900000    7200000    7500000    7800000    8100000    8400000   8700000    9000000    9300000    9600000    -1
RANGER          0           2250        4500        9000        18000       36000       75000       150000      300000      600000      900000      1200000     1500000     1800000     2100000     2400000     2700000     3000000     3300000     3600000   3900000    4200000    4500000    4800000    5100000    5400000    5700000    6000000    6300000    6600000    6900000    7200000    7500000    7800000    8100000    8400000   8700000    9000000    9300000    9600000    -1
CLERIC          0           1500        3000        6000        13000       27500       55000       110000      225000      450000      675000      900000      1125000     1350000     1575000     1800000     2025000     2250000     2475000     2700000   2925000    3150000    3375000    3600000    3825000    4050000    4275000    4500000    4725000    4950000    5175000    5400000    5625000    5850000    6075000    6300000   6525000    6750000    6975000    8000000    -1
DRUID           0           2000        4000        7500        12500       20000       35000       60000       90000       125000      200000      300000      750000      1500000     3000000     3150000     3300000     3450000     3600000     3750000   3900000    4150000    4400000    4700000    5000000    5500000    6000000    6500000    7000000    7500000    8000000    8500000    9000000    9500000    10000000   10500000  11000000   11500000   12000000   12500000   -1
THIEF           0           1250        2500        5000        10000       20000       40000       70000       110000      160000      220000      440000      660000      880000      1100000     1320000     1540000     1760000     1980000     2200000   2420000    2640000    2860000    3080000    3300000    3520000    3740000    3960000    4180000    4400000    4620000    4840000    5060000    5280000    5500000    5720000   5940000    6160000    6380000    8000000    -1
BARD            0           1250        2500        5000        10000       20000       40000       70000       110000      160000      220000      440000      660000      880000      1100000     1320000     1540000     1760000     1980000     2200000   2420000    2640000    2860000    3080000    3300000    3520000    3740000    3960000    4180000    4400000    4620000    4840000    5060000    5280000    5500000    5720000   5940000    6160000    6380000    8000000    -1
SORCERER        0           2500        5000        10000       20000       40000       60000       90000       135000      250000      375000      750000      1125000     1500000     1875000     2250000     2625000     3000000     3375000     3750000   4125000    4500000    4875000    5250000    5625000    6000000    6375000    6750000    7125000    7500000    7875000    8250000    8625000    9000000    9375000    9750000   10125000   10500000   10875000   11250000   -1
MONK            0           1500        3000        6000        13000       27500       55000       110000      225000      450000      675000      900000      1125000     1350000     1575000     1800000     2025000     2250000     2475000     2700000   2925000    3150000    3375000    3600000    3825000    4050000    4275000    4500000    4725000    4950000    5175000    5400000    5625000    5850000    6075000    6300000   6525000    6750000    6975000    8000000    -1

Edited by The Imp, 16 November 2015 - 06:03 PM.