• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#41 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:29 PM

Here is a guide on how to use BWS:

https://forums.beamd...ogy-for-windows

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#42 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:31 AM

sorry guys but im really too stupid for this installation thing.. i have tried few times. 

1. by this topic installed EET on the BG2EE and launched BWS to install other mods - it cant happen, because BWS says there are mods installed and i need clean BG2EE.

2. after i have installed BG2EE and proceeded with BWS at the end i have got this: 'The installation is finished. In order to enjoy the first part of the Trilogy in the new garb of the BGII engine, start the BGMain.exe in the BG2 directory.' - but there is no BGMain.exe file in directory. if im launching Baldur.exe - it starts in BG2 not BG..

could somebody guide me with this instalation, please? i would like to play EET with mega mod but without BWS cant think i will manage to do it myself.

#43 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:46 AM

#1 - don't install EET manually, use a clean BGEE folder and BG2EE folder, then run BWS (it will install some mods into the BGEE folder, then run EET in the BG2EE folder followed by the rest of the mods)

EET converts compatible mods that were installed on BGEE during the installation, which is why it works as described above.

#2 - the text is not correct for BG2EE, will fix that, thanks for pointing it out .. Baldur.exe is the one you want, but you don't have EET installed (I guess) so it isn't giving you the choice to start from BG1

Two more notes:

1- Make sure you replaced the file Includes\10_Misc-GUI.au3 with the file Includes\10_Misc-GUI-EET.au3 in the BWS directory (this allows you to give BWS the path to both the BGEE game folder and the BG2EE game folder if you chose BG2EE as your game type)

2- many mods for BG2EE are not yet "aware" of EET, which uses a different "game type" than regular BG2EE ... and so many mods for BG2EE will refuse to install unless you edit their tp2 file and add 'eet' to the GAME_IS checks, e.g. if a mod has GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee~ then it needs to change to GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee eet~ (adding 'eet' to the space separated list).  This doesn't make such mods compatible with EET, necessarily, it just means that the mod installers will TRY to install them.  So you can try this if you want, but don't complain to the mod authors if things don't work perfectly, because they haven't yet announced support for EET.  If you do this, make sure that you only add 'eet' to GAME_IS lines that already have bg2ee in them.

Edited by agb1, 01 January 2016 - 09:47 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#44 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:28 AM

1- Make sure you replaced the file Includes\10_Misc-GUI.au3 with the file Includes\10_Misc-GUI-EET.au3 in the BWS directory (this allows you to give BWS the path to both the BGEE game folder and the BG2EE game folder if you chose BG2EE as your game type) - i have done it and put both paths to BWS.

as i remember i had chose EET mod in BWS installation structure, but now as im checking WeiDU log it looks like EET not installed..

i have tried to install EET now but it comes with errors because BGEE folder is already with mods..

Edited by maduolis, 01 January 2016 - 10:47 AM.

#45 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:35 AM

EET would be near the beginning of the weidu.log in your BG2EE folder if it was installed successfully.

You will need to clean out both your BGEE and BG2EE folders before you try again.

#46 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:37 AM

looks like EET dont like some mods in BGEE directory: 

ConvinientAmmunition

MSFM - more stuff for mages

wmart

after uninstalling those finally EET installation started

#47 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:41 AM

is it possible to run BWS 2 times - first with core mods from General category including EET and after its done with all other mods?

Attached Images

• BWS.jpg

Attached Files

Edited by maduolis, 01 January 2016 - 10:46 AM.

#48 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:45 AM

Currently it is not possible to run BWS on a game folder after you manually installed some mods. You could bypass this in theory by modifying Setup.ini but I have not tried it and would not be able to guide you.

Why do you want to do this?

Edited by agb1, 01 January 2016 - 10:46 AM.

#49 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:51 AM

as i said i have chose EET in BWS but it didnt installed.. so how to install EET and other mods with BWS? should i prepare installation in BWS and install manually EET and then proceed with BWS?

#50 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:58 AM

We should figure out why BWS didn't install EET. Can you upload your BWS Install log file from the BG2EE game folder?

The install log can be found in the Logs folder of BWS. If you've run BWS again since then it will be moved into a Bak folder (probably the most recent one).

Edited by agb1, 01 January 2016 - 11:04 AM.

#51 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:03 AM

this one?

Attached Files

#52 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:08 AM

Nope, that's the last "mod" that was installed, the BWS Install log should be a .txt file, it's much bigger so upload it as a .zip file.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#53 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:08 AM

I'm hoping to see some kind of install error from EET to explain why it didn't work. The install log (see my edited post above for location) should contain the output from when BWS ran the setup-eet.exe.

The exact log file name would be "BiG World Install Debug.txt"

Edited by agb1, 01 January 2016 - 11:10 AM.

#54 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:13 AM

i remember i had this warning:

Attached Images

• BWS2.jpg

Attached Files

Edited by maduolis, 01 January 2016 - 11:17 AM.

#55 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:30 AM

Aha, found the problem:

Spoiler

I forgot, again (sorry!), that EET uses a new feature ("DIRECTORY_EXISTS") of WeiDU beta 238.01, while BWS still uses WeiDU version 238.00.

To fix this, for now, you must edit the EET\EET.tp2 file as follows:

1. In BWS when you are selecting mods (in the 'choose mods and components' window), right-click on EET (in the General section) and choose "pause before this mod" ...
2. After BWS extracts EET into the BG2EE folder, go to the BG2EE game folder, EET sub-folder, and open EET.tp2
3. Find these files:

Spoiler
/////                                                  \\\\\
///// CHR                                              \\\\\
/////                                                  \\\\\

PRINT ~Installing CHR files...~

ACTION_IF (NOT DIRECTORY_EXISTS ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/characters~) BEGIN
MKDIR ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/characters~
END

//BG:EE default CHR files
ACTION_BASH_FOR ~EET/temp/chr~ ~^.+\.chr$~ BEGIN
ACTION_IF (NOT FILE_EXISTS ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/characters/%BASH_FOR_FILE%~) BEGIN
COPY ~%BASH_FOR_FILESPEC%~ ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/characters~
LPF ~EET_expand_tlk~ INT_VAR max = StrRef_cutoff RET log END
PATCH_LOG ~%log%~
END
END

Delete these three lines, save the EET.tp2 file, and then let BWS continue with the installation:

Spoiler
ACTION_IF (NOT DIRECTORY_EXISTS ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/characters~) BEGIN
MKDIR ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/characters~
END

Also make sure before you start this that you have a 'Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\characters' folder in your 'My Documents'.

Edited by agb1, 01 January 2016 - 11:32 AM.

#56 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

thanks a lot guys i will do it now and report about result

#57 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

ALIEN's suggestion might also work. To clarify, you would be manually running EET at the point in the automated install where BWS tries to do it. This is the one way where mixing and matching of manual and automatic installs can be done with BWS. After you run EET manually and EET is done (succeeded), you unpause BWS and it will try to run setup-eet again... which will fail as before. You can proceed past that error because you installed BWS manually already.

#58 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:42 AM

Or just do what ALIEN said in his edited post above!

When ALIEN says to run EET once and then quit, he means quit EET without actually installing anything. Just running setup-eet.exe (after you replace it with the copy from ALIEN's link) will check all of the other setup-exe and update them to the newer version 238.01.

Edited by agb1, 01 January 2016 - 11:47 AM.

#59 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:43 PM

Much more convenient way:

1. In BWS when you are selecting mods (in the 'choose mods and components' window), right-click on EET (in the General section) and choose "pause before this mod" ...
2. After BWS extracts EET into the BG2EE folder, go to the BG2EE game folder, overwrite setup-EET.exe with this: https://github.com/K...ET.exe?raw=true and simply run setup-EET.exe once and quit.

All setup-xxx.exe weidu's will be updated to WeiDU beta 238.01 and EET will install just fine.

done this way - easy one and got this:

D:\Games\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition>Setup-EET.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --quick-log --args-list p "D:\Games\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" --force-install-list 0 --logapp
[Setup-EET.exe] WeiDU version 23800
In state 1333, I expected one of these tokens:
  [36] PLUS
  [61] LT
  [74] MINUS
  [99] BASR
  [125] RPAREN
  [127] GT
  [140] BXOR
  [150] DIVIDE
  [182] BLSR
  [205] BOR