Photo

[list in post #1] BP+SCS install reports BG1 & BG2

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#1 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:32 PM

My big free time time is over, so I thought I’d consolidate all of the findings into one post for clarity. I moved what was in this post to one of the posts below just in case. I will have less time to play now, so the reports wouldn’t be many – I think I caught most of what I was to catch in SoA. I’ll update this post with new findings in the future, and I’ll also fill in the ToB part once I’ve played it and I’ll post in the topic to note the update.

I hope this list and files will be of some help. I did my best to make it useable.

But first and foremost: Huge thanks to everyone involved in the modding scene, the creators of BWP, BWS and all you helpful guys who keep making this thing better and constantly working out various kinks and making more and more mods compatible *tips hat*. I doubt I’ll play BG again this decade, but I’ll keep my thumbs crossed for your efforts nonetheless!

I’ve divided everything into three sections: BG1, BG2, ToB.

General Notes:

• I played BG1 on a bit different installation than BG2
  • There are two files attached for BG1 install and two for the BG2-ToB one (WeiDU.log and BWS selection in case someone wanted to have a look in the software/recreate the installation)
  • Not all of these points must be bugs – some I cannot judge, so please use your own judgement in deciding whether they’re problems or not
  • Definite majority of issues I encountered were minor and not gamebreaking. Hurray!
  • Both installations are primarily led by BP with SCS additions (BG1 SCS challenges part seems completely compatible with BP aside of 2 encounters [wizards and druids since those require SCS AI to install])
  • I’ve grouped the bugs into groups based on their nature for easier checking

About the Installation, in case one fancied something similar to this one:

Spoiler

BG1 Notes:

• This was a thorough playthrough, I’ve done grand majority of quests (maybe 2-3 minor quests missed), but I skipped Durlag’s Tower (in a rush to BG2, heh, one day)
  • I’ve checked all vanilla areas all over looking for oddities/run around doing weird, noob-like things to see if quests would break if I messed up order of things – they didn’t
  • I did *not* play through the quests in additional areas of DtoSC and Bonehill, but at a glance they seemed fine. I got antsy about going to BG2 and didn’t want to get too much experience before that either.

BG2 Notes:

• I have taken every NPC (but Jan… I can’t stand Jan D:<) with their own quest into team at some point and completed their quests + carried them around through their related Stronghold
  • I am using Multiple Strongholds and am completing all of the Stronghold quests (as of this moment, Planar Sphere is the one still unfinished)
  • I have *not* played through the Assassinations quest line (I’m too do-goody, it turns out ;( )

##### ##### #####

BG1 REPORTS

##### ##### #####

Spoiler

##### ##### #####

BG2 REPORTS

##### ##### #####

Spoiler

##### ##### #####

TOB REPORTS

##### ##### #####

Spoiler

Attached Files

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 14 July 2016 - 06:36 AM.

#2 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:53 PM

1. Doesn't Spellhold Gauntlet completely replace the SH dungeon? I might remember wrong, but if I remember right, I think a small note in BWS would be helpful since most players probably expect new content, not replacements.

It provides an alternate way to complete SH with new content (challenges).  The choice is presented in-game, I believe.

2. Tales of Anegh lists a need for use of CLUAConsole commands. Would be great if there was either a note of which would be needed, or, if there's a bunch, a link to where to find them. I fear it might be tricky to know what went wrong/what's needed for players unfamiliar with a mod - we may think we're just dumb and missing something crucial.

Roxanne suggested this warning.  If anyone has a link with more specific details, we can include them in the mod description.  Either way, this is saying that you'll need to spend some time on the forums if you play this mod.

3. There are two similarly named entries for "Facing the Shadowlord Again". Is one of them just items? Maybe the name could be made clearer for distinction?

These are two different submissions to a BWL contest, the first is by Igi and the other is by K'aeloree (notice it also has a '2' at the end).  Not aware of any conflict.  I will clarify the names/descriptions.

4. There's no variant selected under the "Increased enemy HP" in Difficulty and Tweak mod, which is selected automatically. Other options from this mod have a variant picked.

It's done this way intentionally for the color to show that the section adds difficulty.  BWS has a rule that allows only one of the two difficulty-adding sections from this mod to be chosen.

5. Should Dungeon-Be-Gone be automatically selected? It's good to have the option, but kinda sucky if someone wants full experience/has CI content installed but doesn't notice it :D And it's rather easy to miss stuff with sooo many components to browse through. I'd think it's more of a think people would look for specifically.

Agreed.  We had a debate recently about this mod.  It is completely optional in the game, through dialogue.  So we decided to keep it enabled by default but added a warning in BWS so users will read the description.  If you click through to start installation with the mod selected, you will get a pop-up reminding you that you've selected a mod with a warning and confirming you really do want to install it.

6. EET Tweaks are automatically selected alongside BP Balancer. Should they be selected in non-EE installation? And don't they conflict/mix up for weird results? They both limit gold/experience by a % etc.

These components of EET Tweaks work for BGT also.  Probably missing some conflicts rules here.  I haven't researched the components of BP Balancer.  I think it patches specific creatures instead of doing a global patch like EET Tweaks does, but BP Balancer also deletes some overpowered items, which EET Tweaks does not do.

7. Enhanced BG2 mod's homepage doesn't work. I mean, BWS says that the link is broken.

Thanks for reporting.  Adding link to http://www.shsforums...anced-bg2-cont/

General mod questions compared to what I remember from the past:

1. Is the mod faster chapter 1 & 2 cutscenes no longer bugged? I remember wanting to install it last time, but was strongly warned against it (likely in BWS even, but not 100% certain).

Not sure if there are still bugs.  BWP 15.6 notes conflicts with Tashia, Nalia romances and Er'vonyrah.  I think that is because these mods rely on the cutscenes for their story development, not that the tweak is bugged.

2. No Drow Avatars component used to be super recommended, I remember, because it was said that the avatars were causing vile stuttering. I missed the avatars, but always installed it for that reason. Now it's not automatically selected or green. Has it been fixed?

Don't know.

1. Ding0's AI mod has just 3 components, all of them pretty non-descript, but it's selected here. With BP and SCS butting heads even when supposedly not affecting same things, wouldn't that cause issues? I don't know what it changes exactly, but with the amount of changes in those other mods I don't think it's possible it just coexists peacefully. Or maybe it does. I don't know! :P

SCS and BP both install after d0 AI.  SCS explicitly states compatibility (mostly by replacing D0 AI) and says d0 provides AI for some creatures that SCS misses. 

BP does not state compatibility with d0 AI, in part (I think from reading some of BP author's posts) because d0 was developed concurrent/after BP and didn't make allowances for compatibility.  Nonetheless with BP installed after it might be OK.  Needs testing!

2. BG1 Tactical Encounters, SCS Part - I don't see any BP components touching those guys. According to what agb1 was saying in other topic earlier, BP could overwrite some of the behavior scripts, but those encounters add stuff and generally change those encounters, I believe. Though this part also adds use of items, calls for help, choosing sensible targets etc, which makes the BG1 experience significantly more challenging (in a fun way!). I don't know. Would be a shame to lose it.

I'm experimenting with some further BWS rules changes to allow SCS tactical encounters for BG1 with BP tactical encounters for BG2.  Will update the test branch soon with this.

3. Comparing SCS and BP AI components, excluding those recommended for use in other mods, I found:

Overlapping options: Beholders, Demons, Dragons, Mages, Priests, Githyanki, Golems and Mind Flayers.

BP additionally: Animals, Djinni, Drow, Elementals, Thieves, Hellhounds, Knights & Paladins, Mist Flayers, Mists, Sahuagin & Kua-Toa, Shadows & Wraiths, Shadow Thieves, Trolls, Undead, Were-Creatures

SCS additionally: Spiders, Sirines & Dryads, Carrion Crawlers, Basilisks, Celestials, Vampires

Additional SCS options: better calls for help, HLAs for enemy mages, potions to use for enemies, plus, probably the troublesome (and yet required part, I'd guess), smarter general AI.

BP gives: Generic Creature Processing.

BWS thinks that Generic Creature Processing conflicts with SCS AI pretty much universally.  I am not sure.  BP AI has its own version of "better calls for help", integrated not a separate component.  I don't think BP has an equivalent of SCS' potions for enemies or HLAs for enemy mages but the BWS rules prevent using those SCS components with BP AI.  Again, not sure if those BWS rules are because of true incompatibility.

You missed some overlaps, like vampires, fiends = demons, trolls (SCS has them under tactical, BP has them under AI).

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#3 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:21 PM

1. Got it. If there's a choice it's all good.

2. I'll skip this for now then.

3. Neat.

4. It has no colored box. There's brown text on +25%, but no normal orange box for suggested difficulty pick. Tougher Enemies above has one. OCD. Sorry! :<

5. Good then. There's usually a warning before immersion-breaking mods, and this one sure belongs to that bunch :) But a warning before install is even better.

6. Yep. I see no conflict warnings for this and BP Balancer. Could be good to note there's two of those puppies! Though BP balancer also allows to pick % on traps/spells, which EET doesn't do. So BP is probably better in this regard. Also Ding0's experience fixer touches this. So that's three. Wonder how many I missed :D Ding0's one affects all mods before it, but only touches creatures and quest XP.

7. My pleasure.

###

1 & 2. Guess I'll check. In case of drows I guess it's some status that I could remove with SK anyway, right?

### AI

1. Ding0. Fine. I'll bite the bullet and add this too. BRING IT ON, AI.

2. It's just two components there that the current BWS version doesn't like. And that's SCS/BP AI mages/priests feud. I'm attaching my fixed selection here if you want to check how it behaves.

3. Aye, I left those SCS components alone in my selection, but some of them don't seem to overlap. I kept those checked for now. Of course the game won't let me run it, but I figure maybe it will show you which rules may conflict on most likely overlap-free (in general) selection.

I could test to see if this sort of thing can fly if you wish. See how mix of calls for help works etc. Maybe it's not that devious and things will just peacefully overwrite? :D

The file is the .ini file only changed the name to .txt for the forums to allow it.

###

By the way, what does this message mean? I don't remember it happening in previous BWS versions.

##################### FIRST POST MOVED BELOW #############################

Spoiler

Attached Images

• Capture2.JPG

Attached Files

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 28 December 2015 - 01:59 PM.

#4 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:29 PM

That message is displayed if you activate a mod that does not have any of its components pre-selected by default under any of the four BWS pre-selections (Recommended, Stable, Tactical, Expert).  It is saying "I don't have any guidelines about which components you might want to use from this mod, so I am going to just activate all of them for you."

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#5 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:34 PM

Try updated bp-test branch:  https://bitbucket.or...get/bp-test.zip

Changes:

BWP/BGT selection:
- Hanna components 1,3,4,5,6 re-located to BG2 Tactical Encounters (category only, no install order change)
- Tweaked default pre-selections for BP 650 (0000 -> 0011), 1070 <-> 1080 swapped (0011)
- Removed BP 1580, 1590 from selection (not displayed in BWS) because BP version of Spellhold "item taking" should not be used (not compatible with items added by mods); the SCS version is more dynamic and can be combined with BP if desired

* BWP/BGT rules updates:
- Purge Macholy's Teammates Scripts component 2 unless Chinese
- Revert dependency of BP encounters on BP 150 (experimental)
- Add Nalia romances conflict to BG2 Tweaks 'faster cutscenes'
- Removed some redundant level-50 rules conflicts
- Corrected spell progression rules to conflict BP 50 with TDD/ROT/M&G
- Disabled SCS initialization vs. BP humanoids AI conflict (experimental)
- Added conflicts for Hanna NPC tactical components with other mods
- Increased relative priority of BP tactical components vs. Revised Battles
- Revised Battles Firkraag now preferred over Super Firkraag (Revised Battles version is more interesting)
- Added conflict warning for Improved Trademeet Crypt components (Hanna, AzenMOD, Revised Battles) -- needs testing
- Increased relative priority of Tactics components (newer?) over DSoA equivalents
- Removed incorrect conflict between BuTcHeRy component 0 (doesn't touch Firkraag) and Super Firkraag mod

Improvements to mod/component descriptions:
* BuTcHeRy
* BWL Contest x2 (Facing Shade Lord Again - Igi's version, K'aeloree's version)
* Deeper Shadows of Amn
* Hanna NPC
* Revised Battles

BWS:
* Decreased the duration of the flash-pause when selecting a component that does not match your pre-selection / click settings after choosing "don't warn me again"

Edit:  Attached a sample selection ini showing a possible combination of SCS BG1 tactical components with BP AI and BG2 tactical components.

Attached Files

Edited by agb1, 29 November 2015 - 04:36 PM.

#6 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:42 PM

I am fairly sure that actually mixing BP AI and SCS AI components is a bad idea, because of the different approaches taken (SCS rewrites original scripts with new behavior; BP replaces original scripts with new differently-named scripts). By implication, if you install both then some creatures might have both SCS and BP AI scripts on them simultaneously, issuing contradictory commands.

I am hoping that a minimal overlap (SCS AI initialization component 5900) with all of the BP AI components will not do much harm. 5900 is a mandatory dependency for the SCS BG1 tactical encounter components (enforced by SCS install).

I also removed a conflict rule between SCS 1000 (core initialization of SCS, not AI specific) and BP 650 (humanoid scripts). It doesn't make sense to me that those would conflict, and I looked at SCS 1000 and didn't see script changes other than for planetars/devas. So we might be safe there.

Edited by agb1, 29 November 2015 - 04:45 PM.

#7 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:52 PM

Two odd things in my selection with the new BWS you posted here: It seems to tell me now that BP Kuroisan conflicts with Tactics' Irenicus, and RB Trademeet Crypt conflicts with Azen Irenicus Dungeon (should be Azen Dungeon I guess, either way I'll try rolling both Azen and RB for shits and giggles and when time comes I'll let know if they conflict or if it's just more packed).

I suppose HLAs for enemies are pointless from SCS since it's mage/priest AI and I'd take it from BP, but removing SCS component makes:

- Sirines & Dryads

- Basilisks

- Celestials

- Carrion Crawlers

Untouched. Theoretically nooot that big of a deal, but if someone wanted to buff everything, those would be a shame. If SCS doesn't overwrite BP scripts, maybe those would be harmless if installed, alongside SCS AI, after BP? I don't know, just throwing ideas.

No idea about SCS tacticals in Cloakwood Druids and Red Wizards. Theoretically they require an overlap with BP, but I think BP only buffs them by AI? Does SCS do something else? Though going by what you said in the previous post it's probably safer to just let them die easily. With the amount of mods adding devil spawn encounters all over nobody should miss them that much :D

If you meant AI initialization component as "Smarter General AI" vs "Generic Creature Processing" those two are still in conflict for me making those above 4 creature types un-buffable.

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 29 November 2015 - 05:03 PM.

#8 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:09 PM

I am not sure if SCS 6000 (smarter general AI) vs. BP 150 (generic creature processing) is a real conflict.  BP AI might include basilisks, carrion crawlers and sirines in the generic creatures component.  Need to check.

The SCS Red Wizards and Cloakwood Druids require the Smarter Mages/Priests (respectively) of SCS so I think those are absolutely not compatible with BP AI for Mages and Priests.

Dryad AI is also modified by the 'call woodland beings' tweak in Baldurdash, Tactics' 28 (improved nymphs) and by NEJ.  So you can have smarter dryad AI than the original game even without SCS.

Not sure about celestials scripts.  As I noted above, SCS initialization does something to planetars and devas.

#9 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:14 PM

I updated the bp-test link (thanks for catching that):

* Removed incorrect conflict between BP Kuroisan and Improved Irenicus (at the Tree of Life)

#10 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:14 PM

I'll use both SCS 6000 (smarter general AI) vs. BP 150 (generic creature processing) if BWS will allow me :) It doesn't right now in the newest posted build. Only activating those critters, no mages/priests, cause yep, I see where that goes wrong. We'll see which creatures can derp/if calls for help/potions etc will work. I'm curious if they can be mixed this way.

Tactics components are mostly depreciated compared to others, so I'd rather keep SCS Sirines/Dryads.

BP doesn't seem to touch celestials I don't think.

There's still a conflict listed between Azen Enhanced Chateau and Revised Battled Trademeet Crypt :P

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 29 November 2015 - 05:19 PM.

#11 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:34 PM

Oops.  Updated test branch again:

* Fixed AzenMOD component (2 -> 1) for Trademeet Crypt conflict warning
* Removed BP(150) vs. SCS(6000) conflict rule (experimental)

This should allow you to try those apparently non-overlapping AI components.

#12 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:18 PM

All right. There's still remaining conflict between BP and SCS calls for help, but rest is gone, so I'm just not going to test these two on this install "%20title= Maybe next time.

Untested (out of possibly okay) in this will be:
- SCS celestials
- SCS genies
- SCS calls for help

Updated selection (cleaned up a few redundancies) attached. In case it mattered in the future for some debugging or whatnot.

BWS remants:

Defect download links (upon checking):

Cursed Items Revision

The following mod(s) could not be downloaded (while actually downloading:

Polytweak: The Mod itself (Polytweak_v2.0.rar)** [had hamstered away and included]
Cursed Items Revision: The Mod itself (Cursed_Items_v3_5.zip) [found online and included]
Cerberus: The Mod itself (Cerberus v1.06.zip) [skipped]
Might and Guile: The Mod itself (Might_and_Guile.zip) [the one i found had different size and description so skipped to be safe, didn't use much of it anyway]

Attached Files

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 29 November 2015 - 07:30 PM.

#13 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:31 PM

Pushed a few more changes to the test branch:

* More conflict/dependency adjustments (switched some of the preferences back to SCS from BP; added some new conflicts with d0questpack / Revised Battles / Improved Summons)
* More default pre-selection adjustments
* BWS should now reload your last selection on restart
* Maybe fix Cursed Item Revisions download link
* Updated Might and Guile 1.5.1 file size

Experimentally disabled conflict between SCS smarter ascension components and BP improved ascension components... I want to try an install with both and see what happens.

#14 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:43 AM

I fell asleep yesterday before the installation finished, so I'm finishing it today. I'll then check some stuff and try to nab bothersome/broken things and most likely do another one before attempting to actually play the game, cause I bet something will have gone wrong.

Curious what will happen with ascension and BP ascension, let me know! :D

And if you'd like me to check those too, please remove conflict between BP Generic and those three things from the post above (unless you'll simply be faster and find out before me).

#15 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:23 AM

And if you'd like me to check those too, please remove conflict between BP Generic and those three things from the post above (unless you'll simply be faster and find out before me).

Erhm, abg1 already did it and made a bp-test branch out of it, while there's also a BP-test branch... look it out here. It says 5 hours ago.

Edited by The Imp, 30 November 2015 - 03:25 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#16 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:35 AM

I see. All right.

EDIT: New version is back to forbidding SCS AI with BP.

####

Anyway, errors from installation. No big deals for me, but in case someone wanted to take a peek, here they are:

The following originally selected mods could not be installed:

Mod: Sarevok related tweaks
Component: Give Sarevok a better weapon -> Give him Ascension's Final Battle Sarevok's sword

[This mod requires Ascension to be installed. If BP Ascension doesn't count maybe mark component as in-need-of or in-conflict-of?]

Mod: Yoshimo Romance
Component: Yoshimo Romance - ToB part (OPTIONAL)

[Main component must be installed. Either I mistakenly didn't checkbox it or the setup doesn't see it. I'll check next time around.]

Mod: Weimer's Tactics
Component: Improved Irenicus

[Skipping Component installation -- already included with Big Picture mod. Improved Irenicus (Weimer's Tactics) was skipped. Guess I'm blind lol. Didn't see anything Irenicusey in BP.]

Mod: Baldur's Gate II Tweak Pack
Component: Restore SoA Load Screen Logo (ToB Only)

[ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "rename", "override/gprogbar.mos")]

Component: Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams -> Originals from EoU (Karzak, Blucher)

[This component is incompatible with another mod already installed. Doesn't tell which one.]

Mod: BP-Balancer (Beta)
Component: XP for Pick Pocket -> Original BG2

[ERROR: Cannot find 3 rows with at least 50 columns.ERROR: [XPBONUS.2da] -> [override/XPBONUS.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Cannot Set 2DA Entry"))]

LVL 1 NPCs don't give names when asking for class/attributes. Hard quizz if someone wanted to use it. Attaching a picture. I mean the names flash on the screen after/before the question, but catching them is challenging. They're there, it's just like the display pauses a line too late or something.

Attached Images

• issue 2.JPG

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 30 November 2015 - 05:16 AM.

#17 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:05 AM

Component: Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams -> Originals from EoU (Karzak, Blucher)

[This component is incompatible with another mod already installed. Doesn't tell which one.]

BGT-weidu.

The BP-balances component obviously requires a level 50 ruleset, and it seems that you do not have one installed.

Edited by The Imp, 30 November 2015 - 04:11 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#18 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:52 AM

I have the level 50 ruleset checked. It seems to be installed in this part of the weidu.log:

~BP/SETUP-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture, core component (required for most subcomponents): v181-b4611 BWP Fix
~BP/SETUP-BP.TP2~ #0 #35 // Add Bags and Magic Throwing Daggers to Stores: v181-b4611 BWP Fix
~BP/SETUP-BP.TP2~ #0 #50 // Level-50 Ruleset (Code By King Diamond): v181-b4611 BWP Fix
~BP/SETUP-BP.TP2~ #0 #60 // Custom Grandmastery (w/ extra attacks): v181-b4611 BWP Fix

If that's the thing you mean.

###

On another note, I ported around several locations and encounters in BG1/BG2. Didn't see anything weird or suspicious.

- enemies use potions all the time

- enemies swarm from all over the map/follow through doors flawlessly

- mages cast spells/summon creatures with occasional thrown weapon attack before another cast

- there are no weird unfitting drops from easy creatures

- there seems to be less OP mod-drops from stronger enemies than I remember, that's not a bad thing. I was bothered by a bunch of those. Wonder if enemies will be easier too though. Ctrl+Y refused to judge difficulty.

Checked fights at:

- Mulahey's cave

- Davaeorn fight

- random NtotSC area up north with the troublesome orc casters mentioned in that other topic

- planar prison

- Sahuagin city

- gnoll stronghold assassin encounter

- fight in front of CW mines

- bandit camp

- fight in Den of Seven Wales (that includes enemy Time Stop + casting, worked just fine)

- slaver ship

- Davaeorn

- duergar crew in Nashkel mines level 3

- random kobolds and stuff (kobold priest/mage seem to be gone from mines level 3 though, no idea where those guys were from [DSotSC maybe?], that's a little bit fishy. Just a little)

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 30 November 2015 - 06:15 AM.

#19 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:03 AM

Mod: Sarevok related tweaks

Component: Give Sarevok a better weapon -> Give him Ascension's Final Battle Sarevok's sword

[This mod requires Ascension to be installed. If BP Ascension doesn't count maybe mark component as in-need-of or in-conflict-of?]

Looks like BP Ascension doesn't give Sarevok the same sword.  I will update the rule to depend on original Ascension.

Mod: Yoshimo Romance
Component: Yoshimo Romance - ToB part (OPTIONAL)

[Main component must be installed. Either I mistakenly didn't checkbox it or the setup doesn't see it. I'll check next time around.]

I will add a dependency rule for the TOB romance part needing the SOA romance part.

Mod: Weimer's Tactics
Component: Improved Irenicus

[Skipping Component installation -- already included with Big Picture mod. Improved Irenicus (Weimer's Tactics) was skipped. Guess I'm blind lol. Didn't see anything Irenicusey in BP.]

This is just checking generically if BP is installed.  I do not see BP modifying any of the same files, so it looks like an incorrect conflict rule in the Tactics mod.  Maybe a candidate for BW Fixpack.

Component: Restore SoA Load Screen Logo (ToB Only)

[ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "rename", "override/gprogbar.mos")]

Please do a WeiDU.exe --change-log gprogbar.mos so we can see what clobbered this.

I will add BGT to the conflicts rule.  Also Imoen Romance, apparently (the BG2 Tweaks setup will skip this component if it sees a file from Imoen Romance).

Mod: BP-Balancer (Beta)
Component: XP for Pick Pocket -> Original BG2

[ERROR: Cannot find 3 rows with at least 50 columns.ERROR: [XPBONUS.2da] -> [override/XPBONUS.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Cannot Set 2DA Entry"))]

Please do a WeiDU.exe --change-log on xpbonus.2da so we can see if something overwrote the level-50 rules.

LVL 1 NPCs don't give names when asking for class/attributes. Hard quizz if someone wanted to use it. Attaching a picture. I mean the names flash on the screen after/before the question, but catching them is challenging. They're there, it's just like the display pauses a line too late or something.

Will see what can be done about this...

#20 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:08 AM

Updates pushed to bp-test branch:

* Yoshimo Romance ToB needs Yoshimo Romance SOA
* BGT and Imoen romances conflict with BG2 Tweaks 'faster cutscenes and dreams'
* Disabled new House Jae'llat conflict rule (SCS Drow vs. Revised Battles)
* Corrections for Sarevok's Tweaks dependency (his final battle sword is apparently only in original Ascension, not in BP Ascension) and conflict (preventing selection of the first component with SCS is unnecessary because SCS is installed after -- some of the Sarevok Tweaks changes will be overwritten by SCS, but not all)
* Changed Tactical pre-selection for Sarevok's Tweaks to give him +2 sword instead of Ascension sword

Edited by agb1, 30 November 2015 - 07:09 AM.