[list in post #1] BP+SCS install reports BG1 & BG2

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#141 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 06:52 AM

Anyway I figured out what happened:

"We know...." and "That is enough..." (given as first reply) are taken from the script tra file - no idea why :doh: :wacko:

"You don't have ToB installed" (given as second reply) and "You don't have SoA version of this mod installed" are also taken from script tra file - no idea why :wacko:

"Whoever you are, leave me alone!" (given as fourth reply) is correctly taken from SoA dialogue tra file.

I have no idea over why it happened... but the first four entries are taken from script tra file ("we know" and "that is enough", anyway, are being said by the merchant) while the "whoever" has been correctly taken from dialogue tra file:

Dialogue tra file:

@0  = ~A very nice day to you, sir <CHARNAME>, it is a pleasure to meet you at last. My name is Eman Rahc.~ ~A very nice day to you, madam <CHARNAME>, it is a pleasure to meet you at last. My name is Eman Rahc.~
@1  = ~Good day, Eman. Can I help you with something?~
@2  = ~The pleasure is mine. But would you have the kindness to tell me how you know my name?~
@3  = ~How do you know my name? I enjoy a certain reputation along the Coast, but I never thought it had spread to these lands.~
@4  = ~Whoever you are, leave me alone!~

Entries 1, 2 3 and 4 are the replies CHARNAME is given and, as you see yourself, also the merchant entry is wrong.

While this is what happened:

Script tra file:

@0 = ~We know that you have been through some tough times, <CHARNAME>. For that we will ignore your hostility. However, you will not get our help... for the moment.~
@1 = ~That is enough, <CHARNAME>! We will not be hostile to you, but you will not get help from me!~
@2 = ~You don't have ToB installed.~
@3 = ~You don't have SoA version of this mod installed.~

Hope you see what I mean :)

Will investigate it :)

Edited by Nightfarer, 30 December 2015 - 07:32 AM.

#142 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:56 AM

AUTO_TRA :) (removing it should fix the dialogues)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#143 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:26 AM

Moving the discussion of missing IDS entries for BG2EE to this thread... BP and BPSeries AI want WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC and STATE_DISEASED_FIX respectively. The latter clashes numerically with a different IDS entry. Since the BP author hasn't been active for a while, can we patch these problems in the BP mods' tp2 files directly (via BWFixpack)?

Update: Silent worked around this. https://bitbucket.or...ts/be378a746358

According to that, Wheels of Prophecy removes the IDS entry for WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC. We should probably fix that.

Edited by agb1, 30 December 2015 - 12:24 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#144 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:53 PM

EDIT:

I sent to Leonardo the revised tp2 setup file and patch for Textpack ENGLISH.

Edited by Nightfarer, 31 December 2015 - 01:30 AM.

#145 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:29 PM

Does anyone have a clue what could cause the Beholder-save issue? I'd cut something out of the script or whatnot if I knew what could possibly be happening. It's something in AI probably since Ctrl+Y at spawn prevents the bug from triggering.

It makes it really annoying to play through any beholder-inclusive location ._. I'm a save-addict, I play like a moron with added attention disorders so I do way too many weird/risky stuff to roll through without doing load-worthy things :P

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 05 January 2016 - 12:34 PM.

#146 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:51 PM

Does anyone have a clue what could cause the Beholder-save issue? I'd cut something out of the script or whatnot if I knew what could possibly be happening. It's something in AI probably since Ctrl+Y at spawn prevents the bug from triggering.

It makes it really annoying to play through any beholder-inclusive location ._. I'm a save-addict, I play like a moron with added attention disorders so I do way too many weird/risky stuff to roll through without doing load-worthy things :P

Not sure if I am talking about the same thing - you cannot save the game when encountering certain creatures, e.g. beholders?

The issue is in some spell mod that summons invisible creatures when some spells are cast by enemies. Those invisible enemies are supposed to self-destoy after some time, however it occasionally fails. In this case you get this strange *cannot save enemies are near* or something similar.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#147 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

#Beholders prevent saving in the area they died in – happened in the Asylum, happened in Ust’Natha inn, happened in Ust’Natha after Phaere quest. Didn’t happen in Sahuagin city, because who in their right mind would kill the Spectator <3
It just gets stuck on “monsters nearby”. True Seeing reveals nothing, moving away does nothing, leaving the area and resting and returning does nothing. Pretty annoying bug.

The true sight is really bad at displaying invisible creatures. As in, creatures that are meant to stay invisible even when True Sight is casted, cause they are used to run scripting stuff.

I have no idea, but it could be as easy as checking if all the invisible creatures are set to be non-monstrous.

You have the problem, so you have to files that need to be checked. We need a .cre file that has the problem present, and it's scripts, spells eettcc that we'll ask after we check them.

Exactly the same is true to in Roxanne's... time to up some files. :P

And can someone find out what mod causes this. Or at least what doesn't. :P

Edited by The Imp, 05 January 2016 - 01:03 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#148 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:16 PM

I think that problem is TELEKINESIS spell (SPIN476.SPL) it creates hostile invisible creature which prevents saving. I haven't investigated problem any further, i just remove any references to TELEKINESIS from beholder scripts then everything works ok.

I'm not going to blame any mod without further investigation.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#149 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:22 PM

I think that problem is TELEKINESIS spell (SPIN476.SPL) it creates hostile invisible creature which prevents saving. I haven't investigated problem any further, i just remove any references to TELEKINESIS from beholder scripts then everything works ok.

I'm not going to blame any mod without further investigation.

Exactly

That is one of them and a couple of others from the same mod have similar effects.

This was reported several times already but it is just a waste of time to discuss with the spell-tweakers about how they ruin your games - repair one and two new ones come out next week...

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#150 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:47 PM

Munchkin, can you run the following command in your game folder and paste the result here?

weidu.exe --log nul --change-log SPIN476.SPL

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#151 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:48 PM

Or you could change-log the bad spell, see how to fix it and give the fix to Lollorian. But nope, not worth it, never mind.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#152 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:39 PM

Munchkin, can you run the following command in your game folder and paste the result here?

weidu.exe --log nul --change-log SPIN476.SPL

Actually there's probably nothing wrong with SPIN476.SPL, problem is probably in BPINVSB.EFF or i might be totally wrong about this and problem is in SPIN476.SPL or then agian maybe not. :P

These spl problems are hard to figure out at least for me so i don't bother to do these. :lol:

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#153 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:05 PM

I'm not entirely sure, but I think Telekinesis is also added to demons, isn't it? I seem to recall something like that from reading about BP and SCS. I thought it's the skill that throws player characters around, but I have no issue saving after demons.

The odd thing I noticed about the beholders is that soon after the fight starts they display an effect to their side that's similar to disintegration. It's just a hunch, of course, but it's an oddity and I wonder if it could have anything to do with it.

I believe the only spell mod I have installed is Spell Revisions. I tried to keep it as light as possible when it came to meddling with spells.

I tried to run the change-log command, which caused Norton to delete my WeiDU.exe, because it's moronic and now I have to figure out how to make it stop since the usual option to trust the file and restore it is not present... My god. I'm never using that crap again, lol. I'll report back if I find a way to make the antivirus stfu and let me copy the file into the folder >.< Unless it's disregarded already, then I won't report, but I still need my damn WeiDU pshh.

Do you want some beholder file or something from me? Or is this issue just too fishy to debug?

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 05 January 2016 - 04:06 PM.

#154 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:25 PM

Actually there's probably nothing wrong with SPIN476.SPL, problem is probably in BPINVSB.EFF or i might be totally wrong about this and problem is in SPIN476.SPL or then agian maybe not. :P
Yes, it could be the .eff, a script that the eff casts to run, or creature it makes, global it sets or any of the other 300 effects it can do... but --change-log'ging can start the process of eliminating 99% of those faults by allowing us to look it for the answer it gives, and what fixes them by replacing the faulty with the not faulty things.

Aka, so long as you have a file that breaks the thing in the game, and one that doesn't, I am sure that Lollorian can find a fix for it with his friends and enemies: :devil: Ba-dam-pam.

Edited by The Imp, 05 January 2016 - 04:34 PM.

#155 -driveby bug report-

-driveby bug report-

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:46 AM

Zry3TZK.jpg

Global affects, MSTRMUNE#CRAFT and MSTRDONE appear after crafting the Mastermune sword (OP btw) and break Cespenar. Every item made afterwards is another Mastermune. Removing both effects through SK fixes the savegame.

#156 -driveby bug report-

-driveby bug report-

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:40 PM

zEzvOC5.jpg

These two affects (local on character) are probably caused by the Planar Sphere Return mod and cause character classes to appear as "Sorcerer". The classes are working normally as before, but the bug can get annoying. Removing them returns the character sheet to normal.