Photo

[list in post #1] BP+SCS install reports BG1 & BG2

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#41 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:29 AM

For now I think you will need to either install Scales of Balance Wizard Tweaks to get that missing file or disable M&G component 200.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#42 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:32 AM

I'll just disable it, it's fine, but if you need that WeiDu thing I'd like to know how to give it to you :D Unless now it's redundant since you're pretty sure where the bug sits, I guess. So next time.

#43 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:36 AM

Redundant for now.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#44 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:42 AM

I still don't know where I can find the output of that weidu change-log. I run it in the SoA folder, but the console window closes after doing it's things... :( Or I'm doing it wrong.

Well, the instructions are here, that's why the posts topic is "*FAQ for the Megamods" :P , the archive in the post is very old and it has a long over due outdated weidu.exe file in it, so when you extract it, do not overwrite the existing on ein your game folder with the one in the achive, and you need to edit the .bat to use it.
Or just run this one instead of downloading that:

mkdir change-log
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log clabma01.2da >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log

The output is likely actually nothing in this case, the reason is that making the file isn't logged into the change-log file, just any added content/redacted or changed is, and it's not even likely needed ... and I "reported this" to subtledoctor already. ...

Edited by The Imp, 30 November 2015 - 10:43 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#45 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:24 AM

Sorry about that - when I grabbed copies of CLABMAxx.2da to use in that component, some of them had an extra GA_ line off at like 10th or 12th level that I didn't see because it was outside the window of my text editor. I thought I caught and removed them all in the latest release (it's up to 1.5.1 or something, I forget) but I'll double-check tonight when I get home. It's a very quick and easy fix.

EDIT - to clarify, the reason the change-log output is null, is that nothing has changed those files. They don't exist in the base game, so in order to add a CLAB effect to wizards (like extra spells for high INT) the mod has to add them.

Edited by subtledoctor, 30 November 2015 - 11:27 AM.

#46 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for confirming the issue.  We look forward to playing with the component after you patch it.

#47 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:10 PM

Well, for people who don't know these forums so well, it's not easy to know what exactly can be found in FAQ and what can't :P Weidu-change-logging isn't something I'd expect to find described there. Now I'll know for the future in case I need the change-log.

New installation goes okay, just a little warning it seems, and it doesn't seem major (unless it could cause some weird crashes?):

WARNING: ADD_CRE_ITEM: Could not find empty inventory slot. Defaulting to INV16.
Potions for NPCs -> One third of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost (Sword Coast Stratagems) was installed with warnings.

I have a silly issue installing lvl 1 NPCs, I foolishly chose just 2 to know who's who and thought I was being smart, but then it came to picking Sorcerer class spells and I've no idea what I should type in, since the whole thing starts from #8 and the instruction is eaten :D I'm gonna have to try and find it somewhere to know how to get out of this pickle lol.

EDIT:

Haha, I looked into the debug to see latest lines. Clearly I got 1st one right, but then it asked for another (without showing it accepted anything) and I started experimenting. So the mod told me: "You fail at life. Try again."

Now I'm sad :(

And an error again, though this time for some reason connected to W_Gui?

ERROR: Failure("Cannot Set 2DA Entry")
XP for Pick Pocket -> Original BG2 (BP-Balancer (Beta)) was not installed due to errors.
The following will not be installed without the component:

W_GUI (Beta):
0000: W_GUI

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 30 November 2015 - 01:19 PM.

#48 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:17 PM

Tip:

Don't select specific Level 1 NPC components in BWS. Instead run the setup manually at the end and customize then.

#49 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:20 PM

Good tip. I just finished that sorcerer and left the other two alone. I have ShadowKeeper too if I'm ever in need of something funky. Much faster.

Still, it's a solid n00btrap in BWS. Perhaps add a note not to do it this way for now? :D

Hm. W_GUI didn't install for some reason. Pf. Good thing it comes after biffing. That means I can install/uninstall it as I please, right?

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 30 November 2015 - 01:40 PM.

#50 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:40 PM

I will move the individual NPC components to the very end of the install.

#51 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:47 PM

Neeeevermind. I just got a completely gamebreaking and super strange bug :D

Namely, the dialogues are invisible. They worked fine last install and barely anything's different, I don't think it's some mod's fault (NO dialogue mod is changed, I only added a few recommended-marked NPCs). Dude in Candlekeep initiates dialogue with me (the skip-Candlekeep one) or a lady from another mod (she worked fine last time). In his case I can press a button once then it's stuck, in her case I have dialogue option #6 available. Only. No text no nothing :D

Baffling. I guess I'll just trash this install and run it again... Still curious what went wrong.

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 30 November 2015 - 01:51 PM.

#52 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:54 PM

My guess is your dialog.tlk got borked somehow. I do not know how to debug that.

#53 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:00 PM

This bug doesn't seem too debuggable, especially since the configuration was fine before. I'll see if it appear again but I kinda doubt it will. Weird thing :D

#54 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for confirming the issue.  We look forward to playing with the component after you patch it.

Patched!  The master download should now point to v1.5.3 which removes reference to the d5_conti ability.

#55 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:55 PM

The dialogue bug returned on the next install. I'm officially clueless. No errors, no new conflicts, no nothing. Very slight changes to mod selection.

I'm gonna attach both WeiDU.logs, from the working one and the broken one, but I've no idea if these will be of any help. I have no idea what could be causing that thing.

And good job to subtledoctor :) You go, man!

EDIT: Attaching a screenshot -.^ When one time the guard managed to talk first it looked the same way, only no player response available (he probably had more than 1 line). Same thing happens in SoA. I could speak to this lady in the previous installation so whatever mod she's from is not at fault. Not that I can check much - it's the first thing that happens after starting a game, huh.

Attached Images

• bug.jpg

Attached Files

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 30 November 2015 - 05:03 PM.

#56 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:56 PM

Pushed more changes to bp-test branch:

Updated Might & Guile version to 1.5.3
Change mod type for Big Picture from Expert to Tactical (no known issues with the mod as a whole)
Improved Oversight mod component descriptions and changed mod type from Tactical to Stable (most of its components are not difficulty increasers)
Typo fix for Tactics mod component 2 description

* More BWP/BGT conflict and dependency rules additions and corrections
* More SCS/BP Ascension conflicts changed to conflict warnings (ignore-able for testing)
* Oversight mod pre-selections corrected
* BG1NPCSoA re-categorized under "NPCs" (from "smaller NPCs")
* QuestPack 11 marked Tactical, replaced by 12 for Stable pre-selection
* Infinity Sounds tweaks to mute tooltip scroll and reputation loss added to Stable pre-selection
* 1pp GUI moved to Stable (from Expert) as no known issues and conflicts rules exist
* Haiass and Djinni Companion mods re-categorized under "mini-mods" (from "smaller NPCs")
* More default pre-selection revisions for SCS
* Moved BP 150 and 175 after other creature AI components per author recommendation from shsforums
* Moved Level 1 NPCs kit change components to the end of the install order

#57 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:13 PM

I will try an install using your weidu-log and see what happens.

#58 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:20 PM

Here, if this would make it easier. I've seen strange bugs in modded BG but this one tops them all as far as my experience goes :o

I gotta go to sleep now, it's late, but I'll come back to the fray tomorrow. Kudos for all your work on BWS, by the way! In the name of all BWP players I thank thee :D

Attached Files

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 30 November 2015 - 05:22 PM.

#59 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:23 PM

Thanks.  We'll see how it goes.

#60 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:29 AM

I've redone the install with totally minor changes and:

a) no dialogue bug happened

b) no inventory-slot warning for either mage books or potion bottles (no warnings all install aside of that Tactics thing I can't remember to un-check...)

Are they related? Gods know (or you guys). But the bug was so weird I thought I'd report anything and everything.

Changes to the install? I'm not sure if I remember all of them, but basically:

- removed some BG2 NPC mod/s (not many, I had only a few selected to begin with)

- turned off that pick-pocket XP component

- selected some other XP-managing component

I'm honestly not sure I've done anything else. I guess if agb1 tries that yesterday's selection of mine he'll know if it's an actual conflict somewhere or not. Attaching the new one without dialogue bug if anyone was curious.

EDIT: Quick AI test results.

Works: casting spells, pre-buffing (usually in a slower way than SCS I think), drinking potions, calls for help, normal attacking from melee/ranged creatures.

Slave Ship: seems fine

Copper Coronet: seems fine

Seven Vales brawl: seems fine (time stops, horrid wiltings, all that jazz)

Planar Prison: seems fine, warden looks pretty challenging

Small Teeth Pass: red dragon called my name and then I got my ass handed to me by (at least) two dragons. They were casting buffs and offensive spells and looking for me in the area.

Sahuagin City: seems fine

Trademeet Crypt: seems fine (don't know what was supposed to be there now, but there's air elemental, fully-buffed lich casting spells [2xtimestop] and mashing face. Completely rekt my ToB-file imported warrior champ)

Tor'Gal: I don't know. Tor'gal was throwing some knock-out rocks, and he had two trolls beside him. No spell casting trolls, no fancy trolls (I remember in some version there were, but it could've been some old Tactics Tor'gal or whatever). One of the Giant Trolls seemed a bit confused, the other attacked normally. That's the only weird thing I saw, I will investigate in druidic grove.

Nashkel mines: duergars seem fine

Mulahey: seems fine (just easy, I don't remember if he was harder last time)

Davaeorn: seems fine (just suicidal :D Battle Horrors cast spells and port around as they please+additional assassins)

Gnoll fortress: seems fine (assassin party actually battles nearest gnolls if you pull some towards them, just a curiosity, I don't think it's gonna happen normally anyway)

Bandit camp: seems fine (everything swarms, casts spells, shoots arrows)

Bears: seem normal

Random Kobolds/Gnolls: seem normal

Wood of the Dead: orcs seem fine

I cannot load my pre-done BG2 save, it crashes the game. I'll try a fresh one soon.

Okay, on a weird note (probably obvious for you though):

I was testing the above porting from BG1 game. I was sure it didn't matter for non-event related checks, but man, was I surprised. I ventured to Irenicus Dungeon and didn't see Illyich, Otyughs or Cambions, so I figured they must be connected to BG2. So I started it. Things:

- I believe BWS doesn't allow to install Check the Bodies without chores anymore. I never used Chores and had CtB but now it made me install it, which isn't a big deal, but makes starting sequence of BG2 even longer lol. It shows the important BG1 events and you gotta sit through them.

- If you port to Chateau from BG1 it's filled with kobolds and kobold scribes/clerics (which, by the way, work just fine. Only wonder why they didn't appear in the Nashkel mines this time).

- If you go around it in BG2 it's back to goblins and awfully easy. I don't know why, but there's 1 Otyugh (I remember 2 or 3 with mods), 1 Cambion (I remember two, though likely weaker). Illyich's mage doesn't cast spells (the only mage I nabbed that doesn't do it). He shoots from his sling. No actual problems spotted besides that.

- When I visited Tor'gal in actual BG2 he has his Yuan-ti spellcasters on his side making the fight waaay more difficult as I remember it. They work fine (and I think they also spawn in Planar Prison).

- I checked Druidic Grove (BG1 still) and no other troll seemed confused. Normal, Frost, Giant and Spectral were following me and hitting me, but none was casting spells - wonder if they start to in BG2? Guess I'll have to check. Checked. Guess spellcasting trolls were from someplace else. Spectrals are invisible until they attack. I think no troll issues are present really.

Attached Files

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 01 December 2015 - 09:11 AM.