Photo

I Am New Here, Sort Of...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WithinAmnesia

WithinAmnesia
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:29 PM

Hello, I am Within Amnesia and I enjoy creating new content for Baldur's Gate. I am wondering if I should look around here for modding help for a fairly large project that I am currently working on. I have been here a few times privately asking a few questions to some community content creators although I wonder what this forum is all about for I have never really spent a considerable amount of time herein. What is this forum capable of in terms of content creation? I have been trying to find help on the Beamdog hosted forum although for every ~50 forum users I find one person who may be able to create new content. I wonder what the Baldur's Gate Modding Communities are capable of now ~15 years after Baldur's Gate was released and I am wondering where one can find these er 'small' communities now? Thank you for your time everyone.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:23 PM

Well, we are a loose collection of mod makers, independent as everyone, no ties other than the ones we wish to keep.

Yeah, that's as bad answer to the first question as you can have.

Anyways, the second answer is better. See we are linked to all the major ones, of course that's quite old page already. But the fun part is if you ask more particular question, you are likely going to get more particular answer.

Like for example 'we' carry out the maintenance of about two to 500 concurrent mods(and thus 1500 components) and thus the tools that you are able to install them 'easily' in a near compatible state. I won't lie to you and tell that that's small stuff, so I am telling you, it's a timesink. It's been in the trial stage for about 10 years, but it has delivered too, to people.

Now, what's this all about ? :devil:

Jarno Mikkola:

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.

Edited by The Imp, 07 December 2015 - 10:28 PM.

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:11 AM

Darn, ALIEN, I told it was old. But the important links work. G3, PPG, CoM. It doesn't have Atari's, or the new EE BG site.

The BLW still works, but if you like to get to teh forum, you could use this.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 WithinAmnesia

WithinAmnesia
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:25 AM

So if the Baldur's Gate Modding Community was a town.. (It is 4 AM when I type this so just hear me out on this crazy one) Spell Hold Studios would be its 'main road' connecting all of the specialized er 'shops' and 'businesses' that create the official and community grown content while it also connects the er 'houses' and 'residential buildings' of the content consumers (e.g the bulk of the community / players) and while on said 'road' one can find the odd person (here) on the 'streets' of whom is traveling to or from one of the said 'buildings'. I suppose that within this context ALIEN and or The Imp are the 'road workers' and I am the person asking for directions?