Druidic sorcerer spells per level ( and other) bugs

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#81 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:45 AM

IF_EVAL is very weird. I'd recommend using PATCH_IF instead.

#82 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:17 AM

I think the UAI is blanket, it can't be fine-tuned, as far as the IESDP authors know. The actual heart of UAI is an OpCode/Effect:

#302 (0x302) Item: Can Use Any Item [302]
Parameter #1: Irrelevant
Parameter #2: Constant Value
Description:

The targeted creature(s) can use any item.
The Constant Value parameter should be set to 1.
The effect modifies stat 191.

#83 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:24 AM

Plan of action:
- there will be two kits, one for the Original game and one for the EE world
- kit for the Original game will be preserved as much as possible
- everything unwanted will be commented out in the tp2 file
- toss all the spell table stuff. DS can use a normal Sorcerer spell allotment. I don't think I can make it work. (If anyone wants to follow the rules I can include the spreadsheet.)

-At level 5, can maintain spellcasting abilities while wearing light armor.
-At level 7, can simultaneously wear armor and robes.
-At level 8, can shapeshift into new druid animal forms.

These levels are notional, theoretical, because the DS always starts at level 8 anyway.

Wait for 5 to 10 seconds for scripts to be processed or the kit change may not happen.

Tome of the Geomantic Sorcerer, Ca#ageo.itm, summons Ca#ageo.cre who runs the script Ca#ageo.bcs, which effects the granting of the GS kit. All we need to do is write DS translations for the GS item, creature and script. Have the code go through each NPC one at a time.
If Imoen is allowed to join the party she can hand over the Tome, we can put it in her dialog file. It will be a permanent item.
(I tried to have the Tome given by the Area Script but I could not bring it off?!)

Edited by Ishad Nha, 29 February 2016 - 04:28 AM.

#84 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:14 AM

Looking good. But:

toss all the spell table stuff. DS can use a normal Sorcerer spell allotment

I completely agree but does that mean that DS will not  getting extra spells from wisdom and charisma abilities? 

#85 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:39 AM

You can do this with kits too, no need for a book.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#86 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:15 AM

"I completely agree but does that mean that DS will not  getting extra spells from wisdom and charisma abilities?"
Not unless someone can get it to work properly. You can also toss the -1 spells per level proviso too. (There is always the easy to use spreadsheet too, that will give the bonus spells.)

The Book handles situations like a prospective DS not yet being a member of the party.

Now I am starting on the tp2 file. I now need to write up a ReadMe file detailing how the upload works. It will be handled as a patch to the original kit.

Edited by Ishad Nha, 29 February 2016 - 11:35 PM.

#87 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:22 AM

I can't find a way to alter the 0602 area script to successfully give the DS Tome to a party member,

I have tried to alter the genie Aataqah to do so but no luck so far. I am not good at understanding the creation of Dlg files.

I can still use the Console okay.

#88 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:00 AM

I can still use the Console okay.

So what's the books item name ? *.itm ...
For example, this -.tp2 code

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ar0602.bcs~ ~Impilation/Item/AR0602.baf~

And this:

IF
Global("IJ#BAC9","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("IJ#BAC9","GLOBAL",1)
ActionOverride("Chest 7",CreateItem("IJ#brac9",0,0,0))
END 

... as the ar0602.baf .
It adds the ij#brac9.itm to the one of the start areas containers. the Chest 7 name is taken with Near Infinity, and of course it only works if the ar0602.bcs is fixed... the G3 Fixpack does it generally for most of the players, but there can be out liners.

Edited by The Imp, 03 March 2016 - 08:01 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#89 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:48 PM

I chose a really catchy name for the item, DruidSor.itm, it is the Tome of the Druidic Sorcerer. It is a copy of the Tome of the Geomantic Sorcerer.
An excellent place would be the Jailkeep Table, where you find the key to Jaheira's cell.

#90 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:47 PM

ActionOverride("Jailkeep Table",CreateItem("DruidSor",1,0,0)) ...

#91 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:16 PM

Good, that problem is solved.
Now I will need to look through the items and scripts to see what is actually needed. Other stuff can be put in storage folders. I will go beyond a patch and issue a new version of the mod.

I could enable the dialog option to make a protagonist DS the new master of the Grove.

Baldurs Gate Trilogy, where to place the Tome:
BG1: AR2616, Winthrop's Inn, Container 1 is an unlocked bookshelf. (This is known as AR6516 in BGT.)
BG2: AR0602, Starting Dungeon, Jailkeep Table is an unlocked table.

Throne of Bhaal:
ToB: AR4500, Pocket Plane, Container 3 is an unlocked whatever.

AR4000, Forest of Tethir, has no containers so I chose to add it to Illasera.bcs:  
IF
    Global("DRUIDSOR","AR4000",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("DRUIDSOR","AR4000",1)
        ActionOverride(Myself,CreateItem("DRUIDSOR",6,0,0)) // <NO TEXT>
END

Item is placed in the Pocket Plane as a backup.

Edited by Ishad Nha, 05 March 2016 - 05:24 AM.

#92 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:47 AM

I could enable the dialog option to make a protagonist DS the new master of the Grove.

Excellent idea! Would he still be qualified to take Planar sphere? Or better, both?  :)  OK, joke on the side, let's not be too greedy, could be some mod incompatibilities even with only Grove option ( NPC strongholds ). 

#93 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:07 AM

Excellent idea! Would he still be qualified to take Planar sphere? Or better, both?  :)  OK, joke on the side, let's not be too greedy, could be some mod incompatibilities even with only Grove option ( NPC strongholds ). 

It's sadly easier to code to add strongholds than properly set every scenario to remove an assigned one, like the sphere is by default.

#94 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:32 AM

I remember from mod README that original author even aimed at one moment to make completely new stronghold for this kit...

#95 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 06:36 PM

Custom DS stronghold never happened...

Robes can be worn with armor, this involves custom Robes with inherent ability to be changed so they can be worn in the cloak slot. This means that the relevant items must be overridden, possibly messing up items from other mods. It only works for robes that come with the kit.
A better idea is patching all robes...

#96 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:49 PM

Actually they can't...
What you are talking about is creating a custom mod that does this. It's insane ... a robe is an armor.
Harry-potter-costume1.jpgSorta...
How would you put this man into a robe:
93e795abe96d932cfbc5e19e7cf9e071.jpg
Yes, you can put a cloak to him...but not a robe.

#97 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:03 PM

I know it is silly but it is part of the original DS mod. It can always be skipped, in the original tp2 file for the mod it was commented out.

HLAs seem to be set twice:
lines 46, 47
// high level abilities
~SO0~

lines 1907 - 1909
// Modifying the LUBBR.2da file
COPY_EXISTING ~LUABBR.2da~ ~override/LUABBR.2da~
SET_2DA_ENTRY 51   1   2   So0

Here is a look at how the mod is going...

(This has been superseded by a new version.)

Edited by Ishad Nha, 16 March 2016 - 04:48 AM.

#98 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:19 PM

Broadly the kit is working properly...

If BGT is not currently installed the tp2 file will create a "AR6516.bcs" file.
Need to have a ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS clause to stop this happening,

A Sorcerer created in ToB can't seem to acquire the kit?! Kit is working fine in BG2. Druidsor.cre has only script, Druidsor.bcs called as an Override script. I could alter the cre file so that all script slots call the Druidsor script.

#99 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:03 AM

Need to have a ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS clause to stop this happening,
Why not instead use:
ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgt~ THEN BEGIN 
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ar6516.bcs~ ~custompath/custom.baf~
END

ELSE BEGIN 
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ar0602.bcs~ ~custompath/AR0602.baf~ 
END
:devil: :P
This is if we just make this for BGT and SoA games, that can be extended to include the Tutu, CA, BG1EE, EET and, well there's also the other TCs too... but it'll be good to start with the above.

Edited by The Imp, 07 March 2016 - 01:09 AM.

#100 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:58 AM

Sometimes the script to change class does not work or it works only after a few attempts, it is shown in the spoiler below:

Spoiler