Photo

Consolidated Open Issues thread

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:17 PM

OK -- you are requesting a redesign of a process that currently works, because you think this change would simplify the process.  I'm not familiar enough with how WeiDU's auto-update works and its limitations to know why it wasn't done that way originally, but there must have been some reason it wasn't done that way.  Since the current process is working, I'd rather focus on other problems for now.

Edit:  But that's just my priorities.  Imp, you're welcome to get involved in BWS development and try changing this yourself.

Edited by agb1, 02 January 2016 - 02:19 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#22 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:49 PM

This thread is nice :D

Small suggestion: Instead of striking stuff out, remove them from the OP once they're done and make note of it in a post - otherwise first post if gonna get huge :lol:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#23 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:40 AM

I will just remove completed items from the first post.  Please feel free to suggest other items to add to the list.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#24 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:50 AM

2. Patch Kit Tomes to avoid install error on BG:EE due to missing OUTER_SET ~tutu_var~ ~~
I thnk this fixed it :P

4. Linux/OS X version of Fixpack script -- khelban12's snippet here might help

I'll need help with this because I don't have a linux/OSX system to test shit on :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#25 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:15 PM

Apologies if this isn't the right thread for this.  Just did my first BWS install using version 6eefff49ac56.  I selected maximum install, and added Huple NPC and both Hard Times (in two places on the BWS list).

1) The description of Huple 1.4 says it is Spanish only. This was true for 1.2 and I believe Huple was updated to 1.4 in BWS but the description wasn't.  The "Spanish only" should be removed (unless it still is).

2) The installation of Tashia paused, saying BWS needed the TOB version but SOA version was installed.  The Tashia mod has both versions, BWS selected the wrong one.  I exited BWS and manually chose the TOB version of Tashia.  

3) There were a few errors during install, listed at the end as follows:

The following originally selected mods could not be installed:

Mod: Vendedor DLAN
Component: D'Lan Merchant for SoA
Component: D'Lan Merchant for ToB

Mod: Sword Coast Stratagems
Component: Cosmetic change: stop Stoneskins from changing the caster's colour

Mod: Ding0's Tweak Pack
Component: Summoning Cap Removal

Mod: Return to Faerun
Component: RTF Movies and Sounds
Component: Sandrah Return To Faerun Areas
Component: Sandrah Return To Faerun Area Modifications
Component: Sandrah Return To Faerun Creatures
Component: Sandrah Return To Faerun Items and Stores
Component: Sandrah Return To Faerun Compiles
Component: Sandrah RtF Cross Mod Contents

If you need any other info, please let me know.  Thanks for the mindboggling goodness you guys have done!

#26 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:34 PM

1) The description of Huple 1.4 says it is Spanish only. This was true for 1.2 and I believe Huple was updated to 1.4 in BWS but the description wasn't.  The "Spanish only" should be removed (unless it still is).

Will update the description.  Updated.  Thanks for reporting.

2) The installation of Tashia paused, saying BWS needed the TOB version but SOA version was installed.  The Tashia mod has both versions, BWS selected the wrong one.  I exited BWS and manually chose the TOB version of Tashia.  

BWS was switched to use Tashia's SOA version instead of TOB version because we discovered that the TOB version breaks some dialogue and prevents the new Imoen Romance from installing.

Nightfarer is working on this, I think.

Mod: Sword Coast Stratagems
Component: Cosmetic change: stop Stoneskins from changing the caster's colour
This is unexpected.  Please upload your setup-stratagems.debug.

Mod: Ding0's Tweak Pack
Component: Summoning Cap Removal
Problems with innate abilities added by RPG-Kit Pack.  Lollorian patched some of them, not sure if he got them all.  A more recent BWS commit has removed the RPG-KP components from default selection.
Mistake.  If this was an error patching belt05.itm then the issue is still open (listed in first post of this thread).

This should be resolved by a more recent BWS commit.  You can manually run setup-sandrahnpc.exe and setup-sandrahitm.exe and setup-sandrahrtf.exe and install all components if you want these mods in your game.

Edited by agb1, 04 January 2016 - 02:42 PM.

#27 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:28 PM

BWS was switched to use Tashia's SOA version instead of TOB version because we discovered that the TOB version breaks some dialogue and prevents the new Imoen Romance from installing.

Does this mean my install is screwed, since I chose the TOB version?  Do I need to redo the whole thing?

Debug file is 40M, over the attached file limit.  Will upload and provide link later.

#28 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:32 PM

Debug file is 40M, over the attached file limit.  Will upload and provide link later.
It's a .txt file, package it to a .zip file and it should be under 800kb's at most.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#29 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

Does this mean my install is screwed, since I chose the TOB version?  Do I need to redo the whole thing?

Did you install Imoen Romance?  If you installed Tashia manually after Imoen Romance, it replaced some dialogue at the end of TOB, so you will not see the ending of Imoen Romance with your current install.

See:  http://www.shsforums...en-romance-mod/

Edited by agb1, 04 January 2016 - 02:39 PM.

#30 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:16 PM

It's a .txt file, package it to a .zip file and it should be under 800kb's at most.

Dur, I didn't think of that.  In my defense, there was a lot going on at my home when I posted including my net connection being reset and being late for work.  And sick.   :lol2:

#31 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:27 PM

Mistake.  If this was an error patching belt05.itm then the issue is still open (listed in first post of this thread).
I'm not certain, but I think it was due to belt05.

This should be resolved by a more recent BWS commit.  You can manually run setup-sandrahnpc.exe and setup-sandrahitm.exe and setup-sandrahrtf.exe and install all components if you want these mods in your game.

Thank you for your detailed help!  The only reason RTF is loaded is because it was part of the "maximum" mod list.  I have no idea what it does, and didn't choose it manually.  A little research suggests that Sandrah is an NPC mod with very deep roots all over the game, and possibly OP.  If I was going to use it, I imagine it would have to have been loaded in the proper order, otherwise I imagine it will overwrite too much.

In any case, you might want to modify RTF to indicate it needs these Sandrah files.

EDIT: further reading suggests it might work after all, installed at the end.  I think I'll check it out after all.

EDIT2: Nope.  Wasted over an hour trying to install before discovering it needed many other mods installed, including Drizzt Saga.  Oh well, I'll play with what I've got.

Did you install Imoen Romance?  If you installed Tashia manually after Imoen Romance, it replaced some dialogue at the end of TOB, so you will not see the ending of Imoen Romance with your current install.

See:  http://www.shsforums...en-romance-mod/

Again, thank you.  Imoen Romance was part of the mod bundle; I don't plan to romance her so... no loss.

Attached Files

Edited by Gay Lord, 05 January 2016 - 12:58 AM.

#32 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:47 PM

Nightfarer is working on this, I think.

You think right :) I already produced a new patch, sent to Leonardo some days ago. Not sure if it already made into Textpack.

Huple: version 1.2: english was supported via Textpack English but starting from version 1.3 translation made into the mod

#33 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:53 AM

Two final questions.

1) I read a comment somewhere that BG needs to be played at the default speed of 30fps.  I've gotten used to playing at the much faster 60fps.  Can anyone confirm?  Will I mess up the hundreds of mods if I don't play at the standard 30?

2) Where should I make feature requests for BWS?  This thread or elsewhere?

#34 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:12 AM

I have posted a proposal for the TashiaToB issue to the related thread - somebody needs to test it in game (I cannot as all my installations contain Sandrah and I therefore have not installed Tashia for the reported issue, which as well destroys the transition to Sandrah RTF.)

I have tested the code to install correctly and the resulting dialogue looks fine in NI but it misses the final check of having played it.

Edited by Roxanne, 05 January 2016 - 02:14 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#35 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:38 AM

1) I read a comment somewhere that BG needs to be played at the default speed of 30fps.  I've gotten used to playing at the much faster 60fps.  Can anyone confirm?  Will I mess up the hundreds of mods if I don't play at the standard 30?
Well, the warning is there help to avoid lagging and if you play at actual 60fps, the game is about 4 times as likely to experience that latency between your actions and what happens in the monitor. So yes, you can play the game at 60 fps, and the game won't crash or cause any game breaking bugs because of this, but it can skip game time without you having any control on the action

2) Well, here's a good place to place them for now, unless agb1 is against it.
And thus the BWS could use the stable beta v23801 from the link, why ask for a .exe while you already have the .zip file ?
Imp, ... or put weidu beta exe to /beta/ location ?
But it's already at the requested location, in a different format yes, but it's there... in:
http://www.weidu.org...WeiDU\weidu.exe
<- being the requested file. Yes, being part of the archive, you can't just download that single file...
... because I would have to mess with the BWS au3 code. Ask yourself which is easier: hack current BWS logic ...
Well, that question is a loaded one, in multiple direction actually. It auto scales. Meaning that the basic of it is, you being lazy, but do not blame yourself on that, as it happens that we being lazy, then them being lazy, and finally the world being lazy.
Yes, you have my sympathy, being part of the most lazy one of these.

How, well you don't want to mess up the current BWS build, so you request this.
But being the guy, who instead of actual switches, uses electronically guided resistors to control a processors that takes it's software from external hard drive from around the world, and not only that but then uses more of those to see a pixelated vision of a GUI of a tool that controls the inner workings of the machine ... the scale should be obvious, of how lazy I am being. Someone said to be intelligent, but I just clicked a thing, something a rat can definitely do, not that it would, as it much rather like to eat cheese. :devil:

Edited by The Imp, 05 January 2016 - 03:27 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#36 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:42 AM

In my view the reason not to use 238.01 is that Wisp does not want us to use beta versions. For that reason I hope a new supported release of WeiDU comes soon particularly for the ANYONE parsing problem on EE so we can stop patching individual mods. Alternatively, we can add some code in BWS to edit EA.IDS to remove ANYONE.

Found an easier way to do it: http://stackoverflow...ia-a-batch-file  I will add this workaround for now.

Actually that won't work because EA.IDS is biffed in a clean install.  This is an unmodified BG2EE EA.IDS file:

Spoiler

BGEE's version differs only in the final line (CHARMED_PC is missing from BGEE version).

Edited by agb1, 05 January 2016 - 06:34 AM.

#37 khelban12

khelban12
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:40 AM

Requests for Fixpack

3. Linux/OS X version of Fixpack script -- khelban12's snippet here might help
  http://www.shsforums...ogram/?p=584463
I'll need help with this because I don't have a linux/OSX system to test shit on :P

Hello again.

Attached File  big world fixpack.zip   13.46K   147 downloads

I have uploaded a BASH shell version that has the functionality of the BWF batch file (at least what i think the batch file does). I have uploaded it with zip extension because it did not let me upload it as .sh. You can check the following checksum to verify that it was downloaded correctly (i have a few literal tabs and i am afraid they will be messed up). I am not very proud of the code :) but it seems to work.

% md5sum big\ world\ fixpack.sh 
fdc8c2a501d97144bafefec8f68864b4  big world fixpack.sh

I have tested it on linux with a clean BG2:TOB installation and the following mods:

Spoiler

Warnings aside, all the patches applied correctly except one (the bp orcdead one).

Edit: I found why it doesn't apply. It is the line endings after all that causes the problem (at least on linux). There many combinations of line endings that can occur, and this one is not accepted by patch. If i make both the patch and the corresponding file to only have e.g LF line endings, then it applies fine. I need to find a way that makes patch work with every combination or many other patches in mods i didn't test will surely fail.
Edit2: I implemented an ugly hack that catches the case when the last line has no newline and now those patches can be applied.

I tried to account for the differences in BSD and MAC systems but without one to test, there may be dragons hidden. If someone has linux, *bsd, macosx and has the time / mood to try it and tell me if it works, i would be grateful.

Preconditions: 

• A Clean Installation: (Copy your game directory at some new location so that the script doesn't mess your game)
  • The mods (clean without BWF patches applied of course) and Big World Fixpack in the game folder and everything tolowered (i can make the script work with original mixed-case BWF but the code will be even more horrible so for now it only works with lowercase files)
  • BASH shell
  • Base system utilities like dirname, cp, mv, patch, grep, find, tee
  • GNU sed (BSD, MACOS come with BSD sed by default but GNU sed can be installed)

I have some questions about the behavior of the batch file for anyone versed in dos batch files.

Spoiler

Thank you for your time.

Edited by khelban12, 15 January 2016 - 03:04 AM.

#38 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:38 PM

Alternatively, we can add some code in BWS to edit EA.IDS to remove ANYONE.

Found an easier way to do it: http://stackoverflow...ia-a-batch-file  I will add this workaround for now.

Actually that won't work because EA.IDS is biffed in a clean install.
This is a job for a WeiDU mod.

COPY_EXISTING ~ea.ids~ ~override~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~0[ %TAB%]+ANYONE~ ~~
  BUT_ONLY

#39 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:27 PM

3. Conflict analysis needed for Trademeet Crypt components Hanna(6):AzenMOD(1):RevisedBattles(15)

Hanna: (slightly tougherscripts)

Appends AR2013.BCS

Gives the lich a new animation (same animation is used by infinityanimations so no conflict)

AzenMOD:  (Skeletons -> Lich + Greater Mummy + Skeletons)

Deletes all SKELET01, SKELWA & CESKEL01

Adds JC_LICH, MUMGRE01 & 2x CESKEL01 if an actor named "Crypt Lich" is not present (can be any creature called Crypt Lich in AR2013)

RevisedBattles: (Skeletons -> Liches and tougher fight scripts)

Will NOT do anything if AR02JC.ARE is in the game (it's from AzenMod component #0)

Replaces actor #0 with B#LICH01 if it is a SKELET01 (if SKELET01 is not the first actor, it adds a B#LICH01)

Replaces all remaining SKELET01 with B#LICH02

#40 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:10 AM

Thanks.  So AzenMod preferred over Revised Battles?  And AzenMod(0) vs. RevisedBattles(15).

Edited by agb1, 09 January 2016 - 12:15 AM.